Awoo.

Sonic 2 Movie Spoiler Thread (Mostly Untagged Spoilers)

The Deleter

Regarding easter eggs, did anyone notice Eggman’s sprites in the credits while punching and kicking? It’s actually Axel animation from Streets of rage 2/3

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

The camera panning around Sonic in the Labyrinth scene before he runs to the ME chamber looked exactly like the beginnings of most Sonic Unleashed stages.

Oh my! I’m not the only one then. I thought I saw this too when I watched the film, but quickly forgot about it. You’re right though, the way the camera pans like that is very similar to how 

Spoiler

the Sonic stage starts in Sonic Unleashed. Great little reference! There’s also the scene where Sonic does a spindash or rolls up into a ball while running through the maze. 

That whole scene was sooo good. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

23 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Oh my! I’m not the only one then. I thought I saw this too when I watched the film, but quickly forgot about it. You’re right though, the way the camera pans like that is very similar to how 

Hide contents

the Sonic stage starts in Sonic Unleashed. Great little reference! There’s also the scene where Sonic does a spindash or rolls up into a ball while running through the maze. 

That whole scene was sooo good. 

All that was missing was the quote, "Here we... GO!"

• Thumbs Up 1

The VA who does Longclaw sounds so much like Sally from SatAM. Whilst both characters are voiced by different VA's, I watched the movie again today and it almost feels like they wanted Longclaw's VA to sound as close to Sally as possible as a subtle reference to her. I mean, yeah probably just a coincidence, but I'm not so sure. Has anyone else noticed this?

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Super Sonic's chilli dog summon. The first glimpse of Chaos Control?

Green Eggman was literally warping earlier in the movie. That was most certainly Chaos Control.

I think the Chili Dog was a thoughts-into-power manifestation, much like the Egg Beater was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chaos Eggman may have been a reference to a similar storyline that played out in the Fleetway Sonic 3 comic adaptation. He used the emeralds to gain his powers, not immediately using them to make the Death Egg fly again.

Eggman never really went super in the games (as far as I know).

• Thumbs Up 1

Since there is possibility that Jim Carrey might not be returning for Sonic 3 and future movies, what do you all think of Shadow becoming the next main recurring villain? I think if they stretch out Adventure 2 adaptation for more than one movie, it could work

48 minutes ago, phobs said:

Since there is possibility that Jim Carrey might not be returning for Sonic 3 and future movies, what do you all think of Shadow becoming the next main recurring villain? I think if they stretch out Adventure 2 adaptation for more than one movie, it could work

I wouldn't mind seeing Shadow as the main antagonist for the third movie and then in the fourth movie or in part 2, if they decided to split the third movie into two parts, have the Biolizard be the final boss.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, phobs said:

If Eggman does not return I see Stone breaking Shadow out.  If anything he may give him his start but Stone does not have a real villain vibe

Just now, Darkvizardberrytan said:

If Eggman does not return I see Stone breaking Shadow out.  If anything he may give him his start but Stone does not have a real villain vibe

Yeah, I honestly don't see Stone being a full blown villain in the third movie.  But I can definitely see him breaking out Shadow by accident.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just got back from the movie with my best friend and we were having the time of our lives! Goddammit, it feels so goddamn good being a Sonic fan today!

Honestly, I really only have the desire to gush and indulge in pure fanboyism right now. The noises I made when they merely SAID things I was familiar with probably would have embarrassed someone else. Literally, freaking out when the Commander straight up said "Guardian Unit of Nations" and Rachel's "Are you serious? G.U.N?" just sling-shotted me back to being a kid again. It's interesting because I knew they were going to be in the film but something about it literally being named dropped in both it's full name and the acronym rather then just there being a huge "G" on their clothing got me. 

So you can imagine our reaction when the Golden Boy showed up. 

It was worth it staying off the internet for as long as I did. I wasn't spoiled on anything other than the two trailers I saw. Those surprises were my bread and butter. 

I figured that in order to incorporate the Chaos Emeralds into the movie they'd need to do something to change around how they worked and what they came up with was the obvious solution. I probably would have handled it the same way. Granted, considering the story they were telling, I'm shocked it wasn't JUST the Master Emerald. They really wanted to keep as many of these concepts as they could and I'm here for it.

GAAAAH! I FUCKING LOVE TAILS! TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAILS! SO FLUFFY!

My boy Tails was always going to be the highlight of the film for me. I knew that going in and I came out convinced of it. Just adorable from six ways to Sunday. From the low self-esteem to the fanboyism to the bonding moment where they danced together... to the heart punching scene where Sonic puts the blanket over him and as he sleeps his tails shoot out from under the covers to drape over Sonic. I could have left the theater happy with just that. 

But the Sonic and Tails duo spin-attack move and Knuckles' drilling move though! Those actions sequences were fantastic. They got in a lot of references and Easter eggs where they could. I can not express enough how much I appreciate it...!

I like all the human characters. Still digging Tom and Maddie as Sonic's parents and I'm glad they're so open to adopting more. I didn't expect to find the Rachel scene as funny as I did but I did. I'll admit, the bride to be on her revenge crusade got me pretty good. Also, glad to know that Rachel's husband getting his own poster was a clue to something more and not just a courteous gesture. 

Then there's Eggman. Thank God Sonic still calls him Eggman. Love it. Jim Carrey is always at his best in whatever he does. I'll admit to thinking some of his lines were a bit much this time around. Agent Stone is always charming and after reading the Prequel comic where he took over the coffee shop in some truly horrible, dastardly ways, it was nice to see him so enamored not only with the doctor but to have it feel like he loves to embrace the evil as well. The first movie didn't have enough evil in Stone but in this one it felt just right. 

Knuckles was a delight as well. A charming strong man who takes everything seriously. He feels naive in the truest sense of the word and not stupid. His brazen misunderstanding of things comes from viewing things in a basic, traditional, warrior-like sense. What's the point of running the bases if he ends up back where he started? Nothing goes over his head, he would catch it. It's just right for him. 

What else? 

Hmm... nope.

I don't think there was anything else.

Oh yeah. The hype rose in my theater when the lady said "50 Years ago" for some reason. I was pretty hyped as well but I can't reca--Nah. Obviously, the Project Shadow thing was great. I loved seeing it. 

Nothing is going to get me more excited then seeing more Tails (aside from the Chaotix obviously) but I can't wait for the third one. If it means going to space then I'm here for it. I don't know if this'll be a traditional Adventure 2 adaptation or what but I'm very interested in seeing what a Movie Rouge would look like. 

I think that's it. If you can't tell I loved it. I want to see it again. Hopefully, I'll actually blink once or twice so that my eyes won't hurt anymore. 

The fact that this film exists is something I still consider a miracle. I couldn't have foreseen a second one of these coming out, let alone, it doing as well as it's doing with the original design and direction they were starting from. 

It's happening a lot more frequently that things happen within this franchise that reinvigorates me and reminds me why I love it so much. Movies, Comics, Cartoons, a badass symphony, a crossover with OK K.O, Ian Flynn writing the next game, Ken Penders whining about them using the concept of a powered up echidna in the film and taking personal offense that they didn't contact his no-name ass; it's all just been really great for a long while now on multiple fronts.

We're in a time where I've never felt so consistently positive about the state of the series for a few years now and seeing SO many Sonic fans celebrate what's happening here and seeing people going to that film with Sonic shirts and plushies and getting hyped by the same things I did just fills me with eternal glee.

I. Fucking. LOVE. Sonic.

I love Sonic and I love being a Sonic fan. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

39 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

We're in a time where I've never felt so consistently positive about the state of the series for a few years now

Not to be captain bring-down.... but its funny when you think about what has been missing from the last 4 years that has allowed for this series to have this little renascence.

haha. yikes.

Anyway back to the movie. I think the scene I appreciated most was the Water run. The first movie caught a lot of flak for ripping off Flash and Quicksilvers high speed look and feel. The Slow motion run in particular. While I don't have a problem with them going to that well, it should only be done in unison with original ideas to help display how fast Sonic really is. The first movie branched out a bit with a ping-pong gag and some baseball stuff, but that is something we have seen before too.

That water run sequence was the first time I've personally seen something like that in an animation or movie. Cartoons make running across the ocean look so easy, like if your fast enough to run on water, then its a simple straight shot. But the writers understood that its not so simple. The waves would make it so much more difficult to run, let alone keep your bearings. If Sonic didn't have a giant pillar of light in the sky, he would have been hopelessly lost after cresting the first wave.

It makes him feel inexperienced (as he should be) and a little less OP. I dig it.

36 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

That water run sequence was the first time I've personally seen something like that in an animation or movie. Cartoons make running across the ocean look so easy, like if your fast enough to run on water, then its a simple straight shot. But the writers understood that its not so simple. The waves would make it so much more difficult to run, let alone keep your bearings. If Sonic didn't have a giant pillar of light in the sky, he would have been hopelessly lost after cresting the first wave.

It makes him feel inexperienced (as he should be) and a little less OP. I dig it.

Being frank, that was one of the best action sequences in the movie as just an awesome display of Sonic's power and the struggles he has pushing it. It was just such a banger, and I'm surprised it's not something I've ever seen done before. Honestly would make an incredible set piece for a level to run in a storm.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Also, while some are maybe a bit bummed there was no Death Egg in the Sonic 2 movie, keeping it out allows the ARK to feel more like a unique setpiece, and it was always a far better-realized use of the space archetype.  But a question some people will have is, why skip Sonic Adventure 1? 

Looked at in terms of building a Sonic cinematic universe and catching it up to the games, it's likely because most of the stuff central to SA1 wasn't really touched much afterward.  The Chaos Emeralds, Master Emerald, and Super Sonic had already been established and most of SA1's plot was still about those, and though the Echidna tribe and Chaos certainly helped to establish more backstory for the series, they weren't used much afterward, partially because this series didn't know when to stop establishing more backstory. 

I'd say the games after SA2 was the point where Sonic team really stopped caring where plot lines lied. It's just that SA1's connections to SA2 are deeper cut, but they're definitely there in abundance when you start paying attention to what they lay out.

Like, I feel without Sonic Adventure 1 being adapted, if the Sonic movies ever go into the Biolizard territory (which they should), then people are REALLY going to get confused on Shadow's origins more so than they are now already (unless the Sonic movie writers make some shit up entirely =P.... which is possible, but after seeing Sonic 2, I think they would give an honest effort into keeping close to the games where it really matters).

It may not seem so on a surface level for SA2, but Shadow, the Biolizard and Chaos are all linked together. The Biolizard is a big part of what "Project Shadow" even was, a term the movie straight up mentioned, confirming the next main adventure they're going to be adapting, and you can't have an SA2 adaptation without the Biolizard unless you want to unnecessarily rub fans off the wrong way. Same way you can't have the Biolizard without Chaos unless you want to bypass all explanation as to why SA2 even happened in the first place. Even if some feel the games don't give a good enough explanation as to how they connect, this could be the movie writers and Sega's moment into giving that guidance now, I'd say.

Idk. It's tough and weird man, because I get it. Like you said, for a "sequelized movie experience", I could see them worrying about a sudden back to back "Monster of the week" flick being played out for the movies the same way they probably left out the "Dooms Day" Death Egg space fight sequence in this movie for the potential Super Sonic / Shadow vs Biolizard space fight. They want to savor these somewhat similar "best of" moments and present them as a one time fling for casual movie goers, and I'd be totally down for that idea. I'm just hoping they stick the landing. I know they've made some changes to a potential SA1 and Chaos adaptation already for the simple fact that the Master Emerald was shattered by the end of this movie, yet no Chaos / Tikal in sight, but I'll just say I'll be interested in what they cook up. At most, I could kinda see them giving flash backs as to what Professor Gerald was doing for the project research / true events revolving the echidna and owl clan that lead to their extinction that could involve a Chaos cameo since they seem to be sticking all sorts of Sonic events from any given period of time.

Just watch the movie. I like the part where Knuckles called Tom's new truck which is a Chevy Colorado a victory chariot and hop into back of the truck.:

2018-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-V6-front-three-quarter-in-motion-02.jpg

He replaced his Tacoma from the first movie.:i001258849.jpge.:

8 hours ago, StriCNYN3 said:

I'd say the games after SA2 was the point where Sonic team really stopped caring where plot lines lied. It's just that SA1's connections to SA2 are deeper cut, but they're definitely there in abundance when you start paying attention to what they lay out.

Like, I feel without Sonic Adventure 1 being adapted, if the Sonic movies ever go into the Biolizard territory (which they should), then people are REALLY going to get confused on Shadow's origins more so than they are now already (unless the Sonic movie writers make some shit up entirely =P.... which is possible, but after seeing Sonic 2, I think they would give an honest effort into keeping close to the games where it really matters).

It may not seem so on a surface level for SA2, but Shadow, the Biolizard and Chaos are all linked together. The Biolizard is a big part of what "Project Shadow" even was, a term the movie straight up mentioned, confirming the next main adventure they're going to be adapting, and you can't have an SA2 adaptation without the Biolizard unless you want to unnecessarily rub fans off the wrong way. Same way you can't have the Biolizard without Chaos unless you want to bypass all explanation as to why SA2 even happened in the first place. Even if some feel the games don't give a good enough explanation as to how they connect, this could be the movie writers and Sega's moment into giving that guidance now, I'd say.

Idk. It's tough and weird man, because I get it. Like you said, for a "sequelized movie experience", I could see them worrying about a sudden back to back "Monster of the week" flick being played out for the movies the same way they probably left out the "Dooms Day" Death Egg space fight sequence in this movie for the potential Super Sonic / Shadow vs Biolizard space fight. They want to savor these somewhat similar "best of" moments and present them as a one time fling for casual movie goers, and I'd be totally down for that idea. I'm just hoping they stick the landing. I know they've made some changes to a potential SA1 and Chaos adaptation already for the simple fact that the Master Emerald was shattered by the end of this movie, yet no Chaos / Tikal in sight, but I'll just say I'll be interested in what they cook up. At most, I could kinda see them giving flash backs as to what Professor Gerald was doing for the project research / true events revolving the echidna and owl clan that lead to their extinction that could involve a Chaos cameo since they seem to be sticking all sorts of Sonic events from any given period of time.

I do think that you can adapt SA2 backwards with SA1 if you treat it as if the situation with the Biolizard and Shadow are foreshadowing the existance of Chaos. And maybe they intend to readapt Chaos' role to expand it.

9 hours ago, StriCNYN3 said:

You can literally have a SA2 story without biolizard. He was not revealed until the last "figurative" 10 mins of the game. Outside a newspaper Rouge showed Shadow asking who he really was. Even in the Shadow game they did not mention him much that I recall if at all. If they wanted they could just show it being a failed test subject that led up to Shadow but no real reason to have him in a film. Not saying they wont add him, just that his role is not fully needed.

• Bad Quality Post 1

On 4/3/2022 at 12:47 PM, dbzfan7 said:

I thought it was a pretty enjoyable film though kinda dragged in obvious places like the dance and wedding areas. I don't need either to be scrapped per say but either retooled or just switched with something better. Like the dance felt like extremely forced conflict that Sonic especially is taking way too seriously for what is not a threat...like at all. It's like Sonic forgot OH FUCK I"M SONIC and the millions of ways he could have trivialized the entire thing. The wedding has been talked on long enough but I did dig the bride going apeshit. That was pretty entertaining.

Anyways Knuckles was the best by far. Absolutely loved him in this movie and he was my favourite to watch. This is probably PEAK Knuckles for me honestly. I'm now really looking forward to his spin off now. Sonic was still fun and while I don't really care for the pop culture references his other one liners I did enjoy. I'd rather more of that and less of the former. Though it's a new take of Sonic so I'm willing to let that gripe go. This Sonic grew up differently and it's just apart of that version. Eggman is Jim Carrey...I mean really I'm sorry while I enjoy him I only just see Jim Carrey being crazy. Every time they say Robotnik or Eggman I go "Oh yeah he is that." Then immediately just go back to crazy Jim Carrey on my mental process.

Then we have Tails who......Is it weird to say I'm sad they didn't be a little more experimental with him? We got new takes of Sonic, Knuckles, and Eggman...but Tails is...basically just 1 to 1 if not showing more of the early inexperience he'd have. I mean he had enough screen time I'd say, maybe I'd want more but it's still a satisfactory amount. It's just...I kinda was hoping to see how they would tackle and maybe refresh the character in this new universe....and he's basically just the manual to Sonic 2 but slightly changed. It's a passable Tails which is more than I can say for games lately, but the lack of marketing really did kinda prophesize he seems to be the one who had the least amount of thought put into. I also feel like the bond with Sonic only really had that one dance section and after...and that's about it. Even his typical game motivation/goal is kinda weaker. We have the interesting thing where at first he wants NOTHING to do with the mission and I feel like a sort of journey to become a great sidekick to Sonic could have happened.....but it just does nothing with it. I can say for Tails fans as well as myself it's a passable portrayal without the modernisms that we hate, but it doesn't really do anything special with the character. He has moments and scenes where he does stuff so if you only want that it's there. But as a character...not really much is done. There isn't really a character arc at all. Only Knuckles and Sonic get one.

Oh yeah and Shadow. Well if they can succeed him like Knuckles then he's in good hands I'll say that. I enjoy the movie universe, moreso than the main one at it's current stance. It's not PEAK SONIC for me, but it's about the most satisfying for me Sonic's been in a while.

I wanted to add something they partially delved into with Tails, which could help reinvigorate the character in some eyes. The gadgets which had some humorous moments and practicality. One of the games/comics issues at least with the character is his trait is not at all used in an interesting way. It's always the most boring and uninteresting whether it's visually, practically, or comically uninteresting. They're always used for either explaining shit or mundane shit. The movie partially fixed that with some cool ACTUALLY fun to see gadgets. The Laser which is alright, the energy trap which was neat, the launch pad which was sick etc. I feel like if we had him use his gadgets more as a swiss army knife or jack in the box we could really have fun with the techy trait. Just pulling out a bunch of weird and cool shit to use but never really expecting what we might see. Just don't use it as a deus ex machina solution to something and we're good. It could even be that if it's a previous gadget we are made aware of beforehand. It would also add versatility to action an be aesthetically pleasing.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, StriCNYN3 said:

Same way you can't have the Biolizard without Chaos unless you want to bypass all explanation as to why SA2 even happened in the first place.

You can easily have the Biolizard without Chaos, there's no real connection between them, and the few references to SA in SA2 could easily be cut entirley without affecting the story.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been thinking of the idea ever since Tyson confirmed it’s pachamac in the first movie but the t tropes page is saying he is knuckles’s dad

any source confirming this?

So, for those of you who have seen Sonic the Hedgehog 2, what were the most emotional moments for you? My most emotional moments were:

1. When Sonic told Tom at the beginning of the movie that Tom is not his dad and you can see the hurt look on Tom's face. That scene was quite tearjerking to me, although thankfully, Sonic does acknowledge Tom as his father at the end of the film!

2. When Tails tells Sonic about how he was teased in his village for having two tails and how meeting Sonic helped him realized how special he is. I also loved the moment afterwards when Sonic tucks Tails in and Tails uses his twin tails to cover Sonic.

3. When Knuckles tells Sonic about how he's the last of his kind and how he never saw his father again. That moment really hit me.

4. And lastly on a happier note, just seeing Sonic, Tails and Knuckles playing baseball together and even seeing Knuckles lifting up Tails on his shoulders was sweet! Also, Sonic calling Tom dad! Awwwww!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

I do think that you can adapt SA2 backwards with SA1 if you treat it as if the situation with the Biolizard and Shadow are foreshadowing the existance of Chaos. And maybe they intend to readapt Chaos' role to expand it.

Yea. Right as I was hopping into bed, i was thinking of a little reverse retelling scenario the movie writers could end up doing. 

3 hours ago, Darkvizardberrytan said:

You can literally have a SA2 story without biolizard. He was not revealed until the last "figurative" 10 mins of the game. Outside a newspaper Rouge showed Shadow asking who he really was. Even in the Shadow game they did not mention him much that I recall if at all. If they wanted they could just show it being a failed test subject that led up to Shadow but no real reason to have him in a film. Not saying they wont add him, just that his role is not fully needed.

Idk man, without the Biolizard, you lose a lot of the "why" for everything that has happened in SA2. That moment you mentioned with Rouge confronting Shadow with the reports was supposed to be the drizzle leading to the storm. It was to show that both Shadow and the Biolizard both shared project names (heavily pointing at a cover up from the Ark researchers after the atrocities of what the Biolizard did when it was first being worked on). G.U.N. didn't take down the ARK simply because of Shadow existing because he didn't do shit yet =P (I honestly don't even think he even had any of his chaos control and speed like abilities until after Maria died and was reworked by a then insane Professer Gerald, but that's just my theory =P). The reason why "Project Shadow" was even a thing to begin with was because Professor Gerald was searching for immortality for Maria who was already dying from some sickness, and the only other character from a game prior that had this possible cure was Chaos, who just so happened to be a lizard god thing.

Also regarding Shadow the Hedgehog (the game), yea as far I recall there wasn't any mention of the Biolizard directly strangely enough, but even in that game, they did allude to it with the Artificial Chaos experiments reference in those Ark flash back levels and how they started attacking everyone on the Ark just like what the Biolizard ended up doing.

Edit @Diogenes There's plenty connections to them that's it's kinda hard to miss on a 2nd look, though. The fact they're both immortal, giant lizard like gods and protect the emeralds and it's shrine at all costs. The setting even leading up the final fight in the last story levels, all those level consists of huge amounts of water unlike the rest of the game. Remember the water slide Sonic takes right before confronting the Biolizard in his last level? Even the music in that level suddenly shifts to that distraught tribal music that's associated with Chaos from SA1. The fact the ARK levels in SA2 suddenly ended up changing the enemy type from G.U.N. and Eggman Robots to Artifical Chaos and G.U.N. should also tell you that clearly Chaos is being referenced here and is the driving force to everything that is being done in SA2.

11 minutes ago, StriCNYN3 said:

There's plenty connections to them that's it's kinda hard to miss on a 2nd look, though. The fact they're both immortal, giant lizard like gods and protect the emeralds and it's shrine at all costs. The setting even leading up the final fight in the last story levels, all those level consists of huge amounts of water unlike the rest of the game. The fact the ARK levels in SA2 suddenly ended up changing the enemy type from G.U.N. and Eggman Robots to Artifical Chaos and G.U.N. should also tell you that clearly Chaos is being referenced here and is the driving force to everything that is being done in SA2.

I think that's a pretty big stretch. Chaos isn't reptilian outside of its "Perfect" form and doesn't look much of anything like the Biolizard even then, and it never really gave a shit about protecting the emeralds. The Artificial Chaos and the last parts of Cannon's Core are obviously referencing Chaos and the emerald shrine but there's nothing really to it but referencing. There's some visual/conceptual recycling but I'm not sure it adds up to even symbolic meaning, much less that it's implying some connection between Chaos and the Biolizard.

And even if they did intend some connection in the games it's so vague and deeply buried that a movie can absolutely go without it. If they even include the Biolizard, "Gerald made a freaky mutant salamander because salamanders regenerate good" or something would be enough, considering everything else they'd have to work in.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I think that's a pretty big stretch. Chaos isn't reptilian outside of its "Perfect" form and doesn't look much of anything like the Biolizard even then, and it never really gave a shit about protecting the emeralds. The Artificial Chaos and the last parts of Cannon's Core are obviously referencing Chaos and the emerald shrine but there's nothing really to it but referencing. There's some visual/conceptual recycling but I'm not sure it adds up to even symbolic meaning, much less that it's implying some connection between Chaos and the Biolizard.

And even if they did intend some connection in the games it's so vague and deeply buried that a movie can absolutely go without it. If they even include the Biolizard, "Gerald made a freaky mutant salamander because salamanders regenerate good" or something would be enough, considering everything else they'd have to work in.

But that's missing the point though. What does it matter if the Biolizard doesn't look 100% like Chaos? The Biolizard was a failed experiment anyway, and the goal was to search for immortality, not entirely shape its appearance 1-1. The main idea of what the Biolizard consists of should be more than enough that it was supposed to be a "Chaos 2" or "Shadow" aka following Chao's footsteps as I like to call it =P. The professor just went off what he saw as the murals depicted Chaos as shown in SA1 when it's at full power, which is a water god lizard serpant thing. Clearly the professor knows about the emeralds and its shrine, or else it wouldn't be in the Ark and be a main driving force of the plot.... so how and why would he somehow not know about other echidna history, especially as something as big as Chaos literally wiping their whole civilization?

I don't understand how you see it as vauge after what I've said though? If it was just an artifical chaos in like say... a secret bonus stage like Green Hill zone was, then I could see your point, but after what the game has presented? Idk man, haha. It seems pretty obvious. And why would they not? It's literally the sequel to SA1.

55 minutes ago, StriCNYN3 said:

Yea. Right as I was hopping into bed, i was thinking of a little reverse retelling scenario the movie writers could end up doing. 

Idk man, without the Biolizard, you lose a lot of the "why" for everything that has happened in SA2. That moment you mentioned with Rouge confronting Shadow with the reports was supposed to be the drizzle leading to the storm. It was to show that both Shadow and the Biolizard both shared project names (heavily pointing at a cover up from the Ark researchers after the atrocities of what the Biolizard did when it was first being worked on). G.U.N. didn't take down the ARK simply because of Shadow existing because he didn't do shit yet =P (I honestly don't even think he even had any of his chaos control and speed like abilities until after Maria died and was reworked by a then insane Professer Gerald, but that's just my theory =P). The reason why "Project Shadow" was even a thing to begin with was because Professor Gerald was searching for immortality for Maria who was already dying from some sickness, and the only other character from a game prior that had this possible cure was Chaos, who just so happened to be a lizard god thing.

Also regarding Shadow the Hedgehog (the game), yea as far I recall there wasn't any mention of the Biolizard directly strangely enough, but even in that game, they did allude to it with the Artificial Chaos experiments reference in those Ark flash back levels and how they started attacking everyone on the Ark just like what the Biolizard ended up doing.

Edit @Diogenes There's plenty connections to them that's it's kinda hard to miss on a 2nd look, though. The fact they're both immortal, giant lizard like gods and protect the emeralds and it's shrine at all costs. The setting even leading up the final fight in the last story levels, all those level consists of huge amounts of water unlike the rest of the game. Remember the water slide Sonic takes right before confronting the Biolizard in his last level? Even the music in that level suddenly shifts to that distraught tribal music that's associated with Chaos from SA1. The fact the ARK levels in SA2 suddenly ended up changing the enemy type from G.U.N. and Eggman Robots to Artifical Chaos and G.U.N. should also tell you that clearly Chaos is being referenced here and is the driving force to everything that is being done in SA2.

No I am pretty sure Shadow had those powers before he went crazy. Its a pretty over arching plot cause Black Doom was in the picture before all that. Its the reason the laser on the Station existed to destroy the comet on its return. Sadly Gun took matters into their own hands thinking he was working against the earth with Doom. After Maria was killed he goes crazy and decides without her why protect the world now. Forget it just destroy it with the weapon i wanted to protect with it. But we shall see where they go with the story. All theories are good for now.