Awoo.

Sonic Classic Collection

Indigo Rush

I hope that boxart changes a bit. The inside of the ring is just white. It should be the backround. And it looks a bit empty... Also, why not have classic sSonic on it?

Is it just me or in the screenshots section of the products page it shows a 2-player co-op screen of Sonic and Knuckles together fighting Eggrobo in Mushroom Hill.

Edited by Dusk the Christmas Keeper
  • Bad Quality Post 1

[Y]ou can buy Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles on Xbox Live for less than £16 (which includes online play, graphics filters and the Sonic 3 & Knuckles lock-on feature.) This will most likely come out at £20+, it's a rip.

But your Xbox can't fit in your pocket.

Think again, Chooch! Think again.

28646504.JPG

I'm getting this because I've never bothered with piracy on my consoles/handhelds and so have never been able to play these games on the go. Yeah, pre-order for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

That co-op screen has to be mock-up, like they took the Sonic standing sprite and stuck it in there. It's impossible to stand still during that boss, that's why.

• Thumbs Up 1

That co-op screen has to be mock-up, like they took the Sonic standing sprite and stuck it in there. It's impossible to stand still during that boss, that's why.

Yes, but I question why even make a mock up of it for no reason. though if those are real screens, the resolution is actually decent. Though also it could be porting technology, maybe you can stand in that boss fight in the DS version...? Sonic could also work like a Tails deal and hop on screen when killed.

Think they're planning co-op like that...?

Edited by Dusk the Christmas Keeper

Is it just me or in the screenshots section of the products page it shows a 2-player co-op screen of Sonic and Knuckles together fighting Eggrobo in Mushroom Hill.

Whoa, maybe we're in for a surprise with this game after all. The stats are all on one screen, so who knows what the other will be used for. I hope they've added some features. I'd be disappointed if this is just a naked collection of the classics. The box looks very standard though, not to judge a game by its extremely vanilla cover art.

EDIT - Actually, I'm with Sega Monkey. This is likely to be a mock-up, but that feature would be way past cool.

Edited by Stretchy Werewolf

But your Xbox can't fit in your pocket.

Sure, I can! Can't you?

Shadi: Jealousy? Really? Why should "they" be jealous? It hasn't been 100% confirmed that Needlemouse isn't coming to Wii :-/

It's meant to cash in on Nintendo fans and their jealousy of Needlemouse. Pretty obvious. It's coming out in 2010

Why the hell does everything have to be a thing with Nintendo fans as far as you're concerned? It's pretty obvious you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Did it seriously not cross your mind that someone working up at Sega didn't say 'Hey! We released Sonic compilations for just about every other console! Why not try a portable one this time?' It's honestly not even a bad idea.

Stop assuming things that make no sense.

It's a good idea, but it's hardly a new feature is it? All of the Xbox Live versions let you save anywhere, it's just SEGA trying to re-market the same shit over and over again.

I noticed that too. Are they forgetting Mega Collection?

This will most likely come out at £20+, it's a rip.

Those are roms with menus on a system that would set your pants on fire if you attempted to put it in them. Also, digital distribution. This is (or at least appears to be) a competent port to the DS architecture.

All of the classic MegaDrive Sonic games on the DS?

Yes please.

This is going to be awesome, I've always wanted to be able to play the classic games on the go.

I'm pleased to see that they've included a save anywhere feature, hopefully they'll add in the Spin Dash to Sonic 1 too. But I'm not too bothered about that.

I wonder what the collectable pictures will be like... and I wonder if you'll have to find them within the levels, a la the puzzle pieces in Sonic Pocket Adventure on Neo Geo Pocket Color?

Speaking of which, that game REALLY needs a re-release. :P

This collection has Sonic 2, so in essence you are already getting the Sonic Pocket Adventure experience.

I'd rather just have Sonic 1 and 2 have saving like in Sonic 3. Then I could beat the game and collect the emeralds later...

Why the hell does everything have to be a thing with Nintendo fans as far as you're concerned? It's pretty obvious you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Did it seriously not cross your mind that someone working up at Sega didn't say 'Hey! We released Sonic compilations for just about every other console! Why not try a portable one this time?' It's honestly not even a bad idea.

Stop assuming things that make no sense.

It's meant to cash in on the classic sonic hype that Sonic will be getting when needlemouse is revealed/released. That's why its coming out in 2010.

• Bad Quality Post 2

I wonder how we'll be unlocking the lock-on games that the BBFC list. I hope its nothing boring like in Mega Collection/+ where you have to play the other games so many times. Loading and exiting and loading and exiting is so dull and annoying.

Shai, all games are meant to cash in xD. But who really cares? As long as its fun, it doesn't really matter..

Shadzter, I agree. But I sort of have fond memorys of having to unlock stuff like that. But of other ways, too. xD

You know what's new that they could do with the classics? Seven emeralds in the first game. All three characters playable all games, that's Sonic 1 & Knuckles. Or toggling the spin dash and insta-shield on and off for all games, for a few different levels of difficulty. That's just playing with mechanics already present in these games.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're forgetting the most important factor. That would require a little bit of effort. After Sonic Genesis, I don't know how much effort will go into this.

I get automaticaly brought to the german site. And, the boxart is ruined here even more. :-/ Damn, USK! I'd post the pic but I'm on my PS3 and I don't know how to get the link of the picture...

Oh, and has Europe ever gotten a Sonic game before the USA? We got Zelda Minish Cap first, but I don't remember getting any Sonic games first.

Edited by Marcello Claus

I get automaticaly brought to the german site. And, the boxart is ruined here even more. :-/ Damn, USK! I'd post the pic but I'm on my PS3 and I don't know how to get the link of the picture...

The site will load up the last regions page you were on, in your case Germany. You need to change the flag at the top right of the page to the U.S. flag to load the U.S. page.

Oh, and has Europe ever gotten a Sonic game before the USA? We got Zelda Minish Cap first, but I don't remember getting any Sonic games first.

Chronicles and Rush Adventure in recent years. Before then I have no idea.

It's just not much of a collection, is it? I mean, come on, they could've at least threw in Spinball and Mean Bean Machine... It's wasted potential in my opinion, if they've gone through the effort to port four of the old games on DS, why not add a few more? Oh, and my theory on how the second screen will be used is that it'll be an overly-fancy pause menu. Would you expect anything more? Seeing as though I own the originals, Sonic Jam, Sonic Mega Collection and the XBL versions, I wont be bothering with this.

vvv Yeah you make a good point, Tornado. vvv

Edited by bolt7

It's just not much of a collection, is it? I mean, come on, they could've at least threw in Spinball and Mean Bean Machine...

To be fair, there are 17 million different versions of Puyo Puyo playable on the DS.