Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Also, where is the microphone?

It's the tiny hole on the bottom right of the touch screen.

Also:

nintendo-3ds-dogs-01-top.jpg

3D screen in action?

That being said, the analog stick looks like it is in a weird place (there is a corollary to this. If it works like the one on the NGPC, I won't have a problem with it), the analog stick looks weird in general (see above NGPC comment), and there still isn't a screen brightness control button. The 4x3 touch screen makes me cautious as well.

Well it might be weird if you never touched a Gamecube or an Xbox controller. Seriously that's the better position.

First of all:

Seriously that's the better position.

No.

Second of all:

Well it might be weird if you never touched a Gamecube or an Xbox controller.

That wasn't what I meant in the first place. What I was actually saying was, for this presumably DSi-sized handheld, neither the analog stick nor the D-Pad look like they are in ideal positions, being too close to the edge of the system. Though it might simply be the perspective of that photo, even with that in mind the D-Pad especially should have been placed further inward.

Edited by Tornado

I really think that's just nitpicking on your part. Both of them are pretty much dead center on the left hand "dash" of the system as far as I can tell. I doubt moving the d-pad a few centimeters to the right is going to make that much of a difference for your complaint if I'm understanding it correctly.

Looking at a hi-res pic of it (specifically, this one), I've noticed that the hinge on this appears to be made in a way that won't break if you sneeze on it, so they've already responded to that.

what

it's exactly the same as the hinge on my DSi without the camera. Which, oh hey, has stood stronger than my original DS's hinge did, when it broke from me dropping on the floor on accident from a low table.

It's been a fixed issue, really.

Someone reminded me to leave impressions on this little amazing machine! A lot of curious questions going around so let see how I can explain it. I didn't see any games available on the 3DS sampling, it was mainly trailers or videos for several games on the console and given a limited amount of time to watch the ones that interested you These showed off just movies, either a cutscene or a trailer or opening for the game.

The 3D worked fairly well, I toyed around with it and it's not perfect. Mainly if you try to look at it at a really bizarre angle it can look off (I mean bizarre though, trust me I was trying) but for all intents and purposes it worked amazingly. The best way to describe it is the 3D has three "layers". The first one is depth, the game has an added to depth to it so things in the distance look further away, the world as a whole looks 3D, things closer look closer, things further look further. Typical 3D stuff but being in a video game world with the depth can be a bit mind blowing at first. I can see it getting to a norm state with some more hands-on experience, but trust me initial impressions are WOW. Just imagine your favorite video game and then imagine it where depth is added to the world and an "Avatar" style 3D to it all. I could see it working wonderfully to be honest. Past that, I'm not sure if the "Jumping out at you" thing is totally accurate, I mean some things get close but with the screen size and the fact it's based on the screen and not on the span of your glasses, things can only pop out really within the area of the screen, it DOES look like there are things that "pop" out of the screen (I can mainly thank this to the Resident Evil cutscene that was displayed) but it's not like popping out to get you, it's more like it's just subtly coming out of the screen, it looks cool but want to clarify that.

I wish I had more time with it, what I tried though was fantastic and shows a lot of promise. I want one.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's the tiny hole on the bottom right of the touch screen.

Also:

nintendo-3ds-dogs-01-top.jpg

3D screen in action?

I love engadget, they sneaked past the beautiful babes to take screenshots of the 3DS when the blogger was testing it. I call that a smexy win-win situation.

Nintendo making a 3D system without glasses is kinda funny since they made the Virtual Boy which is goggles on a fucking stand.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm really liking how the 3DS looks. I love everything about it. I haven't had a DS in almost two years now and luckily I didn't get DSI or XL because now I would've regreted getting one. 3DS will be a day one purchase.

I'm not liking how this thing is looking like port city. I mean an updated OOT is awesome but far too many of the "new" games announced are ports. :/

The next generation of handhelds? More like the last few generations of consoles. :P

Yeah, but the DS had Mario 64 DS, Rayman DS (basically Rayman 2) and a few other ports, too.

Hell, don't forget, basically every Mario GBA platformer was a port, and Mario Advance was a launch title.

Also does it make me a fanboy to be happy that a Naruto game has been confirmed for it already? D:

Edited by Mahzes
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really think that's just nitpicking on your part. Both of them are pretty much dead center on the left hand "dash" of the system as far as I can tell. I doubt moving the d-pad a few centimeters to the right is going to make that much of a difference for your complaint if I'm understanding it correctly.

It would actually put it closer to where your thumb is when you went to use it (not close enough, but closer). If the way it is now puts the analog nub directly under your thumb in normal use, I can't imagine how you would be able to use the D-Pad at all, because thumbs don't bend that way.

what

it's exactly the same as the hinge on my DSi without the camera. Which, oh hey, has stood stronger than my original DS's hinge did, when it broke from me dropping on the floor on accident from a low table.

It's been a fixed issue, really.

I was talking in relation to the DS Light, which was even worse than the DS Phat.

Edited by Tornado

Purple and orange 3DS's?

It's more likely than you think.

6-15-10-3dscloseup19.jpg

6-15-10-3dscloseup23.jpg

SO SEXY. ;_;

Edited by Sweet Mountain Zone

Instant parent begging.

I just hope they don't reuse the DSi shoulder buttons. Blowing into them every 5 minutes, no thank you.

Also, where's Atomic Purple.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it just the weird lighting, or are those pearlescent? In all honestly, I would be all over the orange one if it was completely orange (I don't like the high-contrast two-tone colors), because that is bitchin'.

Sounds like a bloody amazing system, I'm barely managing to get my head around that launch period lineup.

What I want to know is why people think there are so many ports and remakes? There aren't. The only ones I can think of are:

- Lylat Wars

- Ocarina of Time

- Super Street Fighter IV

- Metal Gear Solid 3

Am I missing a HUGE bunch of remakes? This is about the same amount the GBA had around launch, if not less.

EDIT: Who wants to bet the only one of those colours that will see the light of day is the black one?

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Please please please let this be out for Christmas. We've already got to wait until next year for Zelda, at least let us experience the 3D awesomeness this year! We will love you forever if you do, Nintendo.

As you can probably tell, I am in love with this new handheld. It's everything I wanted and more. All I need now is a European release date, a price and what colours are available in my region and I shall be sorted.

What would everyone be willing to pay for one of these babies? I think I'd say around £200 for myself but I see it being a bit less than that.

I want to at least pre-order it to put my mind a rest a little...what am I talking about? That'll get me even more hyped!

What would everyone be willing to pay for one of these babies? I think I'd say around £200 for myself but I see it being a bit less than that.

I'm willing to pay around £200 aswell.

However I think Nintendo will pull a Nintendo and competitively beat the original prices of the PSP and Wii (£180).

#1 - I can't see Nintendo releasing their handheld at a higher price than their competitor's

#2 - I can't see Nintendo pricing it higher than their home system.

Right now I'm thinking £150-170. I'll get one on launch, for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

^^ This.

As long as there's some decent games out for launch (and we know there are some awesome games on the way for 3DS) then I shall definitely be picking this up day one. Whenever day one is. Hint hint release date please Nintendo.

How much is the DSi XL?

It'll be more then that. For sure.

How much is the DSi XL?

It'll be more then that. For sure.

I think it's somewhere between £130 and £150 but don't hold me to that, I don't care much for the DSi XL.

And on a related note, how much will people be willing to pay for 3DS games? I'm assuming they'll be a bit more than the current £30 DS price tag...

I personally hope they're less. Nintendo charge far too much for games, and this has to change or people are going to get more and more pissed off.