Awoo.

Sonic Classic Collection

Indigo Rush

I'm sure the collection will come out great, I mean over the last year and a bit SEGA have been getting a tad better with they're game-creating. Sure, a couple of bad games here and there, and the last time a mega-drive sonic game being on a Nintendo handheld (reffering to Sonic Genesis GBA :/). But it IS the DS, I think some of you's out there are forgetting how powerful this machine is, that also goes for the cartridges, they can store so fooking much in them 8O. So.....I'm sure this collection will turn out great!!! :D

Afterall, Sonic Genesis GBA was sololy created by SEGA America, tis why it only came out in the states. This game is comming out in the States and the UK ( I don't know about Japan). So....it would have more work on it :). Also.....it's about time :L :L :L.....now if we can only get a Smash Bros. on the DS :P and a mario collection.

What are you babbling about?

The fact that Sonic 1 GBA was released only in NA has nothing to do with who developed it. And this game isn't being developed across regions.

The GBA can handle Sonic 1 PERFECTLY, as proven by Stealth. Fact is that the port SEGA made themselves was nothing short of lazy.

Why are we deciding to buy games based on box art? You're not going to look at it for longer than ten seconds before you put it on a shelf, away from view, or shove it under your bed, or your attic or in the bin because DS boxes are too bloody bulky. :3

S'all about the games, yo.

I agree with you for the most part, but I'd be lying if I said I don't care about a games box art at all.

For example, I have this

object_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10_11_12_13_14.jpg

but I would rather have this

ST-Euro-Boxart.png

even though the games themselves are (basically) the same thing.

Basically in the grand scheme of things the box art doesn't matter, but if given a choice I'd always pick the one that I feel is nicer.

Edited by speedfreak

A textbook example of American Kirby is Hardcore. Short version: The American divisions of most game companies tend to choose cover art that makes the game look more serious or action based. The developers of Ico think that it's american box art was so terrible that it hurt the game's sales.

Actually, I think it would be better if that trope was named "American Ristar is Hardcore", because they actually swapped graphics in that game.

I'm intrigued. The DS isn't really powerful enough to emulate the Genesis, so it might just be a compilation of the various handheld games.

It is, if you have a flashcart, you can use a genesis emulator and it runs fine.

It is, if you have a flashcart, you can use a genesis emulator and it runs fine.

*Facepalms because you failed to read any other post I made in this topic*

Edited by Tornado

Looks like retailers are more confused about a releaset date than with any other Sonic game before. SEGA have it down for simply March.

Play.com: 12th March

Zavvi: 26th February

Amazon: 26th March

ASDA: 26th February

DVD.co.uk: 26th March

ShopTo: 5th March

HMV: 26th March

WH Smith: 26th February

U.S. retailers are saying March 2nd -

Gamestop also have a new product description -

Classic Sonic comes to the Nintendo DS™ for the first time! Sonic The Hedgehog, one of the world’s most recognized and successful video-game characters returns to the Nintendo DS in this new collection of his original adventures. Sonic Classic Collection™ is the complete compilation of the original SEGA Genesis Sonic titles, consisting of the following genre-defining games:

•Sonic The Hedgehog

•Sonic The Hedgehog 2

•Sonic The Hedghog 3

•Sonic & Knuckles

•It also features two extra lock-on modes from the originals whereby Knuckles becomes a playable character in both Sonic 2 and 3 to complete the full experience.

For the first time the best of classic Sonic comes to the Nintendo DS for a new generation of gamers

Walmart have a different description -

Sonic Classic Collection is the complete compilation of the original SEGA Genesis Sonic titles, consisting of the following genre-defining games:

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Sonic & Knuckles

It also features two extra lock-on modes from the originals whereby Knuckles becomes a playable character in both Sonic 2 and 3 to complete the full experience.

For the first time the best of classic Sonic comes to the Nintendo DS for a new generation of gamers!

Features:

Complete original Sonic adventures – All of the best original Sonic games in one fantastic compilation.

First time on the Nintendo DS – These much-loved classics come complete to the handheld arena for the first time. Now you can experience the games that defined a genre anywhere, anytime.

New save feature – For the first time in Sonic The Hedgehog and Sonic The Hedgehog 2, players can saved their progress at any point while playing so that you miss none of the non-stop action.

EDIT:

Another new description over at GAME Australia -

Sonic Classic Collection allows fans old and new to speed through the much loved zones of the four original Mega Drive adventures, in a bid to collect the Chaos Emeralds and save the world. Sonic Classic Collection will offer a new save feature, a first for Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic The Hedgehog 2, as well as a video recounting the history of Sonic offering gamers an in-depth look at the speedy hedgehog.

http://www.game.com.au/sonic-classic-collection/nintendo-ds/SONICCOLDS

I wonder if the history video is new or one we've seen before.

Also, they have Australia down for a 29th March release.

I actually fairly excited to see this game. because now i can bask in the awesome any where, instead of only with my xbox collection on weekends. easy assess with a DS, plus the original Sonic game 1,2,3 and S&K. just won me over, I have to i'm gonna buy this game for sure! :D

Seriously sega? Instead of making a NEW handheld you put yet ANOTHER freaking port of the freaking sega 16 bit games? REALLY? I have sega nomad. So if for some ODDLY insane reason I want to play sonic 3 or the like on the go, I'll pull that out. Why make another port when every system since ps2 has those SAME games on it. What is the point??????!!!!! Nice, sega's turning sonic into megaman. At least megaman made new games...... whatever. I WON'T be stupid and spending my money on more games I beaten when I was in 4th grade thank you. -.-

I have the nomad as well, and the battery life is crap at best. im rather happy they are doing this (If its good) altho, i do kinda agree as well, i would really like to see a new game.

SEGA Europe have given their product page for the game a different make-over compared to the U.S. one -

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/sonicclassic/?t=EnglishUK&gseoid=sonicclassic

http://www.sega.com/games/sonicclassic/?t=EnglishUSA&gseoid=sonicclassic

The game seem's to be getting a very cheap price point -

Gamestation £19.99

GAME £19.99

ShopTo.net £22.85

Gameplay £17.99

This has probably been mentioned before, but am I the only one who's totally baffled every time I see that shot of Sonic and Knuckles together at the Mushroom Hill boss? Have they explained that one yet at all?

But yeah, I may as well pick this up on release, if just for the hell of it. Here's hoping they're good ports.

This has probably been mentioned before, but am I the only one who's totally baffled every time I see that shot of Sonic and Knuckles together at the Mushroom Hill boss? Have they explained that one yet at all?

But yeah, I may as well pick this up on release, if just for the hell of it. Here's hoping they're good ports.

I belive they mentiond a few pages back that it could have been the multiplayer aspect of the game the screen cap is from.

~EDIT~ Dont listen to anything i posted two lines up. im an idiot... XP

Edited by Firo

I belive they mentiond a few pages back that it could have been the multiplayer aspect of the game the screen cap is from.

No such thing has ever been mentioned before.

Mahzes, firstly there's the issue of Sonic simply standing there, something which can be done during the boss. Secondly, I don't think we're sure if the games are emulated or ported. If they're emulated, then there should be palette issues with the HUD (the reason why Knuckles uses different colours in Sonic and Tails' stories).

4150596443_92fe304795.jpg

Then there's this shot here. The clock shouldn't be running yet.

4151355330_0cbac1242a.jpg

And then, they're totally the wrong size for DS screenshots. But it all begs the question as to why they would go about making such pointless mockups.

If that clock issue in the opening screenshot is in the final version, that's gonna screw up any timeattackers and speedrunners. D=

Well, unless they try and pull an excuse like they did with the 360 version of Emerald Hill and say that a slower time would be valid due to the handicap of said port.

Yeah, the pics do look like mock-ups alright, the whole timer and Sonic with Knuckles is a give away. I have received the mag about a week ago, and realized that stuff.

Also, they called Tails a mutant squirrel <_< . Don't know if that was supposed to be a joke, but if not, they need to do the research, he's a fox you morons!

Edited by AdventChild

Also, they called Tails a mutant squirrel <_< . Don't know if that was supposed to be a joke, but if not, they need to do the research, he's a fox you morons!

It's a joke, one that existed for years. They know he's a fox, but like to say otherwise. At least one person flips out every time they mention him because they don't think that it could be a joke.

No such thing has ever been mentioned before.

Mahzes, firstly there's the issue of Sonic simply standing there, something which can be done during the boss. Secondly, I don't think we're sure if the games are emulated or ported. If they're emulated, then there should be palette issues with the HUD (the reason why Knuckles uses different colours in Sonic and Tails' stories).

4150596443_92fe304795.jpg

Then there's this shot here. The clock shouldn't be running yet.

4151355330_0cbac1242a.jpg

And then, they're totally the wrong size for DS screenshots. But it all begs the question as to why they would go about making such pointless mockups.

While its true that those can be mockup pics, I decided to do some fiddling around anyways.

Its impossible for player 1 to stand still during those moving boss fights, but the CPU(Tails)can.(we all know how glitchy he can be) XD

And of course...the clock shouldn't run yet on Angel Island, as shown in that pic.

I hope being able to team up with any character will still be a feature, though. I've been longing for some Knuckles+Tails tagteam action!(besides just doing the Marble Garden Zone boss)