Awoo.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)

Swiss

TTYD is my fav even though I loved how they gave Luigi the spotlight in SPM.

If they could make another one like TTYD and give Luigi some spotlight again Id be set.

If they could make another one like TTYD and give Luigi some spotlight again Id be set.

It's clear the Paper Mario team absoloutely love Luigi so even if he doesn't have a major role this time I'm sure they'll do something hilariously notable with him again.

Seeing as the games have followed a pattern of turning recurring Mario characters into final bosses (Bowser in PM, Peach in TTYD, Luigi in SPM) I wonder who they could use this time (Maybe a toad or Yoshi, or even the introduction of some new characters, like Wario, Waluigi, or Bowser Jr. or they could pull the oddest twist ever by making Mario (or some kind of Mario clone) as the final boss)

• Thumbs Up 1

Heh, I never even noticed that trend before. Not sure Bowser really counts though, seeing as he is the main villain of the series and the main villain of the game.

Seeing as the games have followed a pattern of turning recurring Mario characters into final bosses (Bowser in PM, Peach in TTYD, Luigi in SPM) I wonder who they could use this time (Maybe a toad or Yoshi, or even the introduction of some new characters, like Wario, Waluigi, or Bowser Jr. or they could pull the oddest twist ever by making Mario (or some kind of Mario clone) as the final boss)

Bowser Jr. has a greater opportunity to appear in this title than the others you mentioned ( excluding Mario and his main crew.)

Don't know what the standings on Wario and Waluigi in a mainstream Mario game consists of. Wario was supposed to appear in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga as a cameo ( dialogue and sprites were found years later ) and a Wario and Waluigi outfit was found in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door when you bought the W emblem and equipped both W and L emblems at the same time. As for the characters, there might be an embargo on them when it comes to the non-sports titles however - especially Waluigi. Truth be told, there is a great missed opportunity here to build these characters up and I wish that Nintendo would realize that since both have so much potential.

Let's have Kammy pull a Fawful and ascend to Big Bad from her previous right hand woman territory. Explain her disappearance in SPM, then have her unleash a curse that makes everyone now aware, as by what the game is shaping up to be, that they are made of paper and as such are suspect to various paper-like things. Have her announce her goals for world domination, forcing the populace to cope with her nagging forever.

I'd buy that.

• 6 months later...

Sure is awfully quiet with this game.

Was hoping that since 3D Land got released last year, this and Luigi's Mansion 2 would be getting all the hype for this year, but nope, two new Mario titles.

That issue said Spring 2012. They better announce a release date at E3.

Oh and here's....a pic.

558px-PM3DSart2.png

*sigh*

Edited by Nintendoga

I swear that Nintendo is trying to kill this and Luigi 2 off.

• Thumbs Up 1

I swear that Nintendo is trying to kill this and Luigi 2 off.

Hm, I don't know about that, mon. Have they ever actually cancelled a Mario game before?

Edited by Komodin

Hm, I don't know about that, mon. Have they ever actually cancelled a Mario game before?

Would Super Mario's Wacky Worlds count?

Really hope that we will hear some news on this one soon. It's one of the few games I originally bought my 3DS for!

Paper Mario and the thousand year door is my favorite Mario game of all time. So im pretty excited for this one

Yes.

Yeah, Nintendo never delay games without good reason. Much like what I do to sleep at night without Half-Life 3, I just think, every day it's not being released is another day of it being made even better.

I think people are just being impatient.

It was announced long enough ago, with a tentative release date that's come and gone and we've had other, crappier titles announced and released all in the meantime. Impatience is warranted at this point.
  • Thumbs Up 4

It was announced long enough ago, with a tentative release date that's come and gone and we've had other, crappier titles announced and released all in the meantime. Impatience is warranted at this point.

Not saying it isn't, but to start thinking they want to kill it off is going a bit far? It's not the first title to take long to make. An RPG takes longer and is more expensive to make than a copy & paste platformer that will sell more. They probably just want to space these releases out.

I'm sure we'll see more at E3 for both titles. Luigi's Mansion 2 was playable at Gamescom last year, so I'm sure it's getting somewhere. It'll probably be playable again this year. Paper Mario might be, too.

Not saying it isn't, but to start thinking they want to kill it off is going a bit far?

Sarcasm.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm kinda glad they've been spacing out 3DS releases. I've been tight for cash lately so it usually gives me a perfect amount of time between each one to save up more.

Rayman Origins and Layton 4 have slipped by me still unpurchased because other games came out around the same time that were more important to me. =C

Edited by JezMM

The original Paper Mario took a good while itself to come out, alot of games often had to be rebuilt from the ground up again.

It just pisses me off that Nintendo is like "Heeeey, there's a new Mario Bros game coming out in August, even though we just announced it in April! We don't care that there is a game we announced back in 2010 and there's still almost no information about it and fans are waiting for it for a long time!"

Just announce a game if it's coming out soon, and if it isn't, don't tease us by releasing/announcing like 5 other Mario games in the meanwhile. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel fooled.

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 5

When I said "kill off" I didn't mean cancel it. I meant that Nintendo isn't hyping these games nearly as much as they should be doing and every tiny bit of information we get is only ever quietly revealed and with long periods of silence inbetween, and once they're released they probably won't get nearly enough of the recognition or sales that 3D Land, MK7, or hell even New SMB2 would. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

It just pisses me off that Nintendo is like "Heeeey, there's a new Mario Bros game coming out in August, even though we just announced it in April! We don't care that there is a game we announced back in 2010 and there's still almost no information about it and fans are waiting for it for a long time!"

Just announce a game if it's coming out soon, and if it isn't, don't tease us by releasing/announcing like 5 other Mario games in the meanwhile. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel fooled.

I think it's pretty clear that they didn't INTEND to leave it this long. I'd rather they announce and almost release it, realise it's not good enough, and then tuck it back away to continue working on it, than announce and almost release it, realise it's not good enough, and then release it anyways.

Of course it IS possible that they did have no intention to release it this soon and simply threw it around way back so they had a strong line-up of upcoming games to show of the 3DS at launch, but if that was the case I don't see why they would have given us an additional trailer or two over last year.

I agree with you, but it wouldn't be too difficult to us a new trailers or new pictures just to show us the project is still alive, would it? Seeing how much footage we got of Mario Tennis Open in the last few months while we got like one Paper Mario trailer and a few pics just bothers me. It seems like they don't even care about that game, you know?

Edited by Thigolf