Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

You're all wrong!

DSi XL's RRP is £159.99, £10 more than the original DSi's RRP of £149.99 but some retailers are selling the XL for £149.99 despite this price increase. DSi XL, DSi and the DS Lite are supposed to be going down in price very soon though according to reports that were going around about a week ago which is no doubt due to the 3DS coming.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're all wrong!

Damn you! :P

Anyways I'm expecting somewhere between £170 and £200 for the 3DS then. I'd like it to be less, so if I set my estimations high I can be pleasantly surprised.

Now watch them announce it as £300 or something stupid.

• Thumbs Up 1

The DSi price is now £129.99 according to the new TV advert.

Also, Tornado, I can't see anything wrong with the analogue and D-Pad placements at all. If the Slide Pad were further to the left it'd destroy your thumbs after ten minutes, much the PSP's 'slide pad' does, because it's the further to the left. I'm pretty sure Nintendo would have tested the D-Pad placement as well, I don't think they're stupid enough to put it in a position that's difficult to move you thumb to.

I'm really hoping that gradient effect is just lighting because that orange and purple are fucking gorgeous, oh hey remember when I said it'd be awesome if we a got a DSi in orange like the Gamecube? Heh, close enough <3

I personally hope they're less. Nintendo charge far too much for games, and this has to change or people are going to get more and more pissed off.

No way they'll charge less for games either. Nintendo would only be cannibalizing their own sales by pricing 3DS stuff under the DS stuff. Hopefully though, they'll at least be at similar price points, game wise.

Price drop for the DSI XL huh? 3DS might take it's old price point, but it'll probs be higher.

I'm really hoping that gradient effect is just lighting because that orange and purple are fucking gorgeous, oh hey remember when I said it'd be awesome if we a got a DSi in orange like the Gamecube? Heh, close enough <3

I rember that. It was around the same time I said I wanted a purple one ;D. I'm so happy Nintendo did this. This'll probably be the first time since the original GBA that I haven't gotten the black version (I had to get a Korean DS Phat xD)

Oh, and GBA got Rayman 1 and DS got Rayman 2, so maybe 3DS will get Rayman 3? :-/

By the way guys, what do we think about the console's power? I can't seem to find any reliable reports. There are reports saying it's weaker than the PSP (which is bs from the looks of things) and also reports saying it's somewhere in between the Wii and PS360 in terms of power (not impossible at this point, but who knows)

With console standards being so commonly around the 6th gen level nowadays, it's very hard to tell what's better and what's worse. The 3DS easily beats the PSP, but I'm not sure about PS2 or GC yet, let alone Wii.

I'm guessing its around Wii strength. Don'T forget the games we've seen so far are the first gen games of this console. The later ones will look better, and the games at the moment look better than most PSP games...

I'm guessing its around Wii strength. Don'T forget the games we've seen so far are the first gen games of this console. The later ones will look better, and the games at the moment look better than most PSP games...

Yeah that's what I thought.

Yesterday someone on another forum compared MGS3 from PS2 and 3DS and the 3DS version appeared better. However I don' know which two screenshots they used.

However the fact that an early gen 3DS game can stand up to a late gen PS2 game is very impressive.

untitled-10_04.jpg

After seeing the Mario Kart screens I was worried that the graphics wouldn't be as good as I expected, but the Metal Gear Solid 3 shots have put me at ease ;D

One of the things i'm worried about is that the anti-aliasing is going to be bad(jaggies) other than that the 3DS looks great.

Edited by Tailer

untitled-10_04.jpg

After seeing the Mario Kart screens I was worried that the graphics wouldn't be as good as I expected, but the Metal Gear Solid 3 shots have put me at ease ;D

I don't know why, but I'm suddenly just think how crazy it is that about 10 years ago we still had 8-bit graphics on handheld consoles and now this :o I dunno why I never felt like this with the stationary consoles, though...

Since the 3DS seems to be the place for ports, I wonder if I can get the other MGS games I missed. Gimme some Portable Ops and Peace Walker. Let's make the PSP obsolete. How about some Sonic Rivals over here. TOTAL NINTENDO HANDHELD DOMINATION.

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Aliasing.

Also, Tornado, I can't see anything wrong with the analogue and D-Pad placements at all. If the Slide Pad were further to the left it'd destroy your thumbs after ten minutes, much the PSP's 'slide pad' does, because it's the further to the left.

I didn't mean further to the left. I meant further to the right. Regardless, I'm more worried about the D-Pad.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo would have tested the D-Pad placement as well, I don't think they're stupid enough to put it in a position that's difficult to move you thumb to.

I know how my thumbs work, and until I actually hold the thing it looks like the only way I would be able to use the D-Pad is by moving my entire hand.

Edited by Tornado

Purple and orange 3DS's?

It's more likely than you think.

6-15-10-3dscloseup19.jpg

OH GOD WHAT DO. GET IT IN PURPLE, MY FAVORITE COLOR, OR BLUE, WHICH IS EQUALLY SEXY WHEN PAIRED WITH BLACK? If they pull the same shit as the Wii and get rid of all the extra colors I'll be furious. These are so pretty!

And wow, graphics are pretty too :o

I'm still bugged by the D-Pad, like Tornado. I just can't see how that could work properly without moving your hand.

So I just watched the trailer from Kid Icarus (I only saw the pics last night) and I'm even more amazed, the graphics were good and the music was awesome and Pit talk. It was great. I do hope they change the logo, though, it seems kind of dull,,,

Blue - Nope. Come back when you have a darker shade and then we'll talk.

Red - Candy red apple lollipop. AWESOME.

Black - No. Already have a black DS lite with no touchscreen (Don't ask.) And I already have a black DSi with a broken microphone and crapass shoulder buttons. It seems like black is an unlucky color for me when it comes to consoles.

Violet - DAT ASS. Although I know at least one douche is going to look at it and be "itz purple d00d u gay LAWL". I'll just pass it off as indigo. ;D

Orange - Pretty cool too. Surprising considering that...

I THINK SPICE GAMECUBE IS UGLY

I was talking in relation to the DS Light, which was even worse than the DS Phat.

Mmmmm... nope, yeah, my lite is still whole and in better shape than the Phat. Even though the Lite has actually had MORE use.

Also OOOOOH SHIT PURPLE 3DS?! Alright, day one purchase if that color exists when it comes out here.

Mmmmm... nope, yeah, my lite is still whole and in better shape than the Phat. Even though the Lite has actually had MORE use.

Ahaha, uh what? The Phat was sturdy as can be. The Lite fell apart if you so much as breathed on it.

Ahaha, uh what? The Phat was sturdy as can be. The Lite fell apart if you so much as breathed on it.

I've had the Lite since about a month after its release and the only problem I've had is the top right corner of the touch screen not working very good...

Its common knowledge (as in: early PS2 disc-read error level of common knowledge) that the DS Light is held together with shoestrings and gum, particularly in regards to the hinge and the triggers; and that the build quality varies widely for it as well (so some systems have problems out of the box). In fact, the DS Light build quality is commonly given as a reason people upgrade to DSi systems. That people are acting like it is a surprise is the only surprising thing.

Edited by Tornado

Puuurrplle... ;3

I want the purple one! PLZ BE IN AMERICA, NINTY PLZKTHNX.

Though, I think I may end up waiting for Pokemon Grey/Gray/Rainbow/3rd Version..