Awoo.

Slipping away...

eXtaticus

WHAT????? They're not glitchy! If you want to see a glitchy Sonic game, play Sonic Next-Gen. Besides, SA2 is a godly masterpiece.

The first of Sonic Adventures had some pretty bad glitches, seriously. SA2 wasn't as horrible but had some glitches, too. There're plenty of obvious glitches in SA1. You're just one of those over-enthusiastic fans who doens't want to admit such things. SA1 and 2 are still quite good games, even with all the bugs/glitches, but neither of them is a masterpiece.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Phos

• ovarloard

• CrownSlayers Shadow

WHAT????? They're not glitchy! If you want to see a glitchy Sonic game, play Sonic Next-Gen. Besides, SA2 is a godly masterpiece.

Godly masterpiece?! You're joking right? The Sonic and Shadow levels were fun but the rest of the game sucked. I think people are so use to getting such awful Sonic games lately (SU was pretty good though) that they look back on the Adventure games and think they were much better then they really were.

Godly masterpiece?! You're joking right? The Sonic and Shadow levels were fun but the rest of the game sucked. I think people are so use to getting such awful Sonic games lately (SU was pretty good though) that they look back on the Adventure games and think they were much better then they really were.

I can't speak for everyone, but SA2 was my first Sonic game, and I enjoyed it better than anything that came after it, and even before it. My brother agrees with me, and he doesn't even like platformers. I wouldn't call it a 'godly masterpiece', but it's one of my favorite games of all time.

And I can't remember even a single time that I encountered a glitch in SA2. Or SA1, for that matter.

Godly masterpiece is an exaggeration, but it's one of my favorite games.

And I can't remember even a single time that I encountered a glitch in SA2. Or SA1, for that matter.

Well, I forgot to mention I'm using an emulator to play those. I think it could have something to do with the glichyness but not that much, probably. I mean, there isn't tons of glitches, I overstated that issue, but in few places those were kind of unavoidable. If I only could get a real Dreamcast and the original game disc on my hands, then I could compare how do those really play. I still think both Sonic Adventures were quite good, not excellent. SA2 was slightly better than SA1, but I only liked the Sonic and Shadow stages.

It's a matter of taste how everyone of us likes Sonic the best, it depends on how we found Sonic for the first time, that's how we grew up with Sonic. But the fact is, you can always argue about tastes. :) I found Sonic when the Genesis games were made, so I like it best that way. But I also love most of the 3D games as well, especially Unleashed.

Godly masterpiece is an exaggeration, but it's one of my favorite games.

Godly masterpiece is an opinion, so it may seem out of proportion to you. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

For example, I thought Black Knight was a godly masterpiece.

*is bricked*

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

Godly masterpiece is an opinion, so it may seem out of proportion to you. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

*is bricked*

Eh, there are some who do think Black Knight was a great game. FTA from Hellfire comms said it was his favorite 3D Sonic game since Adventure IIRC. Personally, I had a blast in it and it was very memorable, but it wasn't perfect. I feel that virtually every aspect of it was greatly executed except for, ironically, the gameplay itself. It wasn't game breaking, but the controls got very awkward at many parts.

Edited by SuperStingray

I guess it's whatever you can put up with. For me, graphics and music will do nothing to save a bad game, but they will enhance a good one. There are a few exceptions, but those are typically works of art that do wild and crazy thing with you brain without you noticing.

<--like that game.

I guess it's whatever you can put up with. For me, graphics and music will do nothing to save a bad game, but they will enhance a good one. There are a few exceptions, but those are typically works of art that do wild and crazy thing with you brain without you noticing.

<--like that game.

Yeah, I love those synesthetic games. I just got Bit.Trip Beat on WiiWare and holy crap is it awesome.

Edited by SuperStingray

*is bricked*

:( My brain just exploded. I thought SBK was awful. I would hesitate to call some of the greatest games ever made "Godly masterpieces".

I would hesitate to call some of the greatest games ever made "Godly masterpieces".

Off the top of my head:

Logo_Portal=StillAlive.jpg

braid_title.jpg

Edited by SuperStingray

I wouldn't say I'm starting to lose my love for Sonic, but I am starting to lose some interest in the blue hog. It has nothing to do with declining quality of the games (I actually quite liked Unleashed and some of the story book games even if they weren't as good as some of the older games), I've just gotten kind of bored of Sonic. I was playing Sonic 2 the other day, I felt kinda bored. I've been more interested in Sonic than I ever was in my entire life for the past year or so, so maybe I just need a break to play some other stuff for a while.

:( My brain just exploded. I thought SBK was awful. I would hesitate to call some of the greatest games ever made "Godly masterpieces".

You don't have to. I can if I want to.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be into Sonic. I liked Unleashed, but mainly for the Nightime stages. I liked the daytime, but the night ones kicked @ss.

I can see why, you have a lot more control over Sonic during the night.

I really just liked all the fighting things. And how he has all these flexible skills daytime couldn't hope for.

But, then again you don't find much adventure games like you used to.

Edited by Sroxe

Yeah, I enjoyed the day time stages of Unleashed but absolutely hated the Werehog and the whole of Sonic And The Black Knight, Whats next Sonic and the magical Broom? -_-' Sonic Team really needs to listen to fans for once and maybe there will be a decent Sonic game.

Sonic Team really needs to listen to fans for once and maybe there will be a decent Sonic game.
Don't get me started on that again. Sonic Team are listening to the fans and that's where a great deal of their fuckups come from. Who could forget Sonic '06 - the spiritual Sonic Adventure 3?

Don't forget medal collecting. Since it was useless in '06, instead of going away, it was made mandatory in Unleashed.

Or Unleashed's daytime levels have such a boring (although fun at some points) emphasis on speed. I don't care how fast Sonic is, if the only thing I'm doing is pressing the boost button while slightly manuvering him at 300mph in most stages, it's nothing more than a racing imitation.

Don't get me started on that again. Sonic Team are listening to the fans and that's where a great deal of their fuckups come from. Who could forget Sonic '06 - the spiritual Sonic Adventure 3?

Or Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic Rush. "Sonic is about SPEED!"

Or guns. Came from an online poll.

Or guns. Came from an online poll.
Really? I did hear at one point that they already had a spinoff in planning and had a poll for which character it would go to, but I don't think I've ever explicitly heard a fan say the game should have guns.

Not that I have anything against them. They could actually have worked well if some consideration were actually put into its implementation.

I loved Sonic Rush 1+2 and Unleashed really caught me by surprise. If the games keep up this type of quality, I'll keep playing.

Really? I did hear at one point that they already had a spinoff in planning and had a poll for which character it would go to, but I don't think I've ever explicitly heard a fan say the game should have guns.

I thought so too, but I've heard there was also one that went for the guns.

I'm sorry, but my love for Sonic hasn't slipped. In fact, I'll say that it's been growing. I've grown to become a lot more attached to the characters and the series over the past year or so. If I feel disappointed in a game or two, I'll just either find ways to make the game fun (and, no, damaging the game itself does NOT count as "fun" :angry:) or I'll play another game.