Awoo.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)

Swiss

I agree with you, but it wouldn't be too difficult to us a new trailers or new pictures just to show us the project is still alive, would it? Seeing how much footage we got of Mario Tennis Open in the last few months while we got like one Paper Mario trailer and a few pics just bothers me. It seems like they don't even care about that game, you know?

We don't know how long Mario Tennis Open has been in development though. A while back I saw an article on Go Nintendo which explained some thing about Luigi's Mansion. Basically it said that Next Level Games where working on another game before Luigi's Mansion which said then said that the demo that was seen in E3 was from only like a few months of development, also that Miyamoto is personally overseeing this game which means he might not want to release it until it is to his liking. The former could be the same for Paper Mario. Anyone know if Intelligent Systems were working on another game before Paper Mario?

Pretty much as Thigolf said; they announced this a good long time ago and are releasing other Mario games that they'd not even announced before it. Selfishly I complain perhaps, because I don't care for NSMB2, but it'd be nice to get an update at least.

Yeah, I think the point here isn't that we want the games out now, regardless, we just want to know that Nintendo hasn't forgotten about them. It seemed like Luigi's Mansion, in particular, got a lot of fuss around launch time (and even before) reminding everyone that the original game had actually been playable in 3D even if not with consumer-available technology, and then it was slated for spring of this year, and then . . . well, it's not here, there's no new target date, no sign saying 'For your improved enjoyment, this game is under further development', no teaser trailer to display how 'we've improved X and Y, don't you want to see what else is better?', nothing. Except short-term announcements of games that may not be bad - may in fact be quite good - but are not nearly as anticipated.

Not even, 'We're still working on Paper Mario, but while you're waiting, how about a short trip with New Super Mario Brothers!'

Honestly I'd wait for E3 before sounding the complaint wagon, mostly because at this point in time it literally makes no sense for Nintendo to let loose of their announcement payload with trailers and such when there's only a month left until their conference.

• 1 month later...

So, apparently, Nintendo didn't forget about this game!

Paper Mario: Sticker Star, eh? It's nice to finally have a proper title! I'm kind of worried by the lack of partners, though. We saw a chain chomp buddy in the first footage, but we've not scene anyone else since. The partners make up the majority of fun I get from this series... what gives?

Edited by BlazingTales
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can't wait for tomorrow. This finally looks like the system seller for me.

• Thumbs Up 4

Mario's Super Sticker Collection

On the day of the annual Sticker Fest, Bowser decides to pull a prank and scatters six Royal Stickers across the land. To retrieve these mysterious, magical stickers, which are now stuck onto Bowser and his underlings, Mario sets off on an adventure with Kersti, a sticker fairy, visiting prairies, deserts, forests, snowy mountains and volcanoes around the world.

Features:

Stickers are blended into every aspect of game play. They become your arsenal of items and attacks in traditional Paper Mario action-battles and can even unfold the environment to reveal new areas and ways to progress through the game.

Collect stickers by peeling them off their environment, buying them in shops, or even making your own, and store them in your notebook for later use.

"Paper"-ize the world by flattening it out and then use your stickers to find secret areas and hidden items just about anywhere in the game.

The papercraft setting of the game is really emphasized in 3D, giving you the feeling of peering into and exploring a world comprised of shoebox dioramas.

A cast of colorful characters will keep players laughing at every turn.

It seems that Kersti is going to be your only partner through the game, and the varied attacks will come from the stickers you collect.

I don't even care anymore about the lack of partners, I still want the hell out of this. It might be the one thing holding this back from being better than TTYD since they were my favorite aspect of that game, though.

Lack of partners is disappointing, but this game still look fun. The stickers look like a cool concept as well.

Just gonna patiently wait until tomorrow like I have been doing ever since 2010.

After Super Paper Mario, I hope this game isn't going to deviate too much from the original formula the first two games had. I'm also really hating how my favorite Mario series ever is possibly enough to buy an entire handheld system. tongue.png Anyway, can't wait to see more of this, love Paper Mario!

No partners? That's the perfect bomb to drop after Nintendo forgot about this game for so long. What a massive let down. Half the fun of Papaer Mario comes from the story and partners. With Mario being mute, a lot fo that is going to be lost. Still looks like great fun to play, but it's gonna lose some charm now.

• Thumbs Up 3

The original Paper Mario had massively minimal partner interaction and still holds up well today, and the Mario & Luigi games prove that even not having a bunch of partners can still provide for fantastic dialogue, story and interaction. That said, I do agree that the lack of partners make the fun and diversity of the adventure lose a bit of it's charm when Paper Mario 2 was that good.

But I'm mostly sad that I will never have my Shy Gal partner.

• Thumbs Up 2

They had interaction enough, and it's still going to be a step back from SPM, which was in turn a massive step back from TTYD. Doesn't Luigi talk in BIS? I forget.

You know guys it doesn't say specifically that there are no partners.

It just says that Mario's setting off with Ki-whatever it's name is. He's probably just the Tippi of the game.

Besides

"A cast of colorful characters will keep players laughing at every turn."

Oh geez, I have a dilemma.

Do I download it from the eShop, or do I buy it in box?

If there are no partners, then the "colorful cast of characters" may pertain to the plethora of NPCs that the Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi series have come to be known for just as well as their humor and RPG mechanics. Which I would have no problem with.

I do like what the small excerpt implies with the plot. \

Mario's Super Sticker Collection

On the day of the annual Sticker Fest, Bowser decides to pull a prank and scatters six Royal Stickers across the land. To retrieve these mysterious, magical stickers, which are now stuck onto Bowser and his underlings, Mario sets off on an adventure with Kersti, a sticker fairy, visiting prairies, deserts, forests, snowy mountains and volcanoes around the world.

All Bowser's done is scatter stickers around the world. Nothing about kidnapping a person. This could be the first time a Mario game doesn't immediately go to a "save the princess" plot since Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Bros. 3.

Edited by Joshua

If there are no partners, then the "colorful cast of characters" may pertain to the plethora of NPCs that the Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi series have come to be known for just as well as their humor and RPG mechanics. Which I would have no problem with.

I do like what the small excerpt implies with the plot. \

All Bowser's done is scatter stickers around the world. Nothing about kidnapping a person. This could be the first time a Mario game doesn't immediately go to a "save the princess" plot since Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Bros. 3.

Why do I get the feeling one of those "stickers" is Princess Peach transformed into a Sticker?

Well, some of the other Mario RPGs don't immediately do that. Though they tend to end like that.

Edited by Joshua

Honestly wouldn't mind if they went down the SPM route with partners being more recognisable characters, while mixing in some new ones too. There was a Chain Chomp partner at one of the previous E3s wasn't there?

Something tells me this game isn't going to ghave the same scale of epiness that TTYD and SPM had in story and setting.

• Thumbs Up 1

They had interaction enough, and it's still going to be a step back from SPM, which was in turn a massive step back from TTYD. Doesn't Luigi talk in BIS? I forget.

What? Neither of the Mario brothers talk in any of the Mario & Luigi games. Luigi talks in the Paper Mario series.

Note I was asking, because I didn't remember. BIS is the only one I've played, and I've only played it once.