Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

God, those are some smexy colors. It appears the 3DS is also lacking the GBA port in return for the SD card slot, which means I will not trade in my old DS for this for the money difference. But I am glad I bypassed the DSi for this.

God I love that teal-blue and purple.

And Luigi's Mansion? Hell yes.

On the top I think, there's a circular bit. Spring-release, perhaps?

I have to say that I hope not.

I would really expect that they're trying for Christmas in all regions. You never know about Europe getting the short end of the stick, though.

GameTrailers Bonus Round has some 3DS discussion:

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/406?ch=1&sd=1

Michael Pachter seems to think it'll be out in Japan for Christmas and US/EU for March.

He also states that Reggie said a 3DS costs a lot more to make than a DSi and that "they don't intend to lose money on it". Potentially higher than expected 3DS price confirmed?

Michael Pachter seems to think it'll be out in Japan for Christmas and US/EU for March.

He also states that Reggie said a 3DS costs a lot more to make than a DSi and that "they don't intend to lose money on it". Potentially higher than expected 3DS price confirmed?

>pachter

Rofl, take everything he says and assume the opposite, that usually works.

Who's Michaael Pachter (I can't watch the video...)?

An "industry analyst" who's been "analysing" very wrongly for the last 3 years.

He's the guy who was sure every year that Nintendo would reveal an HDReady Wii.

Basically he's useless.

Edited by SuperLink

An "industry analyst" who's been "analysing" very wrongly for the last 3 years.

He's the guy who was sure every year that Nintendo would reveal an HDReady Wii.

Basically he's useless.

I can has Wii HD? :P

Lol, thats good. It'd suck if we'd have to wait till March >,<

By the way, why didn't Nintendo add a second analog do you guys think? Thats a thing almost everyon complains about by the PSP, so why not add a second one? The only reason I can think of is because the Touch Screen can be used as the second anlog stick, but I'd rather have a second one :-/

Edited by MarcelloF

Lol, thats good. It'd suck if we'd have to wait till March >,<

By the way, why didn't Nintendo add a second analog do you guys think? Thats a thing almost everyon complains about by the PSP, so why not add a second one? The only reason I can think of is because the Touch Screen can be used as the second anlog stick, but I'd rather have a second one :-/

Probably because it takes space to build a second analog stick and that it costs a bit more. Times like these when it really sucks to be left handed.

Perhaps there isn't really enough space on the right side for another analogue.

But this creates a huge problem for lefties. I hope Nintendo rectify this is some way, because with touch screen and control stick only on the left of the 3DS, left handers are kinda screwed. :(

With the Nintendo 3DS announced Nintendo's price cuts on DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL have taken effect such as £30 knocked off DSi bringing it down to £119.99

Sainsburys are from now until 4th July selling it much cheaper at just £99.99 -

fwkupv.jpg

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/702605/sainsburys-instore-nintendo-dsi-99-

Perhaps there isn't really enough space on the right side for another analogue.

But this creates a huge problem for lefties. I hope Nintendo rectify this is some way, because with touch screen and control stick only on the left of the 3DS, left handers are kinda screwed. :(

First Link becomes right-handed and now the 3DS doesn't have a second analogue stick.

It's Nintendo's secret master plan to eradicate all lefties from the face of gaming :P

Also, in GameTrailers TV's latest episode, Reggie was teasing us about the date again. All he said is it'll be out before 31st March 2011 - when questioned that it won't be out for the holiday season he simply said "we haven't said that". So it's completely up in the air still.

Edited by Doctor MK

Times like these when it really sucks to be left handed.

I hope Nintendo rectify this is some way, because with touch screen and control stick only on the left of the 3DS, left handers are kinda screwed. :(
Try holding the 3DS upside down.

*shot*

• Thumbs Up 1

Learn to play right handed.

My cousin did. I imagine it's not that hard. I mean having a more powerful left thumb would make movement easier yeah? i imagine SF would be a breeze

I was under the impression that the top screen had be surrounded in black for the 3D effects to work =/

Learn to play right handed.

My cousin did. I imagine it's not that hard. I mean having a more powerful left thumb would make movement easier yeah? i imagine SF would be a breeze

Some people think too deeply on issues like this. I've been a lefty since day one in my life, yet some games are meant to be plaid in a certain way, so I just played them however they were meant to be played. Using one arm for everything is boring v.png

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I thought lefties generally were used to having analog sticks on the left. I mean, it's how most controllers work.

I thought lefties generally were used to having analog sticks on the left. I mean, it's how most controllers work.

Yeah that's normally fine, but it's the stylus. Holding the stylus AND using the analogue is a different story.

Lefties will want to hold it in their left hand, so...

Edited by SuperLink

Yeah that's normally fine, but it's the stylus. Holding the stylus AND using the analogue is a different story.

Lefties will want to hold it in their left hand, so...

Ah, everyone had mentioned the analogue stick so I hadn't thought of the stylus, but yeah, that's a good point. That really is a big problem O.o

Depending on the resistance, even righties might not want to use the analog stick at the same time as the stylus.

Currently there are a few games that get around it by putting the stylus in the 'writing' hand and using EITHER the D-pad or the four buttons. I can't say I find it an ideal solution - since it's hard to use the buttons to get diagonals, and you can't then use them for anything else. But then, I also have problems with games that want to combine holding the Wiimote sideways with using the pointer - with the d-pad under my left thumb to play, the pointer is aimed directly into my palm. By the time I get the pointer reversed so I can point, it's frequently too late. This is why I generally keep the 'wrist' loop hooked on my pinky.

But I find it very strange to use a right-hand joystick, whether on the GC, PSP or PS3. Unless I'm also expected to use the stylus, I'm preprogrammed to control with the left.

I'd love that orange one they showed - that is a seriously nice color. And I hope the hinges are better than the DS Lite. YMMV, but the only Lite I've ever seen that didn't have a partly or wholly broken hinge is the one I bought for my mom, who doesn't use it roughly, or all that much unless there's a new Professor Layton game. My original DS hinge is still going strong, and the DSi hinge is sturdy enough so far. (What? I don't know anyone locally who has a DS and I needed to transfer Pokemon. :P ) I do hope they modify the top a bit; the overbite looks like the lid may tend to catch on things. Other than that, it looks very good to me and I can't wait to truly see the 3D effect, rather than just the ghost effect.

And I like the way people are commenting about the depth. What the makers of 3D movies tend to miss is that pop-out stuff may be attention-getting, but using the depth of field is what makes the scenes look real. Maybe at last I'll be able to really play some of these 3D games without losing scads of Sonics and Marios because I JUST missed the enemy.

GBA 3D? It exists in Iwata's chest of drawers -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252626

NES and SNES titles on 3DS, oh yes -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252601

Kojima still experimenting with 3D for Metal Gear 3DS -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252634

GBA 3D? It exists in Iwata's chest of drawers -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252626

NES and SNES titles on 3DS, oh yes -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252601

Kojima still experimenting with 3D for Metal Gear 3DS -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252634