Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2010

Patticus

Miyamoto has said he wants to atleast match the battery life of the DSi, he mentioned that at his Roundtable. Just fyi :P

I know. I just meant "we don't have an official number."

Not to mention a few promising third party titles. Now the question is, bite the bullet early or wait for the inevitable 3DS Lite with several fixes and improvements? Let's see the price first.

Might as well wait.

That list of titles, they're not all going to come out on lauch week. It'll be over the space of the year from release. By then you can bet theres going to be a redesign, there always is.

+ 1 rep for saying "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Edited by Gnasher

I SO want a 3DS, especially for the MGS3 remake, the StarFox 64 remake, and the Ocarina of Time remake. But I want the MGS3 remake the most.

I don't see the point in a new model? I mean what could it have to offer that the original doesn't other than slightly altered button layout?

From the sounds of things, the original already includes all the things that would make upgrades necessary.

I don't see the point in a new model? I mean what could it have to offer that the original doesn't other than slightly altered button layout?

From the sounds of things, the original already includes all the things that would make upgrades necessary.

A new model would print new money!

They'll find a way, I'm sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can we let the masses see the 3D effects for themselves before we get carried away with things like that?

Nonetheless those are some dangerous words considering how fast technology grows these days.

I kid, I kid. Sorry for the Kid_syntax error. No end slash. 404!!!

There are 3 versions of the DS currently on sale, so I doubt Nintendo doesn't have plans for another one down the line.

There are 3 versions of the DS currently on sale, so I doubt Nintendo doesn't have plans for another one down the line.

Yes but all those DS models were things that people asked for.

The DSP has tons of errors people wanted sorting out, plus it didn't have multimedia capabilities.

However the 3DS doesn't seem to have any of the major drawbacks the DSP has. How could they justify a new model with a huge change?

I'm not saying it won't happen eventually, but why the hell would you wait for a model that will be barely different to the first? Especially when the line up is already so brilliant. With the DS, people had a reason to wait, the DSP was ugly so it was obvious a new model would fix that.

What is there that a new model could "fix" that would be seriously worth waiting for?

Might as well wait.

That list of titles, they're not all going to come out on lauch week. It'll be over the space of the year from release. By then you can bet theres going to be a redesign, there always is.

Pretty much.

Though I'm mainly waiting because of my limited interest in handhelds these days, but it's not like all these games are coming straight out of the gate anyway. I'll pick up a remodel (perhaps with a lowered price) and a big libray games to choose from by then.

What is there that a new model could "fix" that would be seriously worth waiting for?

The satisfaction of being "different" and not getting it on day one, also having the fancy new version.

It'll probably be smaller too.

Read: nothing.

Edited by Noir

Yes but all those DS models were things that people asked for.

The DSP has tons of errors people wanted sorting out, plus it didn't have multimedia capabilities.

However the 3DS doesn't seem to have any of the major drawbacks the DSP has. How could they justify a new model with a huge change?

I'm not saying it won't happen eventually, but why the hell would you wait for a model that will be barely different to the first? Especially when the line up is already so brilliant. With the DS, people had a reason to wait, the DSP was ugly so it was obvious a new model would fix that.

Game boy micro? lol.

Game boy micro? lol.

Noone really asked for it and it didn't really perform that spectacularly sales wise.

I'm not saying the 3DS won't get additional models, I'm saying their improvements will be incredibly minor and not worth waiting for.

Achievements, expanded online, etc.

And a rumour:

Software installation.

If the 3DS had these things on board, plus the ability to update firmware, the need for a new model considerably. Yes there will be models like the XL which will be advertised for a certain demographic (like a tiny version for people on the go, or a huge version for people with sight problems, but the initial 3DS model won't have anything that needs fixing.

And as such I highly doubt there will be a model worth waiting for, unless you just plain don't want a 3DS because the library isn't robust enough.

But to me the library seems like it's gonna be pretty darn epic all throughout the launch period. Titles will be staggered a little, but it seems like we'll always have something to look forward to, unlike other recent console releases.

All 3DS impressions I have read so far have been positive.

This pleases me.

Most awesome handheld ever? Quite possibly.

Superlink, in this rapid age of tech electronic devices can always been improved. Although at launch it may not appear to have any glaring flaws, I imagine some niggle will become apparent, or if not that there will be something they can improve on in future.

Superlink, in this rapid age of tech electronic devices can always been improved. Although at launch it may not appear to have any glaring flaws, I imagine some niggle will become apparent, or if not that there will be something they can improve on in future.

Yes that's true, but likely not in the same way the original GBA and DSP were improved. I didn't even buy any of the other DS models because I felt they weren't big enough improvements to be worth my money. If the 3DS can do firmware updates, then I highly doubt I'll be needing another model of that either.

Unless, you know, the Slide pad kills people, that would be bad.

Or it's like, awkward to use or something.

They got lucky with the DS, but I think they still could've fixed a few things on the original model (ds light speakers, the dpad and buttons on all models, etc.) Nothing's perfect!

This is relevant to my interests. Where did you see this. I need to know. I nee- I NEED TO KNOW.

Edited by Ricky

This is relevant to my interests. Where did you see this. I need to know. I nee- I NEED TO KNOW.

Infendo is the only site that showed it.

http://www.infendo.com/odesu-ka/

Supposedly it's been locked all day. I can't tell if it's true or not. Who knows, if it exists, it might open today.

Infendo is the only site that showed it.

http://www.infendo.com/odesu-ka/

Supposedly it's been locked all day. I can't tell if it's true or not. Who knows, if it exists, it might open today.

Hmm... It's the same name as this guy. 115px-Dr._Andoclay.png

Could this be the return of URRRRRRRFBOOOUND?!

Earthbound... Mother... Eh, I don't know.

My body isn't ready anymore.

Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ahhh, ohhhhh, it hurts. I'm so sad Ness.

Skittles Skittles Skittles Skittles Skittles Skittles Skittles Skittles Eheheh, stop it, that tickles, Skittles.

Ah. So it was an Earthbound character. You could've said something, Columind :-/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1