Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm pretty sure he ditched them on pretty negative terms didn't he?

I'd post my reaction to the cover, but I'm sure everyone would disa--

Oh wait, Flyboy agrees. So, then...

WHAT. How on Earth is the doting girlfrined and a loyal band of mercenaries NOT likely? They may not have been together since around the 190's (which, considering all that's happened to them, isn't much), but they weren't on bad terms when they were forced to part.

I notice that the Destrictix are in prison uniforms too, so did they also go to jail or did they break in?

Anyway my interest in this arc has kinda diminished considering it was so damn predictable who would break him out.

I wouldn't dismiss this arc completely just yet just because some of Scourge's old poker buddies are doing the dirty work of actually breaking him out, since after all we don't know who gave them access to the No-Zone (perhaps that would be our unlikely ally?).

Also a little question I've had floating around recently. From what I know of the series Sally was meant to die during EndGame but was saved by Sega's interferance, yet Robotnik, an intergral (game) character and the central villain to the series, was allowed to actually die. I kinda question how that works :/

I wouldn't dismiss this arc completely just yet just because some of Scourge's old poker buddies are doing the dirty work of actually breaking him out, since after all we don't know who gave them access to the No-Zone (perhaps that would be our unlikely ally?).

Also a little question I've had floating around recently. From what I know of the series Sally was meant to die during EndGame but was saved by Sega's interferance, yet Robotnik, an intergral (game) character and the central villain to the series, was allowed to actually die. I kinda question how that works :/

I understand that it wasn't the same Robotnik and all, and that it was all set-up as the grand finale of the series back then, but when you hear about how Sega (supposedly) have mandates against Sonic crying it kinda surprises me that Robotnik was allowed to die. I find it especially strange since Sega had already stepped in to save a comic exclusive character, since I'd always assumed that the Game characters would take priority.

Sega was testing the waters to see how merchandisable Sally was in Sonic Mars, so they wanted Archie to keep her alive. Since that game was never made, it didn't really matter in the long run.

Archie was only allowed to kill Robotnik on the ground that he would be brought back in some manner. The fact that he was a robot made it easier to change his design later on.

Ah I didn't know that Robotnik was killed at that time under the condition that he would be brought back later in some way, I was just under the impression that Sega didn't realise (or hadn't bothered) with the plans for Robotnik at that time. Now that its been explained it actually feels quite obvious. :huh:

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Edit: Also, does anyone think Scourge's little quill-trim has any relation to the Generations?

Edited by Kamicciolo

I think it has more to do that people in prison always get a buzz cut when they are admissioned in. =P As well as the fact that hedgehog spikes are really sharp, and his primary form of attacking can't be possible now that it's been trimmed.

Sonic #227 has a solicit now!

Written by Ian Flynn, art by Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante, Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin, John Workman, Matt Herms, cover by Spaziante.

"Genesis" Part Two: Sonic's 20th Anniversary Celebration kicks into high gear as the most talked about Sonic story EVER continues! Sonic joins his new friends Sally, Boomer and Antoine as they brave the treacherous Labyrinth Zone! What perils await them in these dark waters? Even if they do track down this "Dr. Robotnik," are they up to the challenge of defeating him?!

32 pages, $2.99.

What fun.

Edit: Also for SU#30;

Written by Ian Flynn, art by Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Phil Felix, Steve Downer, cover by Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Ben Hunzeker.

"Inside Job" Part Two: Scourge the "Evil Sonic" is imprisoned in Zone Jail! He's going to need support to escape, but the mercenary gang of the Destructix aren't interested. Can Scourge delve into their dark pasts and find a reason to gain their trust? Or will he wind up a green smear on the wall?

32 pages, $2.99.

Huh.

Edited by VEAM-F

Written by Ian Flynn, art by Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante, Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin, John Workman, Matt Herms, cover by Spaziante.

"Genesis" Part Two: Sonic's 20th Anniversary Celebration kicks into high gear as the most talked about Sonic story EVER continues! Sonic joins his new friends Sally, Boomer and Antoine as they brave the treacherous Labyrinth Zone! What perils await them in these dark waters? Even if they do track down this "Dr. Robotnik," are they up to the challenge of defeating him?!

32 pages, $2.99.

So is this a flashback series? I am confused.

He went to the same night school as Amy did prior to Sonic '06.

Sheesh, that reminds me, it can't be comfortable to be Knuckles now he knows nearly every waking second of his days were being observed.

Edited by VEAM-F

32 pages, $2.99.

What fun.

Edit: Also for SU#30;

Written by Ian Flynn, art by Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Phil Felix, Steve Downer, cover by Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Ben Hunzeker.

"Inside Job" Part Two: Scourge the "Evil Sonic" is imprisoned in Zone Jail! He's going to need support to escape, but the mercenary gang of the Destructix aren't interested. Can Scourge delve into their dark pasts and find a reason to gain their trust? Or will he wind up a green smear on the wall?

32 pages, $2.99.

Huh.

I'm getting spooky Sonic X anniversary issue vibes from #227's solicit.

My Potto Sense is tingling.

Edited by Kintobor

Bah, that is predictiable and boring for a second part <_<. i was expecting something more from this Scourge arc.

:mellow:I think that if/when Scourge wins the Destructix's trust, he'll probably betray Fiona to take the leadership role since I don't think he'll want to take orders from anyone. This will perhaps crush Fiona since it's likely she still has feelings for him. ;)

New issue means something new for the Sega Forums to complain about, better go do damage control.

This is how you dodge filters?

Anyway, meh, Geoffery is being a top-notch troll, but the rest of the action hasn't captured my imagination.

Also, slightly off topic, I was going to join the Ken Penders forum to do some information collection things. I was trying to think of a way to subtly mess with the people there with my usual blend of fanaticism, would having "I support Argyle and Salma...as siblings!" in tiny text do for a starting point?

Just got StH #224 in the mail! Expect my usual summary once I'm done reading it! :)