Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

So, somebody took screenshots of the post and posted those on Twitter. I read the leak, checked the reddit link and the user was indeed suspended and the post was taken done for the copyright law violation. So the information shared is 100% legitimate.

I'm not going to share the screenshots in order to not to get myself or anyone else into trouble. I am also not going to share any specific plot information. In spoiler, I'm going to state an observation about something that is already known from other leak, but for people who want to go into the movie completely blindly, I would recommend to not read the following spoiler:

Spoiler

The legitimate leak is EXTREMELY CLOSE to this leak (it was discussed 5-6 pages earlier in this thread) and in combination with each other, both leaks seem to give an accurate impression of the movie. The legitimate leak doesn't have one important plot point, but there are specific details of the plot that accurately mentioned in both leaks that would be impossible to guess.  Even people responding to the leak (that was taken down) in comments were thinking that it was based on the leak that is still up. Now I am certain that the leak that is still up is legitimate. My guess is that the old leak's movie version was partially scrapped + OP was vague on purpose. Interesting development to say at least

36 minutes ago, phobs said:

So, somebody took screenshots of the post and posted those on Twitter. I read the leak, checked the reddit link and the user was indeed suspended and the post was taken done for the copyright law violation. So the information shared is 100% legitimate.

I'm not going to share the screenshots in order to not to get myself or anyone else into trouble. I am also not going to share any specific plot information. In spoiler, I'm going to state an observation about something that is already known from other leak, but for people who want to go into the movie completely blindly, I would recommend to not read the following spoiler:

Hide contents

The legitimate leak is EXTREMELY CLOSE to this leak (it was discussed 5-6 pages earlier in this thread) and in combination with each other, both leaks seem to give an accurate impression of the movie. The legitimate leak doesn't have one important plot point, but there are specific details of the plot that accurately mentioned in both leaks that would be impossible to guess.  Even people responding to the leak (that was taken down) in comments were thinking that it was based on the leak that is still up. Now I am certain that the leak that is still up is legitimate. My guess is that the old leak's movie version was partially scrapped + OP was vague on purpose. Interesting development to say at least

Spoiler

When we talk about scrapped. Was the stuff missing that was important gold or dark? That's all I'd like to know.

Spoiler
14 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

When we talk about scrapped. Was the stuff missing that was important gold or dark? That's all I'd like to know.

The plot point missing from the legitimate leak but present in the old one is

Spoiler

Super Sonic

Honestly, I'm really happy that it is gone because this information is not well-established in the movie universe yet + with a lot of new characters and plot lines, it would have been too much. I hope that they will save it for the next movie

49 minutes ago, phobs said:

Hide contents

I'm a little suspicious. No other leaks have been taken down for copyright violation. Not the Knuckles picture, not the Sonic redesign, nor anything else that came while the first movie was in production. Hell, that first reddit leak is still up. Could that copyright takedown have been staged, or do we know that it's from Paramount? It's very possible that the second reddit leak was simply copying details from the first. It's what every Sonic Rangers leak did.

I feel like Paramount would know that they'd only validate the leak by taking it down.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn it feels like the entire movie basically leaked haha

So essentially that first plot outline leak was vindicated with a second leak that got swiftly hit by Paramount? Guess we'll find out soon whenever a teaser drops, assuming the teaser features some of the plot points from the leak.

Edit: Just saw that Casey Tweet. Hmm, maybe not.

1 minute ago, Graystripe2000 said:

This is from Patrick Casey. 

So, I guess those leaks are false.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, I guess those leaks are false.

He could be lying to keep people from being spoiled, but I don't think that's the case.

11 minutes ago, Postmodern Sonic said:

Damn it feels like the entire movie basically leaked haha

So essentially that first plot outline leak was vindicated with a second leak that got swiftly hit by Paramount? Guess we'll find out soon whenever a teaser drops, assuming the teaser features some of the plot points from the leak.

Edit: Just saw that Casey Tweet. Hmm, maybe not.

Or it's possible that Paramount took those leaks down to prevent the audience from getting the wrong idea about the movie, in case those leaks are fake.  But this begs the question: because of these leaks, do you think that Paramount will delay the trailers?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Or it's possible that Paramount took those leaks down to prevent the audience from getting the wrong idea about the movie, in case those leaks are fake.  But this begs the question: because of these leaks, do you think that Paramount will delay the trailers?

I don't think I've ever heard of a trailer getting delayed due to leaks. Maybe with some Marvel movies perhaps, but I think it's safe to say whatever happens we'll probably get the Sonic trailer whenever it's been scheduled to debut.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am just curious why the posts were taken down if they were indeed fake. 

If some makes a fake leak, then yeah it is annoying and immature, but it isn't like it breaks the law or copyright or anything. It's like the same level as fanfiction. 

It might be possible, but I don't understand how someone can legally take down a random internet post unless there was something deeper.

Edit: Of course I take Pat Casey at his word of course. It's just something I never heard of. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I highly doubt that Reddit admins just looked at a post and decided "Hey, let's frame random person, who based on their grammar most likely a kid, for copyright violation!!!". Typically these posts are removed upon the request from lawyers (ex: recent Powerpuff Girls's TV script leak). Also typically such removal of posts legitimizes the information, so for many companies it is not worth to take down the information. I also find the fact that Patrick Casey responded after this particular leak got taken down very strange because this leak didn't get much traction. Why didn't he respond when the first big "leak" was being spread? It doesn't make sense to me.

Usually, the truth lies somewhere in the middle, however, I think we will get clearer image whether those leaks were legitimate when the trailer releases.

• Thumbs Up 5

13 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Then what about every other leak that's still up?

7 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

If some makes a fake leak, then yeah it is annoying and immature, but it isn't like it breaks the law or copyright or anything. It's like the same level as fanfiction. 

It might be possible, but I don't understand how someone can legally take down a random internet post unless there was something deeper.

Edit: Of course I take Pat Casey at his word of course. It's just something I never heard of. 

Who knows, maybe the original poster or someone else filed a copyright claim and it somehow got through?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Yeah, I tend to believe the people who are working on the movie instead of a random person on the internet that' just spreading these leaks. I swear, movies getting leaked are getting so bad lately, especially with what happened with Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Just now, phobs said:

I highly doubt that Reddit admins just looked at a post and decided "Hey, let's frame random person, who based on their grammar most likely a kid, for copyright violation!!!". Typically these posts are removed upon the request from lawyers (ex: recent Powerpuff Girls's TV script leak). Also typically such removal of posts legitimizes the information, so for many companies it is not worth to take down the information. I also find the fact that Patrick Casey responded after this particular leak got taken down very strange because this leak didn't get much traction. Why didn't he respond when the first big "leak" was being spread? It doesn't make sense to me.

Usually, the truth lies somewhere in the middle, however, I think we will get clearer image whether those leaks were legitimate when the trailer releases.

If the poster was friends with a mod, they might be able to get it taken down to make it seem more legitimate.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, with these "so-called" leaks, is anyone still going to watch the movie after these leaks?

Of course. Obviously, real leaks are bad for the people who worked on the project and for the general audience. But this "leak" didn't even get much attention either way thankfully and most of the ones paying attention are likely the fans who are going to see it opening weekend. 

On a personal level, I am the type of person who thinks that no matter what you heard or read you need to see it for yourself to actually get hyped. It's like all the Marvel people who read the comics and have a good idea what is going to happen or hear something on the internet but want to see it themselves. Plus I want to support the studio and creators. Hence I want to see it in theaters and add to its box office earnings. 

So don't worry. It's a bit too early for that either way if it makes you feel better.

• Thumbs Up 7

6 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, with these "so-called" leaks, is anyone still going to watch the movie after these leaks?

Frankly, yeah. Unless leaks bring up a lot of controversy, they usually don't hurt a movie.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Perhaps this is unpopular opinion, but most of the audience will be kids who are not die hard fans, so, no, leaks won't impact anything. Even among fans, only fraction actively seeks leaks and information on the movie. I think most people don't care about leaks and they will just watch the movie when it releases 🤷‍♀️

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Of course. 99% of people watch the movie won't have even heard of the leaks.

17 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, according to this, the trailer will be dropped on Thanksgiving.:

It would make sense to come on Thanksgiving since Sonic is supposed to be in the Macy Day Parade.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It would make sense to come on Thanksgiving since Sonic is supposed to be in the Macy Day Parade.

Football games on Thanksgiving make for an appealing captive audience.

• Thumbs Up 2