Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Derp-a-durr, dude, where is he bashing Sally? Go read the Tails Minisseries or the Sonic Adventure stories, that Sally always "babied-up" and never really liked to have Tails and Amy fight is an established fact ever since SatAM. And not a bad one, either, it's a flaw that makes her interesting- she's a good leader and whatnot but like her father she's still stuck on some traditions, such as "young 'uns don't fight".

Edited by The-Master-Board

Dude, get it through your skull, we're not bashing in this context. The character's stance was shown to be a reasonable, yet wrong, one- it's obvious she was caring for them, and that children have no place on a war, while it's also obvious she's forgetting the age she was when she started fighting. This is something established, and something not bad, so stop attacking anyone who mentions it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dude, get it through your skull, we're not bashing in this context. The character's stance was shown to be a reasonable, yet wrong, one- it's obvious she was caring for them, and that children have no place on a war, while it's also obvious she's forgetting the age she was when she started fighting. This is something established, and something not bad, so stop attacking anyone who mentions it.

"Source for your Sally bashing" doesn't sound like an attack. It sounds like a challenge. If it was an attack he would have also added some extra taunt to his comment, something along the lines, "if you can't then you're full of ****" granted, I'm just making an example.

Actually, you're sort of attacking him now as well."Derp-a-durr, dude, where is he bashing Sally?"

Considering the negative connotations in that. I'd say you're being more aggressive than him.

"Source for your Sally bashing" doesn't sound like an attack. It sounds like a challenge. If it was an attack he would have also added some extra taunt to his comment, something along the lines, "if you can't then you're full of ****" granted, I'm just making an example.

Actually, you're sort of attacking him now as well."Derp-a-durr, dude, where is he bashing Sally?"

Considering the negative connotations in that. I'd say you're being more aggressive than him.

Except for the fact that The-Master-Board has been very antagonistic towards Turbojet on his opinion of Sally. Turbojet didn't like Sally and criticizes her as such, while The-Master-Board defends her from his insults.

When you get into the history, it can very well seem like an attack. Had it been any other time, with another member, it might not have. But whenever I see these two go at it, I see it more as if they're going for each other's e-throats.

Which is hilarious when you think about how I stated that I love the character as a robot and haven't really insulted Sally since she became one.

Which is hilarious when you think about how I stated that I love the character as a robot and haven't really insulted Sally since she became one.

Ironic how she became more interesting when she has less personality.

Ironic how she became more interesting when she has less personality.

I wouldn't say less personality. It is more that everything that I bitched about in regards to her character no longer have that uniformed "she is being reasonable" crap or "she is right" bullshit, and now all of her 'traits' are being portrayed as negative as I always thought they should have been. Except, yeah, it is a different context than I imagine since she is the enemy now, but I can't really say anything negative about her character since Ian for once is highlighting all the attributes she had as a Mary-Sue and turning them on it's head as an antagonist. Yes, she is as shallow as a robot and always has been, but seeing her insult Tails and Amy for being kids on a battle field when she always did that despite Tails and Amy being more competent on the battlefield than her(and they never been roboticized neither so who was right, bitch?) just felt right and I hope it continues every time she becomes involved in an issue. Yes, that is right. I am actually looking forward to seeing Sally in another issue.

• Thumbs Up 4

I wouldn't say less personality. It is more that everything that I bitched about in regards to her character no longer have that uniformed "she is being reasonable" crap or "she is right" bullshit, and now all of her 'traits' are being portrayed as negative as I always thought they should have been. Except, yeah, it is a different context than I imagine since she is the enemy now, but I can't really say anything negative about her character since Ian for once is highlighting all the attributes she had as a Mary-Sue and turning them on it's head as an antagonist. Yes, she is as shallow as a robot and always has been, but seeing her insult Tails and Amy for being kids on a battle field when she always did that despite Tails and Amy being more competent on the battlefield than her(and they never been roboticized neither so who was right, bitch?) just felt right and I hope it continues every time she becomes involved in an issue. Yes, that is right. I am actually looking forward to seeing Sally in another issue.

....When a Mary Sue becomes an antagonist....I like it.

Stupid question: Has Amy ever gone by Sally's name in the comics? Like, as an in-joke for how she was called Princess Sally in Sonic CD's US booklet? Surprised Archie didn't do that sort of gag yet. Wouldn't be too hard, like maybe a villain who never met Sally assumes Amy is Sally or some goofy situation.

When was Sally criticising Any and Tails for being kids on the battlefield ever a consustent characer trait other than the early days and that one instance in Genesis?

Villain Sue? :P

Me too... that is, as long as she don't wind up being a Villain Sue.

When was Sally criticising Any and Tails for being kids on the battlefield ever a consustent characer trait other than the early days and that one instance in Genesis?

The early days and at least around issues 130s. When she was still a vaguely interesting character before becoming Bland McPerfect.

Yeah, it's early instances, but it isn't the first time Ian Flynn calls back to that- take Sally cutting her hair, Bunnie's uncle being introduced, etc.

Still waiting for Tails drawing again

Me too... that is, as long as she don't wind up being a Villain Sue.

Villain Sue? tongue.png

Well considering she's clearly subservient to Eggman, I doubt we'll be seeing that. Although, the fact that she's probably more powerful than Metal Sonic, Eggman's original top enforcer can give off that vibe.

She denied Amy membership into the Freedom Fighters because of her immaturity, and used to be against Tails joining them on missions until Tails came of age, its more downplayed nowadays but it still shows up.

Also, 130s. She was really annoying during that time. Then again, everybody was.

Villain Sue? tongue.png

The moment Ian decides to make her anything more than a stooge, is the moment I hate her since Eggman already has plenty of interesting characters as his minions. Conquering Storm, Akhut the Killer Whale, Bill Platypus, Dragowolf and Razorclaw, and Beauregard Rabbot. I rather see more of them.

I think it is also that Master-Board charges that I hate Archie Sonic when I am probably the only one on this board who can cite the grandmasters of the Dark Egg Legion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, 130s. She was really annoying during that time. Then again, everybody was.

The moment Ian decides to make her anything more than a stooge, is the moment I hate her since Eggman already has plenty of interesting characters as his minions. Conquering Storm, Akhut the Killer Whale, Bill Platypus, Dragowolf and Razorclaw, and Beauregard Rabbot. I rather see more of them.

I think it is also that Master-Board charges that I hate Archie Sonic when I am probably the only one on this board who can cite the grandmasters of the Dark Egg Legion.

well hey, can't hate something you know nothing about.

Dude when I saw "Where were you when they were handing the brains out" or something like that...TROLL MOMENT

Also what were the brains?

Was actually pretty pleased with this issue, surprisingly; Antione's apparent death was handled a lot better than Sally's BLAM BLAM BLAM moment back in 125.

Of course, the only thing now is whether he actually does die or not. I'll admit I started worrying at "He's still breathing, I'll get him to a doctor". Not that I particularly hate or dislike Antoine (at least, not any more than any of the other SatAM/ Archie cast), but I'd give Ian lots of kudos if he actually had the balls to kill of someone who's been around from the start. It's just the kind of gutsy move the series needs to actually feel like it can be taken seriously.

Colour me cautiously intrigued, for now at least.

It just bugs me that, in the end, nothing of any consequence ever really happens in this series. =/ I know that's true of most Western comics, but still. Even if a plot spans a few years, no matter how bad things get, the heroes always bounce back 100% and everything always goes back to (pretty much) exactly how it was to begin with. It does make everything feel a little pointless if there's no real sense of progress or sacrifice.

I dunno, I think Eggman carpet bombing Knothole to the ground was at least a somewhat game changing consequence.

• Thumbs Up 4

I actually wasn't reading back when that happened. I'll admit it's a change I guess, but ultimately they got a new city pretty damn quickly. D:

Was actually pretty pleased with this issue, surprisingly; Antione's apparent death was handled a lot better than Sally's BLAM BLAM BLAM moment back in 125.

Ok i'm going to put the brakes on this.

Was it ever actually confirmed hes dead yet? I thought this was all just baseless assumptions.

Was it ever actually confirmed hes dead yet? I thought this was all just baseless assumptions.

Possibly.

Then again, I still think Hershey is alive somewhere but got legionized.

Hence in my comment I said 'apparent'.