Awoo.

[DELETED]

LATER BUDDY

One of my faves by you I think. I almost half expected it though to turn super metal, like...I thought it sounded appropriate for the opening to a larger more metal piece around the 30 second mark. Don't ask me why, I just thought that haha.

Really good though, almost reminds me of elevator music. Sweet stuff though.

It's a perfect song. <3 The new stuff after the 1 minute mark was wonderful to listen to, and it doesn't sound repetitive at all. In fact, it's very subtle, and very fitting of Pachelbel's Canon. Like I expressed last night on MSN, it's very short, but it's also very sweet and to the point. Comparing this to one of my favorite online albums, I, Cactus, I feel that its length and simplicity are its virtues, and in place of a fancy tune, you end up with a profoundly emotional piece of music that, like you said, you only made for fun and didn't put all of your effort into it. But that is where I believe its charm lies. I also love its "distant" and quiet sound.

This song really tugs at my heartstrings~

xD! I'll be the first to say I lolled when the Newgrounds player for Chipped Canon was the one with the ">:C!!!" face. It reminded me that Canon was the most overdone song ever and that Pachebel rant I showed you. xDD Still, it's really cool, and the synth effects remind me of Genesis Sonic! Good stuff!

Sorry that I'm late... Anyways, this latest tune sounded so sweet in both of its renditions that it almost gave me 10 new cavities. ;)

Your original rendition causes me to imagine a wedding ceremony where a huge silent crowd intently watches a bride and a groom as they walk down the red carpet of some massive banquet hall, hand-in-hand.

Your second "alive" rendition sounds like a great replacement for the Starlight Zone background soundtrack in Sonic 1.

Ah I keep meaning to post here.

I LOVE The Animated Hero album thingy Blur. I mean really :)

I listen to it a fair bit and a few tracks are usually on my 'jogging playlist'.

Keep it up, you're a great musician :)

Congratulations on attracting tons of new fans at the other corners of cyberspace! It's a wonderful feeling which can be both elating and creepy all at the same time. ;)

Likewise, I seem to be attracting a mob of Sailor Moon fans and some Star Wars fans on my YouTube Channel... And I'm just a clumbsy gamer with emulators. LOL

Anyways, keep the new tunes pumping out. I'm eagerly looking forward to your upcoming wolf-themed album. Sometimes when I sleep at night I even try to imagine what the final product will sound like and what the coverart will look like. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Wow man, I really really like that. I don't know if its exactly what you want to hear, but in the instrumental version it sounds so fitting for a videogame track too. I bet with vocals that will disappear, but man you make some kickass stuff that would just make my ears explode from awesome if they were in a videogame.

Really awesome upbeat song, can't wait to hear it with the vocals on it!

You know what it reminds me of too? Building toolboxes with my Dad on a hot Sunday. The calm moments are when we take out the screws and stuff from the other toolbox we are not building and then the more intense moments are when we build the toolbox we don't need to build. I'm sure you've done that and so this is a reflection of your experience with it and its so wonderful.

Edited by DesertPunk

I like how you kept switching from a steady tempo to a quick tempo and then going back again...

One minute I imagine somebody peacefully rowing a little wooden boat in complete solitude, and the next minute I imagine a crowd of people racing against each other on jetskis and motorboats.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the slow and steady intro of that song... It sounded so melancholy yet so pleasant at the same time.

For those first few seconds I actually imagined someone brokenhearted walking down a street on a foggy and rainy day.

The mood changed so suddenly later on when the actual melody and the chorus kicked in and when the tempo got increased. Instead of melancholy it became cheerful... I imagined either a wolf or a doggy running through an open field of grass on a sunny day, while happily wagging its tail. :D

Awesome stuff Blur, I really like your song. I can't wait to hear a studio version of it. It had a very powerful sound to it after a while though which I am eager to hear studio wise. Makes me think of a champion who was maybe beaten down, but gets right up after dusting himself off! Can't wait to hear a clean version :D

• 4 weeks later...

I wish you the best of luck for it. :)

I know exactly what it's like to work, study and try to do other things at the same time. Something usually has to give.

Don't panic. Ideas flow better when it isn't forced or over stress.

I look forward to hearing it whenever it's finished :)

- Simon "foreversonic" Shirley.

Well, I certainly ain't an artist who does coverart for albums, but I certainly do care about this, and it would really hurt me if this thing gets ditched and/or tossed aside forever. :/

This is like one of those only few topics inside the whole SSN Miscelaneous Works folder where I keep feeling the necessity to post some kind of reply...

It's weird, but it's true.

Just keep on going. Even if the album turns out finished in either February or March instead of January, that would still be better for all of us than seeing it get utterly ditched.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really want to hear what it sounds like, but when I click on that link I get the following message: "An error occurred while processing the uploaded file. (10000)

And then below that error message there was also some text about me needing to turn off my antivirus software, which I am not risking to do since I've already had too many problems with trojans in the past.

Could you put this on another host such as RapidShare or MediaFire ? Cause those ones never give me such an error message and never tell me to turn off my antivirus software.

Thanks.

Edited by DarkJedi188

Ah, OK, thanks. I finally heard it now. ;)

The tone and tempo of this piece allows me to imagine several things...

I can imagine Blaze the cat fighting Eggman Nega on any of the numerous boss stages of Sonic Rush.

I can imagine the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers inside their MegaZord fighting some tall random beast.

I can even imagine Wolverine from The X-Men breaking and entering into some top-secret laboratory facility as a form of some kind of revenge against someone.

So yeah, it's shaped up to be quite a universally fitting angry/moody song... Or at least so far it's shaped that way.

Dude this track is amazing. Dante could be ripping up some bigass demons in Devil May Cry while powered up and shiznat to this tune.

Really though, can't wait for it in full!