Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

I think the code has already been mentioned elsewhere, not sure if it's on your list already though.

Ah you're right, it has been mentioned, oh well, still nice to see they're still continuing to dish these out one way or another.

I found a few more goodies on my latest shopping trip. First, the 10-inch Classic Sonic, my only TRU purchase for the day. The sculpt on this guy is absolute perfection. Seriously, if you like Sonic at all, you need to get this figure. Because his arms and legs are a little fatter, the joints aren't as noticable. I actually like this one better than my expensive F4F statue in some regards. Now if only there was a giant classic Tails to go with him...

DSCF8026-1.jpg

You're probably wondering what Sonic's holding. It's a set of drink coasters! I found them at FYE. Ordinarily, they would retail for about $8 USD, but they were on sale for $5. I actually only bought them because I like the artwork on the box (you normally only see that artwork on Japanese merchandise), but the coasters themselves are surprisingly quite high-quality. They're made of cork with a durable shiny finish to them, and there's 4 per box. All of the coasters are the same.

DSCF8030.jpg

DSCF8029-1.jpgDSCF8032.jpg

The box says that the coasters were made by Stunned Mind, a division of Classic Imports, Inc. The company website URL is listed as well, but there's no mention of Sonic anywhere on any of the company websites. In fact, I can't find any mention of these things anywhere on the internet. Maybe they're rare?

Testing out my new camera:

dude nice video, i love how neatly laid out your collection is, i can tell you take great pride in it!

its also pretty impressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

dude nice video, i love how neatly laid out your collection is, i can tell you take great pride in it!

Thanks! Laying stuff out is my favorite thing about collections. If a security camera existed in our back room, you'd probably see me stopping by the shelf multiple times during the week to move things or just stopping to stare at it. lol It doesn't take up that much room either, wall mounted shelving rules.

Hahaha! That watch in Barry's video. "TIME TO BE COOL". That's so lame... yet so awesome at the same time

haha, yeah, it's pretty lame, but not as lame as some of the old Archie covers:

sonic7.jpg

Ugh! I intend on uploading some narrated videos soon, including my Sonic children's books, game guides and Japanese SEGA history books.

You know, it's pretty assuring to see I'm not the only one who kept one of those Sonic energy drinks lying around. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, it's pretty assuring to see I'm not the only one who kept one of those Sonic energy drinks lying around. tongue.png

I have a small gift bag with 4 in... it's beside my bed... it's been there since my birthday, October 10th... 2010... *hangs head in shame*

Theres one in my fridge. it's been there since October 10th... 2010.

*has a look inside the bag* Oh cool! Theres a Resident Evil energy drink, I forgot I had that =p

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a small gift bag with 4 in... it's beside my bed... it's been there since my birthday, October 10th... 2010... *hangs head in shame*

*has a look inside the bag* Oh cool! Theres a Resident Evil energy drink, I forgot I had that =p

So you have lots of energy drinks and Sonic Marshmallows with yucky centre's to spare? Sonic food stockpile!

Gotta get a pic of all my stuff I got over the last while up this week.

Drink it! Drink it! Drink it!

Make a video review, try drinking the whole can in under 30 seconds. Consider it a speed run.

• Thumbs Up 3

Drink it! Drink it! Drink it!

Make a video review, try drinking the whole can in under 30 seconds. Consider it a speed run.

lol I have actually considered doing that, but kept putting it off for a few reasons, mainly, it would be a tad dull... I drink some red liquid... the end. lol

But secondly, last year I had a similar energy drink and my heart felt really funny afterwards, lol I think they disagree with me.

lol I have actually considered doing that, but kept putting it off for a few reasons, mainly, it would be a tad dull... I drink some red liquid... the end. lol

But secondly, last year I had a similar energy drink and my heart felt really funny afterwards, lol I think they disagree with me.

i remember you saying in one of your vids, you were jacked up on copious amounts of Mountain Dew at a Game convention and fell ill on the night or something.

i remember you saying in one of your vids, you were jacked up on copious amounts of Mountain Dew at a Game convention and fell ill on the night or something.

Yup that was it.

They were handing out free mountain dew all day, literally putting it in your hand, never trying it before I drank the first one down pretty quickly (it was quite hot there), at the time I didn't realise it was an energy drink, but after the first one I felt a little odd, figured I was just tired so sat down a while... lol then later in the evening I'd had another few and felt really strange. Only then did I read the lable and realise how much stuff was in them =p

Well I tried my hardest looking for some more Sonic pocket watches for people, visiting many arcades but they either flat out had nothing Sonic or

they only had these:

004-3.jpg

Big, and I mean pretty big, rubber keychains! Ironically enough Sonic was always the hardest to try obtain so I managed to get all of them BUT Sonic!

They were in the same UFO machines as the Sonic pocket watches but I couldn't for the life of me get them. Annoying little claw game that is SERIOUSLY rigged. You have to move a plier-like machine up to the right spot then across, and you better believe those two directions are at different speeds to throw you off. Then you gotta get the plier thing to stop directly in line with the chain the thing you want is hanging from and EVEN if you do managed to get it perfectly on target it's still gonna take you three goes at the least to get that sucker cuz the chain only pulls through SOME of the way dry.png

Took me like 5000 yen to get five of these keychains and they were at least somewhat obtainable cuz they were hanging a different way which meant sometimes even if you missed you still got the chain to move down ever so slightly, unlike the pocket watches which had to be perfect or no movement at all!

I think if I am to get more of those pocket watches I'm gonna have to go back and raid the far away arcade I got mine from seeing as their game was only a little rigged and not a complete sham!!

Edited by The-Master-Board

Well I tried my hardest looking for some more Sonic pocket watches for people, visiting many arcades but they either flat out had nothing Sonic or

they only had these:

004-3.jpg

Big, and I mean pretty big, rubber keychains! Ironically enough Sonic was always the hardest to try obtain so I managed to get all of them BUT Sonic!

They were in the same UFO machines as the Sonic pocket watches but I couldn't for the life of me get them. Annoying little claw game that is SERIOUSLY rigged. You have to move a plier-like machine up to the right spot then across, and you better believe those two directions are at different speeds to throw you off. Then you gotta get the plier thing to stop directly in line with the chain the thing you want is hanging from and EVEN if you do managed to get it perfectly on target it's still gonna take you three goes at the least to get that sucker cuz the chain only pulls through SOME of the way dry.png

Took me like 5000 yen to get five of these keychains and they were at least somewhat obtainable cuz they were hanging a different way which meant sometimes even if you missed you still got the chain to move down ever so slightly, unlike the pocket watches which had to be perfect or no movement at all!

I think if I am to get more of those pocket watches I'm gonna have to go back and raid the far away arcade I got mine from seeing as their game was only a little rigged and not a complete sham!!

I've heard rumours that, in Japan, if you are having a hard time getting a prize from a UFO catcher, the arcade attendant might take pity on you, open the machine, and give you the item you're after. Of course, I imagine it would depend on the arcade.

I've heard rumours that, in Japan, if you are having a hard time getting a prize from a UFO catcher, the arcade attendant might take pity on you, open the machine, and give you the item you're after. Of course, I imagine it would depend on the arcade.

Well the staff are always nice and polite, but I don't think they'd give it to you! (at least I've never witnessed it yet) The most I've ever seen them do is switch out prizes when I asked to have the Sonic ones in place of the Hello Kitty ones and them ask what types out of the 3 Sonic watches I wanted to try for, that and cheer enthusiastically when you win a prize (enthusiasm may deteriorate a little after you start winning over and over wink.png )

I had heard they'll give you tips on how to win it though, but I've yet to see that too. But honestly I feel the best way is to get a feel for it yourself, you do end up spending a lot but I guess its all part of the fun you pay for too; the experience as well as the prize. And it keeps kids of the street not killing each other with shurikens and katana's I suppose biggrin.png

Edited by The-Master-Board

Well for the holidays I got the earbuds, headphones, the Sonic mini figure 6 pack figures, the eggman and eggrobos figures, and a Sonic backpack. Though most importantly I got something from Sega that really made me happy:

post-2857-0-82490900-1326066031_thumb.jp

the bottom of the statue:

post-2857-0-79027900-1326066058_thumb.jp

biggrin.png

Edited by TheBlueWind

That and your Statue is one of the 100 none EU variants... nice one!

Yeah I didn't know that only 100 were made for the U.S. feels good that it belong to the first 10 (mine being 9 lucky whoever gets the number 1)

Are there any 20th anniversary statues left? I'd like to try and win one. :P