Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Wasn't expecting that ending, I'll say. I bet people wanting those two to kiss are feeling down (I'm not). Also, looking forward to seeing all those prelates! What's better than a gigantic evil looking Big the cat prelate?

:)I'm happy for Jani-Ca/Lara-Su, and I saw the happy ending coming a mile away. :D Edited by DragonSoul

The game Prototype can talk to my agent! I'm more of an RPG gamer, as in I prefer to be playing a game where I actually have to work hard and use skill and time to earn the somewhat great power I'll end up wielding. Insta-god gameplay doesn't appeal to me, I just don't see the fun in it.

You do just that in this "insta-god" game. You don't start off with all your powers, but at your weakest you are the most powerful thing in the game starting off.

Plus, here's something to consider: even at your most powerful, this game is still hard enough to be a challenge. And that says a lot when a game gets equally as threatening as the god-like character you're playing, as there's always something on your level or even above you. Try the game out and see for yourself.

Bit of a heads up tho: The character himself you might not bother to care about, but the stuff he does is something else.

Which is true, but then you face the problem of making a force to compete with it, and therefore you have to make up another story for why Sonic or whoever gets this powerful and things get messy/boring again.

Or you could make that the point of the current plot in stopping the threat. You don't have to do anything if you want to avoid it, it just takes someone skilled with a pen or rather someone who is capable of making decent throwaway lines that hold as much weight.

If it's anything like this latest Silver arc it'll just end up being two dudes hurling coloured energy at each other in a boring way or something like Dragonball Z where they stand about and talk about their power levels.

I suggest you be a little more open-minded than that dude. ;)

But see that is a problem which also applies to your idea. Rather than overpowered monster or overpowered dude, I'd much rather some evenly matched bad guy/ good guy fights.

That's just the idea for the villian, not exactly the whole plot.

Metal Sonic's first race with Sonic was epic, and he was just a robot designed on Sonic. Knuckles Vs Sonic in Hidden Palace, again pretty damn cool; just two dudes (albiet with powers) fighting. Sonic vs Shadow; two dudes fighting. And I can bet sooo many people were disappointed in Sonic Heroes that we never got to fight Neo Metal Sonic after his transformation before he became Metal Madness and Metal Overlord because fighting another dude who isn't some giant overpowered thing makes for more interesting fights.

There's more than just that to make an interesting fight. An evenly matched good guy/bad guy can make for a boring fight if it's all to predictable, just like how it was with these overpowered monsters.

You want me to use an example for my point? Try Sonic Battle, were Emerl absorbs all seven Chaos Emeralds and becomes super powerful. What happens end the end? Sonic beats the robot with his own hands, and he does so without the Chaos Emeralds and wins. To be interesting, you have to make it interesting, and being evenly matched is not a standard.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Just read the free comic day issue and well, I hate the art. I hate the art. I really fucking hate the art. The art is godawful. I hate the art. Oh, did I mention that I have a fervent dislike for the art?

I've got some choice photos of interesting things from the new issue:

226438_161105683953277_100001615403873_394157_5944516_n.jpg

225145_161105807286598_100001615403873_394158_2542276_n.jpg

226721_161105880619924_100001615403873_394159_3904142_n.jpg

227316_161106017286577_100001615403873_394160_4577177_n.jpg

230161_161106217286557_100001615403873_394163_2755959_n.jpg

226676_161106410619871_100001615403873_394164_8188774_n.jpg

230778_161106553953190_100001615403873_394165_1015283_n.jpg

222657_161106680619844_100001615403873_394166_5645063_n.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Dr. Finitevus? He got him too? :lol:

Kinda wanted to see Sonic's Prelate, but I'm not complaining. I'm actually liking Lara-su's Enerjak form!

Wasn't sonic's prelate form shown in a previous issue? find it odd that all except sonic wern't shown in this issue.

Just read the free comic day issue and well, I hate the art. I hate the art. I really fucking hate the art. The art is godawful. I hate the art. Oh, did I mention that I have a fervent dislike for the art?

Ok, what do you think of the original issue then?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1FnVdNVZMs

I think the art is a major improvment over...that...

Prelate Bivalve is the best thing to happen on that page.

Ian Flynn just got 10,000 rep points from me.

So apparently Jet's REALLY attached to Extreme Gear because even when he's has his core ripped from his body and a prelate version of himself made from it, his prelate STILL appears riding on an Extreme Gear.Does that mean that his hoverboard is part of his soul or whatever?

You do just that in this "insta-god" game. You don't start off with all your powers, but at your weakest you are the most powerful thing in the game starting off.

Plus, here's something to consider: even at your most powerful, this game is still hard enough to be a challenge. And that says a lot when a game gets equally as threatening as the god-like character you're playing, as there's always something on your level or even above you. Try the game out and see for yourself.

Bit of a heads up tho: The character himself you might not bother to care about, but the stuff he does is something else.

Or you could make that the point of the current plot in stopping the threat. You don't have to do anything if you want to avoid it, it just takes someone skilled with a pen or rather someone who is capable of making decent throwaway lines that hold as much weight.

I suggest you be a little more open-minded than that dude. ;)

That's just the idea for the villian, not exactly the whole plot.

There's more than just that to make an interesting fight. An evenly matched good guy/bad guy can make for a boring fight if it's all to predictable, just like how it was with these overpowered monsters.

You want me to use an example for my point? Try Sonic Battle, were Emerl absorbs all seven Chaos Emeralds and becomes super powerful. What happens end the end? Sonic beats the robot with his own hands, and he does so without the Chaos Emeralds and wins. To be interesting, you have to make it interesting, and being evenly matched is not a standard.

Ok, ok fine! You've convinced me. You actually have some decent points there, it does sounds a little interesting. I'm still more inclined to picked Finitevus over Enerjak as a cool dude to vs though!

Glad you liked the art! I thought it was pretty great too. Hope to see more of it soon!

Although I prefer Renae Deliz's short short stint of art we had, where the hell has she gone to? They haven't used her in ages.

So apparently Jet's REALLY attached to Extreme Gear because even when he's has his core ripped from his body and a prelate version of himself made from it, his prelate STILL appears riding on an Extreme Gear.Does that mean that his hoverboard is part of his soul or whatever?

As a skater I can say I think of my board as an extension of myself!

Edited by The-Master-Board

We already know that prelates can summon objects they had in life (eg Espio and his Shuriken), so that's likely the case here.

Not that I want to see an or am advocating it in any way, but I can see those "clear" versions of the Jazwars figures, given a little paint, looking like prelate versions of the characters in figure form.

Guess who just got StH #225 early? :D Though, I'm going to hold off on the summary until the preview pages are released to respect Ian's wishes. When they ARE released, however, I'll let loose the juicy details. :)

Awww no spoilers? Even by PM? =(

Okay. Just shoot me a PM and I'll disclose a few interesting details. :)

To be honest I was kind of dissapointed with the Silver arc, if only because it seemed more about Lara-Su/Jani-Ca than about Silver himself, who felt like he only existed to have someone fight Enerjak, and the whole "Take my Power and do right" thing? Saw it coming from a mile away, would've been better if she went psycho with it.

Also why the hell didn't Enerjak just summon Sonic's prelate and be done with it? I understand he wants to be entertained, but still...

Not related to the actual story, but the letters page at the end of #225 hints at a Mephiles appearence. Here's the Q/A:

Q: Has Mephiles ever been in StH issues? If so, what issues?

A: Look sharp and you just might find him. Can't tell you where or when, though.

Interesting. :)

I think some people are finally getting their wishes and others are gonna be pissed when this issue is finally out. 225. Just a thought, who ever has it, listen to "Just a little loving" By Carmen Mcrae while reading the issue. At once point it just seems to "fit". And not in the beginning, I'm thinking "BLAM BLAM"

fffff Don't tease me like that.

I wanna know what happens.

Yes, please. Thank you. I promise not to spoil anyone else.

It's not my thing anyway. I get mad when I get spoiled even if it's tiny stuff.

Edited by Chooch