Awoo.

Sonic Classic Collection

Indigo Rush

Knuckles and Tails never teamed up for the Marble Garden Boss, did they? I'm pretty sure Knuckles got a different boss (The one that shot his arms in two different directions and would take one of the arms to go across the screen)

Edited by MarcelloF

You need debug for that, don't you?

I remember using debug to get Sonic and Knuckles on each others' routes a bit as a kid, it was pretty fun.

Nah, you can use one of those blue spinning tops to open up the barrier. You're not supposed to do it, but it was a design oversight.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Blue Blood

Wow, I never knew that..I guess I'm a good boy (also known as an idiot) who follows the paths SEGA intended me to take :D.

I wonder if they'll fix it for the collection, but I seriously doubt it.

Hmm, I never noticed the 'legit' route either, I don't think. D=

Incidentally, that video reminds me how much I hate the fact they looped the music so much with the old in-level super forms. >.>

Edited by Mahzes

EDIT: LOL I DON'T READ TOPICS.

But yeah, the 2P boss fight was shown in NP, so I doubt it's fake. And you can stand still in the fight, you have to really work at it though.

Edited by Nathan Speed

Just checked Nintendo Power's small quip on it, and saw a screenshot.

Is it just me, or does the NP screen shot have Knuckles AND Sonic fighting the Mushroom Hill boss? Because they're both there.

We gettin' a 2P mode? If so plz online, MP:H did it well, so did Mario Kart DS, and the DSi makes interwebs even easier, so I see no reason why not.

This one?

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/sonicclassic/?t=EnglishUK&gseoid=sonicclassic

That's one of the 4 screenshots SEGA released when they announced it. It seems to be a fault they made just like with this one -

EDIT:

European release date revealed to be 12th March 2010. Australian release delayed 1 day to the same 12th March 2010 date -

http://sonicstadium.org/news/sega-europe-reveals-sonic-classic-collection-release-date

ITS OUT?! Great marketing SEGA! How many people would've known this without someone preordering it or checking every day :o?!

I'll wait for the game, till y birthday or christmas. I own the games anyway, so I don't need it any time soon..

That is odd XD

Let us know if it comes. I did find a retailers website last night that had a release date penned out for early Feb I think it was but I brushed it off as an error. Be crazy if that site's actually got copies so soon.

Haha, this should be entertaining. If it arrives, let us know how well the games play compared to the original and Sonic Genesis on the GBA.

Well I'll be...

Nice marketing, SEGA. I had no idea it was going to come out today. A heads-up would've been nice. Then again, I'm too lazy to look for release dates.

Yeah, let us know how it plays, folks. Maybe we'll see why those mockups were so suspicious. I'm hoping for some extra modes.

Here in the UK, Gameplay.co.uk have the game listed for £17.99 and its release the 5th of March. I've been checking a DS Rom site to see if it actually gets dumped- I'll be buggered if I'm paying nearly £20 for four ROMs and an emulator. =X That and I already own the originals, MD Sonic Classic Collection, Sonic Jam, Mega Collection, Mega Collection Plus (PS2 and PC), MD Ultimate Collection and XBLA releases of all these games. XD

Edited by bolt7

That and I already own the originals, MD Sonic Classic Collection, Sonic Jam, Mega Collection, Mega Collection Plus (PS2 and PC), MD Ultimate Collection and XBLA releases of all these games. XD

Well, surely at this point you might as well go all the way. 8D

Edited by JezMM

Seriously how do you guys tolerate buying all these fucking collections and re-releases over and over.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Well, surely at this point you might as well go all the way. 8D

Hahahaha, don't you dare tempt me! How much is SEGA paying you?! :lol: Maybe if it had a few more games, new features, unlockables and other stuff, I might. Unfortunately what we've seen so far is a massive lack of effort and I can't help but be weary after the horrible Sonic Genesis GBA port. I did ask SEGA on their Facebook status what this collection has that others don't and their only answer to it was 'You can play them on DS.'

Seriously how do you guys tolerate buying all these fucking collections and re-releases over and over.

I didn't pay full price for most of them-Sonic Mega Collection and Mega Drive Ultimate Collection are the only two there I did. Oh, and the XBLA releases. I think SEGA have gotten enough money from me with re-releases... I just remembered that I bought the iPod version of Sonic 1 too. =/ I doubt even if we stopped buying them SEGA would stop releasing them, though.

Edited by bolt7

Are these collections really aimed at people who already own those games or more at people, especially kids, who only know the recent games and that compilation is an easy way to let them play the classic games? Also, the DS is a popular system amongst kids, so it'll sell well.

That and the fact that there's never really been a (legal) way to play the games on a handheld, aside from the Nomad or those rubbish handheld Mega Drives, and even then, they've never covered all four of the main games. It's usually just Sonic 1 and Sonic & Knuckles.

As long as they're decent conversions, actually being able to play them all on a handheld is reason enough to get it, for me. Especially if it's a budget release.

• Thumbs Up 1

I only bought Mega Collection Plus because I saw it for £3 as I was walking through the supermarket. I want this because I prefer to play on handhelds to consoles. Never bought any of the other ports/collections because there's been no point.

I don't even care whether Sega re-re-re-releases the games over and over. I mean these compilations aren't even aimed at people who own the game seven times over. I can understand purchasing Sonic Jam, and Sonic Mega Collection if you want those other games the Saturn compilation didn't include, and then Sonic Classic Collection if you just want them for portability. But even that's kind of stretching it, but it's not absolutely farfetched. As for myself, the only Sonic compilation I own is the PC Sonic & Knuckles Collection, which I haven't used for years.

I don't think I'm going to be buying this before Mega Man Zero Collection though, which I'm looking forward to far more than this one. My interest is only somewhat vague because playing the Sonic games on a DS is an appealing thought, providing the games are ported well.

Actually, Sonic Jam and Mega Collection are about the only main times I have the games, come to think of it. I was fine with Mega Collection, I only wanted Jam for Sonic World.

I did get the phone and iPod versions of Sonic 1, but again that was for (at the time) portability, with the iPod version justified by the fact that the phone version was a pretty bad port (whereas the iPod one is brilliant, too bad the controls are fiddly).

So yeah, I'm getting Classic Collection for portability, and that should actually be about it, for me. I'm past the point of buying re-releases 'for the sake of it' unless they actually have something to offer.

I'm getting it for all the MD Sonic's on the go. Up until now the only legal way to play the MD games on the go has been the Nomad(which I dont have) and SEGA Mega Drive Collection on the PSP and that only has Sonic 1 and 2.