Awoo.

Mega Man Universe [CANCELLED]

Ekaje

Megaman looks absolutely retarded in this game. When has he EVER looked like that? Besides, I think that "creepy smirking dwarf" Megaman or cartoon Mega Man would've been muuuccchh better. This Mega Man almost looks like one of those ModNation Racers things but with slightly more proper proportions. It's rather ugly.

Rockman is still being all awesome though. He's my definite choice for my playthrough (and Boxart MM as well :V).

I think that it's really odd to make "Mega Man" a joke at U.S. boxart, when BBAMM already serves that purpose. Though overall, unlike almost all of the internet (even Mega Man fansites, RPM is the only place where I've seen general positivity), I'm not disappointed in this game, it's pretty much what I expected, a Classic styled game with other playable characters. My only wishes beyond that are that the characters play different, and that other MM series representatives show up.

Oh, and it seems we'll get our next small bit of info at/around TGS.

Edited by Ekaje

A new interview, revealing why BBAMM was chosen for the game.

Can't wait to play as him. He looks like a blast to use.

Edit: From Capcom Unity:

Character Customization: In Mega Man Universe, you can create your own original Mega Man by assembling parts you like. Also, your abilities will change depending on the parts you choose. There are a wide variety of custom parts that allow you to create your original Mega Man!

Stage Creation: Mega Man Universe not only allows you to customize your original Mega Man, but you can also create your own unique stages! You can play your own custom stages or play stages created by others. Aside from Mega Man themed stages, there are a variety of custom stage parts that will be revealed soon. Stay tuned!

This confirms that Mega Man Universe is a customization game similar to Little Big Planet or Mega Man Powered Up.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Jesus christ, I told you guys. It's not like I called it though, it should have been obvious from the start.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add: this looks amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that it's been confirmed that it's more than a "Mega Man 2 rehash", I wonder if people will stop complaining (right). Anyway, this looks great, and while I expected multiple characters and a stage creator, I didn't expect a charactercreator.

From the looks of it, you'll be able to customize:

(guesses are in parentheses)

Life Energy Amount

Weapon Energy Amount

Shot (number of shots on the screen at one time)

Move (-ment speed)

Jump (height)

You'll choose the characters eight weapons, as well as chip parts (presumably like parts/chips from MM8/Zero/ZX), and items (E-Tanks and the like).

Looks pretty good.

EDIT: More details, and confirmed playable at TGS.

Edited by Ekaje

At first I saw the way Megaman looked and the art style and I was all D:

Then I realized,

this is a classic styled megaman game

that isn't in 8 bit

and then I was all :D

but megaman kinda looks like what the fuck still. I understand that it's Megaman, not the old cutesy version on Japanese art and in the games, but still the basic idea for Megaman, but I'll be damned if he didn't look like some evil dude with model x.

According to Capcom, the reason "Mega Man" looks that way is because that's the style of the lead character designer of the game, and possibly to serve as an adaptable template for other playable characters. Not a joke, nor a redesign. That's just his style.

Now I'm really excited for this game. I love the fact that we'll be able to customize characters as well as make our own levels. The way I see it, it's the awesome level creator from Powered Up upgraded for the current gen consoles. I just want to see a release date as well as more footage of the level creator in action.

Oh god I just realized something.

There is a very high chance this game will not have The Protomen version of Megaman, with the black jacket and darker colors.

This thought is making me very angry.

A new interview, confirming story aspects and elaborating on exactly how the sharing of Mega Men/levels is going to work. It should be interesting to see what kind of story they can come up to explain this.

Destuctoid interview+Hidden camera footage.

Yay! New footage! *Scrolls up* What wha-

Behold Megapin.

Apparently, this thing

"is planned to be included in the game as a future DLC update."

I’m guessing to many of you who aren’t residents of Japan, this news is hardly thrilling to you. However, it does confirm two things. First it confirms that Capcom will indeed be expanding the game’s content with DLC (though I’d be surprised if anyone didn’t expect this). Second, it confirms that the scope of content in MMU is even greater than we could have imagined, not being relegated to just Capcom properties.

Oh, and since you're probably wondering what the hell this thing is, according to Wikipedia. it's:

a popular Japanese television character who appeared in the children's program Hirake! Ponkikki on Fuji TV. He is a green, bucktoothed dinosaur, and is usually accompanied by his friend Mukku, a red Yeti.

Also, this is how it was revealed. Yeah.

Edited by Ekaje

Okay, now this game officially looks epic. Level creation, Make your own Mega Man... it looks like Little Big Planet, Mega Man edition!

I've officially eaten my own words.

Oh, hey Eiichiro Oda liked that show as a kid!

Also. what's up with Roll looking like she's out of Phineas and Ferb or something?

a8b496736b22ee33aefb9467b030728a.jpg

And I thought her ribbon was cutman scissors >_>

So, since info for this game is coming at a snail's pace, let's have a discussion on the Mega Man franchise.

What would you like Capcom to do with the franchise after Universe?

1) Continue making new Classic series 8-bit games.

2) Remake older games in the style of MHX and PU.

3) Continue with a series that has been dropped for a while (X, Legends, ZX).

4) Make another card-battler series.

5)Create another side-scrolling franchise.

Of course, you can come up with other options.

Personally, I'd like them to revive X or ZX, though I guess I'd be fine with Legends, but I've never been able to play those games, so it'd be nice if they released them as a collection or as downloadables.

Edited by Ekaje

I'm not a fan of Mega Man ZX. It's nothing like Mega Man at all. I'm glad that Zero was released for the DS, since I was craving for a fix that wasn't ZX or Star Force.

And I want a new classic Mega Man entry with lavish hand-drawn graphics and a return to Shusaku Uchiyama's jazz fusion musical style from MM8, but this is never going to happen. Ever.

I'm not a fan of Mega Man ZX. It's nothing like Mega Man at all.

Megaman Classic: Fight robots. Get powers of robots. Beat Wily. Win everything forever.

Megaman X: Fight robots. Get powers of robots. Beat Sigma. Win everything forever.

Zero: Fight robots. Get new weapons through out game. Beat Copy X/Weil/Omega. Win everything forever.

ZX: Fight robots. Get powers of robots. Beat Serpent. Win everything forever.

ZXA: Fight robots. Literally transform into every fucking boss with all their moves. Beat Albert. Win everything forever.

Different how again?

And I want a new classic Mega Man entry with lavish hand-drawn graphics and a return to Shusaku Uchiyama's jazz fusion musical style from MM8, but this is never going to happen. Ever.

This but without the jazz fusion and more like modern chiptune Amanaguchi style.

Also make Megaman not look stupid while running. That just puts me off everything past MM7, he's just so tall and he moves slower than his legs are running. It makes it impossible for me to play well.

• Thumbs Up 1

ZX is different because, despite trying to be the successor to the Zero series, it has a Metroidvania layout that isn't executed well and never makes it obvious on where you're supposed to go. Nothing felt like an actual level, the game was one giant overworld that you had to randomly stumble through until you miraculously reached the boss. It also features a duo of brats who we don't care about and are in no way shape or form Mega Man - which, by the way, is a bastardized term in the games meaning somethingoranother I don't even fucking remember. Characters who may or may not be Mega Man characters are regulated to being biometals. Oh and the game bored my ass off, I got more entertainment out of the Battle Network games, which actually had Mega Man elements compared to ZX.

This but without the jazz fusion and more like modern chiptune Amanaguchi style.

Anamanaguchi is a great band with jizz inducing music but I don't think they're exactly the best out there if you want Mega Man music. Not that I think they wouldn't do a great job because hell, they probably would. But if I had to commission one band to score the soundtrack to a Mega Man game it would have been Machinae

Really underrated band who also need to get involved into videogames. They already made a sexy as hell cover of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgz3uC7fSRw.

Edited by Columind

Anamanaguchi is a great band with jizz inducing music but I don't think they're exactly the best out there if you want Mega Man music.

Oh, nonono, I just mean the style. Like, using chiptune sounds, but it's really not stuff that could be played on an NES you know?

ZX is different because, despite trying to be the successor to the Zero series, it has a Metroidvania layout that isn't executed well and never makes it obvious on where you're supposed to go. Nothing felt like an actual level, the game was one giant overworld that you had to randomly stumble through until you miraculously reached the boss. It also features a duo of brats who we don't care about and are in no way shape or form Mega Man - which, by the way, is a bastardized term in the games meaning somethingoranother I don't even fucking remember. Characters who may or may not be Mega Man characters are regulated to being biometals. Oh and the game bored my ass off, I got more entertainment out of the Battle Network games, which actually had Mega Man elements compared to ZX.

I agree with you to an extent, however the horrible map and confusing level design are mostly fixed in ZXA. It also features more throw backs to past megaman games.

Also MMZ1 had similar pseudo-metroidvania issues, if not worse.

Mega Man Zero had the courtesy of warping you to where you needed to go, and exploration of the world outside the base was hardly necessary. People call this game Metroidvania, but it honestly didn't even feel like it.