Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Egg Camels actually, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were called EGG-AT's or something Staw Wars like.

Anywho, cool potential Boss Mech design for a game through, like a desert stage (or a Ice Planet that starts with a H and rhyms with goth).

Edited by Dantemustdie00

And then a completely new city was built right after that event so again, as Mark stated, nothing of consequence ever sticks.

True they got a new "better" city right away, however, if you look at the current plot and situation such a change was needed in order for the current events to take place. The entire reason that Ixis Naugus is king right now is because the city was rebuilt from nanites and was run by Nicole. After the Iron Queen took over the city using her magic the public no longer trusts their safety with Nicole and want her shut down. Since Naugus's powers can destroy nanites the publice feels he can protect them and, after destorying Titian Metal Sonic, they have good reason too.

That all seems pretty consequential. True, Nicole could save the day in a future issue and everyone would love her again and forget the whole Iron Dominion mishap but I sorta doubt that's going to happen anytime soon (and if it does it'll likely result in Nicole sacrificing herself). Also there's now the whole Ixis Naugus factor to throw in. Even if Nicole is forgiven the damage is still done: Naugus is still king and it's likely going to take the "secret" freedom fighters to put an end to his rule.

In response to bwrosas and the theorie's around the stolen blue Emerald I think perhaps Eggman Nega took it. Go back to SU 21 Treasure Team Tango. At the very begining we see Nega is running from the zone cops. Also, he stole a Sol Emerald but looses it. Now go to SU #32 Scourge: Lock-down and read the last page. Zonic states that "Nega has us spread thin." So, Nega is out there, somewhere. Now doesn't it seem likely that if he stole a Sol Emerald a Chaos Emerald might be just as appealing? Also there's the "Egg Jet" Snively steals in SU 37 Scrambled. Snively doesn't recognize it. Could it be it wasn't always there? Also he left the tracker on after swiping it. Why would he do that? It doesn't fit the plan he spilled out near the beginning of the issue, Even Eggman finds it odd and mentions is at the end. Could it be someone was hiding inside it and fled because they were discovered?

Also the fact that Snively spilled out his plan sorta gets me to think he didn't likely steal the Emerald. If he did he would've mentioned it right? Lien-da seems a more likely candidate but where would she hide it? Her quarters are located on the ship, there'd be no logical place to stash it.

There is one other high possibliy I see and that's Shadow, Rouge and Omega or Nack and his posse. After failing to get the Sol Emerald in Treasure Team Tango both teams seemed pretty down. So prehaps they picked themselves up and stole a Chaos Emerald for good measure. I think Rouge's team is the most likely since Omega is on the cover of issue 38. Honestly, why else would he suddenly be there? I guess he'd like his chance to take out Metal and Mecha Sally but really, to find them so soon?

In response to bwrosas and the theorie's around the stolen blue Emerald I think perhaps Eggman Nega took it. Go back to SU 21 Treasure Team Tango. At the very begining we see Nega is running from the zone cops. Also, he stole a Sol Emerald but looses it. Now go to SU #32 Scourge: Lock-down and read the last page. Zonic states that "Nega has us spread thin." So, Nega is out there, somewhere. Now doesn't it seem likely that if he stole a Sol Emerald a Chaos Emerald might be just as appealing? Also there's the "Egg Jet" Snively steals in SU 37 Scrambled. Snively doesn't recognize it. Could it be it wasn't always there? Also he left the tracker on after swiping it. Why would he do that? It doesn't fit the plan he spilled out near the beginning of the issue, Even Eggman finds it odd and mentions is at the end. Could it be someone was hiding inside it and fled because they were discovered?

Also the fact that Snively spilled out his plan sorta gets me to think he didn't likely steal the Emerald. If he did he would've mentioned it right? Lien-da seems a more likely candidate but where would she hide it? Her quarters are located on the ship, there'd be no logical place to stash it.

There is one other high possibliy I see and that's Shadow, Rouge and Omega or Nack and his posse. After failing to get the Sol Emerald in Treasure Team Tango both teams seemed pretty down. So prehaps they picked themselves up and stole a Chaos Emerald for good measure. I think Rouge's team is the most likely since Omega is on the cover of issue 38. Honestly, why else would he suddenly be there? I guess he'd like his chance to take out Metal and Mecha Sally but really, to find them so soon?

Yes, but as one person pointed out to me, what if Sally has it, I mean when I thought about that, it makes you think, epseically since the last time she was robotized, her vest remained as it was in #29, yet in second time around, it's pulled together. I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, the emerald feel into the rubble with her, I mean why else wait to the very end to pop back out when you could have done so after being robotized. I think she knew the emerald got robotized with her and gave her free will and control of her robotic mind ala Uncle Chuck in some way, and is laying dominant till she feels is the right to strike and releve herself to Eggman. And that's adding to what my friend said over at DA.

Thanks to Merricks on Bumbleking for these: http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5581

1200531_ful.jpg

Sonic The Hedgehog #238

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Terry Austin & Various (CA) Tracy Yardley & Various

'Loyalty,' Part 2. The clock is ticking as Sonic leads Team Fighters on a desperate rescue mission! Two nations stand on the brink of war, and long-time ally Lupe is set to be legionized! Meanwhile, the 'Unraveling' storyline begins as Mina's concert of hope draws the ire of the evil Ixis Naugus!"

1200532_ful.jpg

Sonic Universe #41

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Jim Amash & Various (CA) Stephen Downer & Various

'Unsung Heroes,' Part 1. The Secret Freedom Fighter arc begins here! Geoffrey St. John has been sent on a mysterious mission by the evil Ixis Naugus. It's up to Silver the Hedgehog's squad to find out what he's after - and to stop him! What is Naugus's sinister plot? Who are these Secret Freedom Fighters? The answers begin here!"

Okay so #238 carries on from #237. No joing covers, which is a shame, but nonetheless til looking like a good issue.

Now the more important issue of Sonic Universe #41. OMG OMG OMG! Secret Freedom Fighters revealed and it looks as if Harvey has chosen the time travelling hedgehog from the future that's trying to kill everyone thinking their a traitor! Excellent choice. I recognise the twins but not recognising the other 2/3 members (not sure if the robot counts yet). I'm really excited for these issues now!!!

• Thumbs Up 8

Hahaha what?

What the fuck Silver?

Oh whatever, Silver is a really likable character in the comics, so I'm fine with this.

And I just noticed that Silver is wearing his alternate costume from Rivals.

Sonic_Rivals-PSPArtwork1513Silver_Leather_qjgenth.jpg

Edited by Groosenator032
  • Thumbs Up 7

...Wait a minute, isn't that Metal Sonic from way back when? The same Metal Sonic who died in a volcano and all that jazz. :|a He looks uncannily similar.

274px-OriginalMetalSonic.png

Hmmm. There are definitely similarities, even if the one on the cover has a much nicer design overall and, well, stripes on him too. :|a

1200532_ful.jpg

So the original Metal Sonic is back?! . . . So the new mystery is why, how, and does he still have that power gem that pretty much allowed him to defeat Sonic effortlessly?

What is that Metal Sonic in SU #41?

It appears to be the original Metal Sonic from #25, the Chaotix special, and #86 - #87.

I like how not only does Silver have on his Race/Leather costume, but the guy next to him has SONIC'S Race/Leather costume, and that Metal Sonic has 3.0's decoration mixed in with Neo Metal Sonic's.

Sonic Rivals all over the place.

• Thumbs Up 1

274px-OriginalMetalSonic.png

Hmmm. There are definitely similarities, even if the one on the cover has a much nicer design overall and, well, stripes on him too. :|a

reminded me of a Metal Sonic/ Mega Man hybrid. I remember that issue clearly.

Friggin' SWEET! Cool to see Silver leading the Secret FFs and I'm really loving the Rivals references. If that really is the original Metal Sonic helping them, then I can't wait to see how they brought him back. I was always fond of his design. (Especially loved the arm cannon.) Can't wait to hear more about this arc! smile.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14

If that really is the original Metal Sonic helping them, then I can't wait to see how they brought him back. I was always fond of his design. (Especially loved the arm cannon.)

I was about to say, wouldn't Metal Sonic be a bad guy? But then I remember reading about at least one of the Archie Metal Sonics becoming a good guy. I'm guessing it was this one (assuming the Metal on the cover is the one we think it is)?

This is a surprise. Silver spent a lot of his time trying to find the traitor and now he may very well get to him/her. I'm curious about their use of the Metal Sonic tho.

SU#41...oh God, I hate it already.

Um...why?

Um...why?

Various reasons, don't feel like listing them here because it'd only detract from everyone else enjoying it.

Random thought, but could that Metal Sonic actually be a suited up Jules and his design borrowing inspiration as a homage to the original Metal Sonic? Just my speculation, but it would be pretty cool to see the original Metal Sonic to come back.

Random thought, but could that Metal Sonic actually be a suited up Jules and his design borrowing inspiration as a homage to the original Metal Sonic? Just my speculation, but it would be pretty cool to see the original Metal Sonic to come back.

Doing some quick research its gotta be Silver Sonic Mk. II all the other versions of Metal and Silver Sonic are accounted for Either dead or working on some mission for Eggman:

http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Sonic_II

Hes been techinally destroyed since #98 when the SA2 semi-arc was going on and Shadow was being a jerkoff but his remains were picked up by J.J. Moto and has been MIA since. Ian did say he wants to bring J.J. Moto back and this seems perfect and with him comes SS Mk. II. makes sense right?

Also loving the Rivals reference in the cover.

Various reasons, don't feel like listing them here because it'd only detract from everyone else enjoying it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep in mind man that someone already got in trouble in the Scooby Doo thread for doing the "I hate it and I don't care to explain why" kind of posting.