Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Summary time! :)

1.The issue begins with Sonic stading against Naugus.

2."Stand aside, Quickster! My right to rule does not concern you!"

3."Dude, you're ugly and you're evil. I'm deeply concerned. Plus, I've got the Sword of Acorns."

4.Naugus insists that he destroyed the Sword of Acorns and tries to use his fire magic against it.

5.Sonic easily blocks the attack with the Sword.

6."Right. So Elias promoted the Sword of Light, which beats dark magic like yours."

7.Sonic rushes towards Naugus and the battle begins.

8.Elsewhere, the other FFs are still battling Geoffrey.

9.Geoffrey taunts them, saying that they'll never be able to lay a hand on him.

10.Sally says that they were going to give Geoffrey the benefit of the doubt even after what he did to Sonic, but to restore Naugus and try to usurp Elias is going too far.

11."What's done is done. My master is meeting with the Council of Acorn now to make his rightful claim to the crown. And through him, the people of this city will finally be safe."

12."Traitor or revolutionary, you're still a murderer!"

13.Sally kicks at Geoffrey followed by a swift extendo-punch from Bunnie and some fancy swordwork from Antione. Geoffrey dodges the attacks to the best of his ability, but gets a bit tangled in Bunnie's arm.

14.Geoffrey wonders why Sally would make such an a wild claim.

15."You said it yourself! Hershey is dead!"

16."And you think I could so that to her? We were on seperate missions! I investigated when she didn't report in!"

17."And you expect us to believe a single word from you now?"

18."Think of me what you like, but do NOT belittle my wife's sacrifice! She went down fighting the Eggman Empire!"

19.Elsewhere, Eggman is readying the project he hinted at last issue. He places the Chaos Emerald he stole from Feist into a machine and it begins to energize.

20."How are the readings, Snively?"

21."They're incredible! All systems are already charged by five percent!"

22."Very good. I'm on my way to the Command Deck. Begin launch preperations."

23.Back at the Council, Sonic and Naugus are clashing. There's also a nice SaTBK reference where the Sword spins with Sonic when he jumps. :)

24."The last king swore fealty to ME! He became my knight! This kingdom is mine!"

25."Is not."

26."It is so!"

27."Is not."

28."Is too!"

29."Is not."

30."Is--RARGGH! Curse you!"

31."Face it, gruesome! You're an evil wizard, everybody knows it, and no amount of "playing nice" is going to change that."

32."It is not your place to judge!"

33.Naugus conjurs a stone ledge that tosses Sonic into the air, freeing the Sword from his grasp.

34."No, it's mine."

35.Elias grabs the Sword from the air and begins clashing with Naugus himself.

36."And I will NOT give up my father's crown so easily!"

37.Naugus uses his air magic to force Elias to the ground.

38."There's been enough fighting between your family and me. Step down, boy. And take back your simpler life."

39.Rotor tries to rally Dylan, Hamlin, and Penelope to help Elias.

40."Nicole? Can you hear me? I need the nanite suit!"

41.Penelope, however, has other plans.

42."No, you don't. Sit down."

43.Hamlin and Dylan are about to spring into action and help Elias, but Penelope's words stop them in their tracks.

44."WHAT?"

45."We're NOT Freedom Fighters anymore. We're councilors."

46.Hamlin tries to dispute this.

47."But...!"

48."The people elected us to govern, not fight. Or do you want to be charged with dereliction of duty?"

49.The enrages Hamlin.

50."YOU want to bring ME up on charges?!"

51."You set the precedent with Sally!"

52.Sonic joins in on the argument.

53.Um, hello? What happened to the fighting?"

54.Rosemary also decides to give her opinion on the matter.

55."The constitution only calls for a King to preside over the Council. It doesn't specify WHO has to be King."

56.Rotor, of course, is flabbergasted by her statement.

57."YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!"

58.Uncle Chuck also joins in.

59."I had THOUGHT the matter of Elias's rule was already settled with you and your husband."

60."What was settled for the people was the EXISTENCE of a King!"

61.Sonic has had enough of all this.

62."Come ON, people! He already stirred up trouble and crystalized Nicole's nanites! What further proof do you need?"

63.Dylan interjects.

64."Well, if he can do that, maybe he can protect us from..."

65.The sets everyone off and they start arguing back and forth while Elias and Naugus watch.

66.Meanwhile, back at the Egg Dome, Eggman is at the Command Deck of his new machine.

67.Eggman asks Snively and Lien-Da to report and they say that all systems are online, all engines are fully powered, and "Operation: Clean Sweep" is charged to fifteen percent.

68.Eggman is pleased by this and tells them to begin the countdown. Snively interjects and asks him if he would rather wait until Stage 1 is complete to begin the plan.

69."Shut up, Snively. It's time to remake this world in my image."

70.Snively begins the ten minute countdown timer.

71.Back the FFs' battle with Geoffrey, knocks Tails to the ground and says that he can keep up this fight all day.

72."But you're not going to."

73."Really now?"

74."You say you're innocent. You say Naugus is in the right."

75."Yes."

76."Then we shouldn't be fighting. If you're doing the right thing, stand down and let justice take it's course."

77.Geoffrey agrees and decides to play along.

78.Sally tells Bunnie and Antoine to keep an eye on him and goes to console Nicole.

79.Nicole is depressed that she can't bring back the nanites that Naugus turned into crystal and she can't even feel them anymore.

80.Some citizens overhear her and are interested to hear that Naugus' magic can defeat the nanites.

81."Maybe this Naugus guy could protect us?"

82."Yeah, but wasn't Sonic fighting him?"

83."Sonic's fought good guys, too, though."

84."Maybe he's made another mistake?"

85."And isn't Commander St. John a hero?"

86."Well, he DID work for King Maximillian"

87."Maybe he's right, after all?"

88.Sally tells Nicole that she should probably get out of sight for a while and she vanishes.

89.Back at the Council, the parties are still arguing for and against Naugus' rule.

90.Penelope suggests that they should at least put it to a vote, but Sonic isn't having it.

91."No, no, NO! He's the BAD GUY! I beat him up, and that's it!"

92.Hamlin disputes him.

93."Oh, what a surprise! Mister Hero here thinks he can do whatever he wants and ignore the authority of the Council--AGAIN!"

94."I can and I WILL when you guys are being STUPID!"

95.Chuck tells Sonic to settle down.

96.Naugus has other ideas.

97."Doesn't anyone think Elias should have a say in what happens to the crown?"

98.Sonic tells Elias not to listen to him.

99.Elias asks Naugus if he would honor the Council and the will of the people.

100."I seek only my crown. I will honor the Council and the will of the people...just as SOME Freedom Fighters should."

101.Sonic has had enough and grabs the Sword from Elias' hands.

102."That's it! I'm ending this charade before it gets any more ridiculous!"

103.Elias tries to stop Sonic and says that they can end this peacefully.

104."You've FOUGHT to stay King! You were swinging at him a second ago, too!"

105."LISTEN. He's too powerful and the people are jumpy. We need a peaceful solution right now, and we can figure out--"

106."Nuh-uh, I'm keeping this simple. I've got my shiny, pointy trump card here. You get jailed, Elias stays King, and that's that."

107.Naugus taunts him.

108."Bold words coming from the one committing TREASON right now."

109.Meanwhile, at the Eggdome, Eggman's new machine begins to launch.

110.Back at the Council, Sonic says that they wouldn't give him such a hard time if it was Eggman in Naugus' place.

111."Julian is my enemy as well."

112."One...nobody calls him that anymore. Get with the times. Two...I wasn't talking to you. Three...your raspy hissing voice makes my skin crawl, so shut it!"

113.Elias insists on letting the Government handle this matter calmly, but Sonic refuses. The two fight over grasp of the Sword.

114."I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation, and you're not helping!"

115."I'm TRYING to save the day, but you guys are tripping me up!"

116.Back at the Eggdome, the launch timer ends and Eggman's new machine soars into the air.

117.Sonic and the others feel a large vibration in the earth from the launch. Sonic accuses Naugus, but Naugus insists this was not his doing.

118."Nor was it an earthquake. Something shook the earth with great force...and from a distance."

119."Dr. Eggman?"

120."He's been quiet for a long time. Maybe..."

121.Sonic suggests taking a break from the matter at hand and the others agree. He tells Naugus to lift the crystal wall and he does so.

122.Outside, the citizens are all staring up at the sky as a large round object descends on the city.

123.Within the group of citizens are cameos from Big, Froggy, Cream, Vanilla, Rosie, Bernie, and Jules.

124.The issue ends with Sonic staring up at the sky to find a new Death Egg floating above the city.

125.There's also a very funny off-panel strip with a Monty Python reference. "It's only a model."

That's all she wrote! Only ONE more issue stands between us and Genesis now! :D

Also, say hello to Sonic Legacy Volume 1:

51pjznMRPNL__SS500_.jpg

There's no confirmation on what it is yet, but all Ian could confirm is that it has nothing to do with Genesis or the Encyclopedia and it's something for the collectors. I'm VERY interested to see what this is. :)

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Sonic Legacy? Surely it can't be a reprint of old issues or anything because thats what we have the sonic selects for right?

Classic Sonic's hands are kinda huge there, but I approve anyway. Always good to see the little guy, even if it's weird to see SatAM Robotnik in GHZ.

And on a completely random note, this might sound petty, but it bugs me how Fang the Sniper is drawn with an extra finger in the comics now. ...no, seriously. In all the games, he had one less finger than the main cast as a nod to a Japanese gang ritual.

It's a tiny little detail, but I don't see why they decided to give him normal hands when it's a unique part of his design.

I've taken a couple of photos from the issue for people who want to see a certain something's new design. In addition to that, I've also included the Off-Panel strip and the Fan Art section. Enjoy! :)

215207_157809857616193_100001615403873_370315_5962335_n.jpg

224208_157809910949521_100001615403873_370316_1355459_n.jpg

229446_157809957616183_100001615403873_370317_4792606_n.jpg

Civil war's a brewin'...

I've taken a couple of photos from the issue for people who want to see a certain something's new design. In addition to that, I've also included the Off-Panel strip and the Fan Art section. Enjoy! :)

215207_157809857616193_100001615403873_370315_5962335_n.jpg

224208_157809910949521_100001615403873_370316_1355459_n.jpg

229446_157809957616183_100001615403873_370317_4792606_n.jpg

Is that vaporotem's art i see there? :)

• Thumbs Up 1

WHy the hell didn't Sonic just punch out Naugus instead of listening ot Elias?

Seems like he was trying to the whole time, but Naugus had a good defense.

51pjznMRPNL__SS500_.jpg

There's no confirmation on what it is yet, but all Ian could confirm is that it has nothing to do with Genesis or the Encyclopedia and it's something for the collectors. I'm VERY interested to see what this is. :)

Could be a full size trade paperback, starting with issue 0 and the mini series or the first issue of the main series? Like the usual ones you see in comic book stores, not those smaller sized Sonic Archives issues. Probably a way to get Sonic comics into book stores and off of the comic racks.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Seems like he was trying to the whole time, but Naugus had a good defense.

But why? Why are they even CONSIDERING letting him be king? Do they not remember when [Naugus] tried to kill them and everyone else? As far as I'm concerned the council should be cheering on Sonic to kick his

ass.

More importantly why would Sonic take this? This is the same guy who broke out of a high security prison, and became a world wide fugitive, just to save the world, and now he's going to let some petty council stand in his way, do you not see something is wrong with that?

He isn't. He clearly isn't letting the Council persuade him to sit by, he's trying to convince them not to trust him. Sonic always does what feels is the right thing to do even if others won't see that way or see him as a traitor or bad guy.

In fact, this scenario kind of reminds me of the cutscene leading up to the final boss in SatBK in a way.

Edited by DragonSoul

He isn't. He clearly isn't letting the Council persuade him to sit by, he's trying to convince them not to trust him. Sonic always does what feels is the right thing to do even if others won't see that way or see him as a traitor or bad guy.

In fact, this scenario kind of reminds me of the cutscene leading up to the final boss in SatBK in a way.

Well considering that like Merlina it didn't work, he should just do what he did and just charge Naugus. If the council won't listen why bother talking to them?

But why? Why are they even CONSIDERING letting him be king? Do they not remember when [Naugus] tried to kill them and everyone else? As far as I'm concerned the council should be cheering on Sonic to kick his

ass.

Remember, Naugus has sown fear and hatred into their hearts. They're all still freaking out over Nicole's nanites. Since Naugus has completely shut her out, he offers them that "safety" element.

It's all because of some brilliant manipulation on Naugus's end.

Remember, Naugus has sown fear and hatred into their hearts. They're all still freaking out over Nicole's nanites. Since Naugus has completely shut her out, he offers them that "safety" element.

It actually turned the otherwise typical villain into a serious threat. The re-invention of the Iron Queen failed, but he did right by Naugus.

But Sonic stuck by his views the entire time! All of the council members sans Rotor did not agree (with varying degree) with Sonic's actions. The conversation also didn't finish, as when Sonic was about to go on the offensive with Naugus even after Elias told him his stance, the Death Egg launched and caused a tremor leading them to confront with that instead as it was already in sight of New Mobotropolis.

Elias considered it if only because he really never had a passion to rule in the first place and probably still harbors those feelings. If you remember that in issue #53 that when King Acorn was in the Zone of Silence and didn't have a way out, he said that he sought refuge with Naugus if he forfeit his crow and entitlement to him. Naugus thinks he is in the right and wants to rule, and Elias said that he'll give him the crown if he also looks after his people. Sonic on the other hand still didn't want any of that but was caught off when the Death Egg showed up.

I guess it makes sense, Fear makes us do stupid irrational things to protect ourselves.

I still say Sonic should screw what they say, and kick Naugus` ass. Not that he's right or anything for it, but Sonic should know that having Naugus around would spell bad news.

I guess it makes sense, Fear makes us do stupid irrational things to protect ourselves.

I still say Sonic should screw what they say, and kick Naugus` ass. Not that he's right or anything for it, but Sonic should know that having Naugus around would spell bad news.

Uh... dude?

He was just about to before the Death Egg launched. >.>

Uh... dude?

He was just about to before the Death Egg launched. >.>

ITs kind of hard to know that , when you don't have a physical copy.

Sonic at least wanted to kick his ass. Anyway, the conflict isn't going to last much longer because Eggman is back in the picture with another trump card. From the sounds of it, Eggman now has some type of machine that can change reality somehow, so this likely will lead to Sonic Genesis where all of them are oblivious to everything that happened to this point and we start from scratch in Eggman's new world. My prediction is that our heroes will regroup and it will tell an Archie-style version of the events between Sonic 1 and 3 & Knuckles with, a new Death Egg saga in other words.

Youu know reading the new issue I really don't get why people think Sonic is a "Puppet" of the Acorn kingdom he straight up disobey's Elies and argues with the councile because he doesn't agree with them he was extremly close to turning traitor all so he could save the day.

Just because Archie Sonic lives in a kingdom doesn't make him any less of a free spirit the comic has proved several times if Sonic doesn't agree with them he'll do what he wants he wouldn't have went to fight Scourge at Freedom HQ if he was a "Puppet".

Youu know reading the new issue I really don't get why people think Sonic is a "Puppet" of the Acorn kingdom he straight up disobey's Elies and argues with the councile because he doesn't agree with them he was extremly close to turning traitor all so he could save the day.

Just because Archie Sonic lives in a kingdom doesn't make him any less of a free spirit the comic has proved several times if Sonic doesn't agree with them he'll do what he wants he wouldn't have went to fight Scourge at Freedom HQ if he was a "Puppet".

Remember the general public don't see what happens in the kingdom.

To them, Sonic is someone who saves people and does so a lot, sure. But he has made mistakes, and can be a bit hot tempered when it comes to sticking inline with his values.

Remember the general public don't see what happens in the kingdom.

To them, Sonic is someone who saves people and does so a lot, sure. But he has made mistakes, and can be a bit hot tempered when it comes to sticking inline with his values.

I'm pretty sure he means readers of the comic.

I'm pretty sure he means readers of the comic.

....Ohhhhhhh. Well it also worked in context with how the village civilians were speaking of Sonic in this issue and how they sometimes treat him though.