Awoo.

Sonic Classic Collection

Indigo Rush

o_O Wait, so what would the bottom screen be used for, guys? Potentially for the Special Stages if they remake them? I imagine it may just be stats (Gah, hard to see) but it's pretty interesting to think of the possibilities!

• Thumbs Up 1

If they even use it, I can almost see it being done up somewhat like Rush maybe where if you go down past a certain point in the level it puts you on the bottom screen and vice versa. That'd be neat, but I don't know how well they'd implement it (or if they even would).

^ Eh, I don't know if they could actually do that. They would have to dramatically increase the resolution compared to what the game engine was designed for, and barring a couple of levels (Sonic 2 Chemical Plant, Sonic 3 Hydrocity and Marble) it wouldn't actually be useful for much of anything.

NSMB uses the touchscreen for scores and the like. The same would probably be the case here, or they would make it a general menu for the entire game (exit, save, etc).

I am just glad after all this time of waiting that we now have a handheld version of Sonic 3 and Knuckels. That is the best thing that SEGA could have done in a long time. WOOOOH go SEGA.

Ah, Ok, thought so, but first after I posted. Wasn't sure ,though, and I was too lazy to check XO.

I think the touch- screen might be used for something like the boss battles of Rush. Maybe even during normal stages where a character will give you some tips or say annoying things the whole time . Maybe Omochao XD.

I think this would be a great opportunity to include the often forgotten SEGASonic arcade game on the pack. I think the DS touch screen would make a perfect substitute for the arcade games track ball control.

• Thumbs Up 1

I could see SEGASonic working. I think...

Anyone think/want the spindash will be/to be in Sonic 1? I know Sonic Genesis sucked, but I think it was also in the Sonic Jam version. I haven't played that, but I'm guessing that it didn't have so many slowdowns..

Edited by MarcelloF

I could see SEGASonic working. I think...

Anyone think/want the spindash in Sonic 1? I know Sonic Genesis sucked, but I think it was also in the Sonic Jam version. I haven't played that, but I'm guessing that it didn't have so many slowdowns..

I'd definitely appreciate that. And maybe proper mercy invincibility after hitting spikes...

If they're going to have to port the games, I don't see why a few extras are out of the question.

Seriously sega? Instead of making a NEW handheld you put yet ANOTHER freaking port of the freaking sega 16 bit games? REALLY? I have sega nomad. So if for some ODDLY insane reason I want to play sonic 3 or the like on the go, I'll pull that out. Why make another port when every system since ps2 has those SAME games on it. What is the point??????!!!!! Nice, sega's turning sonic into megaman. At least megaman made new games...... whatever. I WON'T be stupid and spending my money on more games I beaten when I was in 4th grade thank you. -.-

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 4

Lol wut? DS owners have never been able to play the original games on their system (barring Sonic Genesis), so I really don't see where you are going with this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Lol wut? DS owners have never been able to play the original games on their system (barring Sonic Genesis), so I really don't see where you are going with this.

You really did miss my point. It's the same games made YEARS ago, that you can also play on your NOMAD. Or you PS2, OOOOOR your gamecube, OOOOOOR psp. The list goes on. My point wasn't that it's been on the Ds before.. my point is that these games are on EVERY other system since. And therefor why release those SAME games AGAIN. It's a waste of money, and time.. when something NEW could've been made. Thats my point. Sorry if it wasn't clear... I thought it was. and WTF is LOLWUT? fucking net slang. lol

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 5

You really did miss my point. It's the same games made YEARS ago, that you can also play on your NOMAD. Or you PS2, OOOOOR your gamecube, OOOOOOR psp. The list goes on. My point wasn't that it's been on the Ds before.. my point is that these games are on EVERY other system since. And therefor why release those SAME games AGAIN. It's a waste of money, and time.. when something NEW could've been made. Thats my point. Sorry if it wasn't clear... I thought it was. and WTF is LOLWUT? fucking net slang. lol

I never purchased any of those because I own the originals.

About 11 people in the entire world still have Nomads.

Only 3 of those 11 people have working Nomads.

Playing these games on my DS would rock.

The production costs will be low.

You don't have to buy it.

This will sell.

Word.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I never purchased any of those because I own the originals.

About 11 people in the entire world still have Nomads.

Only 3 of those 11 people have working Nomads.

Playing these games on my DS would rock.

You don't have to buy it.

This will sell.

Word.

EDIT: Guess I'm one of the 3, because my nomad WORKS. And has worked for YEARS. =O

You know... I wouldn't be AS mad if this was the ONLY time they re=released those old ass games. But every system since the fucking SATURN has had these games remade. And to be honest, if someone wants to play them THAT bad, there's MORE than enough ways to get them on said systems. So making yet ANOTHER port of those said games to me is a WASTE of fucking time. Instead they could've made a NEW sonic game, or fuck made something else. But all this seems like is suck the classic fanboys dick. Seeing as how those games have been on EVERY system since saturn. That's over 10 years I believe.... TEN! Are this lazy???? It's like the fighting and sony hating for not making the PS3 ( new ones mind you ) BC with ps2 games. I dunno, I just that strong about it. Sorry.

Edited by tinokunx
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 4

You need to look at this from another point of view- the business one. Ports and the like are easy, especially for old titles, and they're also incredibly cheap to make.

Short production + sales = PROFIT

These games haven't all been ported to handhelds, so it's a somewhat different market that SEGA are shooting at. Yeah, I can't disagree that there's a fair amount of laziness and money grabbing going on- this IS SEGA. Oh well though. It's isn't the biggest problem ever. People getting angry over a massive slap to a series and it's fans I can understand, but no need to twist your knickers over this.

And like I say, being a handheld port is at least giving people a reason to buy it. Heck, I excited for it. If only they would use the S&K Collection music instead of the originals though... =(

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This game isn't meant for "classic fanboys" you fool, it's obviously meant for kids that only have a DS who have never played the classic Sonic games. Hellooooooo?

This game isn't meant for "classic fanboys" you fool, it's obviously meant for kids that only have a DS who have never played the classic Sonic games. Hellooooooo?

It's still a waste of time, and I bet at least half these kids have at least ONE of the other systems. Thats all I'm saying.

Edited by tinokunx
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You really did miss my point. It's the same games made YEARS ago, that you can also play on your NOMAD.

There are 115 million DS handhelds. I'd be surprised if there were still more than 115 thousand Nomads. All of which are NTSC consoles produced for the North American market exclusively.

Or you PS2, OOOOOR your gamecube, OOOOOOR psp.

The only one of those that is even remotely valid is the PSP, which isn't even true anyways because:

The list goes on. My point wasn't that it's been on the Ds before.. my point is that these games are on EVERY other system since.

And since 1994, that includes two handhelds. One of which was a bulky impractical thing that 2/3rds of the world never even got, and the other one of which only has Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 on it anyways.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1