Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers (2022) | MT | General Discussion (DO NOT discuss leaks here please)

Dreadknux

3 hours ago, Hidden04 said:

Anyway, we will probably know next week if Sonic Frontiers will be shown at SGF. 

hasn't it been confirmed? i thought a clip of the last trailer was shown in one of the SGF trailers

hopefully we get something substantial, i'm really itching to see the gameplay

• Thumbs Up 2

The problem with Sonic's speed leveling up is if you can't reverse it, Sonic's speed already screws over Level design in 3D games as it is. 

They should instead focus on Armoury, Armoury that slows you down but adds durability, Armoury that's immune to Lava, Armoury that makes your spikes more lethal etc. 

It would be like the shields in 2D games but in a More Metroidvanian sense. 

Mario switched genres when he went 3D, Sonic becoming more Metroidvanian/RPG might have been the solution all along if done right

• Thumbs Up 1

Collect-a-thon isn't genre...

To Nintendo Mario is still a platforming, action, adventure game.

Collectathon is a subgenre of platformers.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

19 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Collect-a-thon isn't genre...

To Nintendo Mario is still a platforming, action, adventure game.

Collect-a-thon's are different from Side Scrolling 2D Platformers that focus on High Scores with a time limit. 

They are as different as Bayonetta and  Golden Axe

• Thumbs Up 1

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day.

• Inkling Cooper

Inkling Cooper

Can you say if this was referring to the 30 Days of Sonic event or something else?

• Dreadknux

Dreadknux

Not 30 Days of Sonic related.

This seems like something?? :) :)   I guess it could actually be that there is something really special about Origins that we will find out today, but otherwise (and maybe much more likely??) it is something with Frontiers!!  

• Thumbs Up 1

@expansivelovestories He already explained the meaning of that post in another status update.

Basically, there was going to be a Sonic Central on May 26 but it got delayed to today, or more likely (since it's still not announced and IGN apparently broke some deal by publishing a small footage of Frontiers in a trailer) canceled completely. Though, we'll likely still get our Frontiers news very soon regardless (not necessarily today).

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2892-picklebrows/?status=1007774&type=status

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh!! :) :)   ok, this is quite good!!  Thank you!!

• Iko

Iko

This is interesting... I hope the Central will be shadowdropped tomorrow, though since it's probably canceled, when is the earliest day we can expect to receive the informations which were supposed to be in the Central? In a matter of a few days? Still on the 9th of June as it was expected before?

Dreadknux

Dreadknux

In relation to Frontiers… earlier than 9 June. Much earlier.

So, Geoff pretty much heavily implied previously that Frontiers is part of Summer Game Fest. PlayStation's State of Play just got confirmed to be part of it. Could we be getting news on June 2nd? It would make sense since this particular State of Play is devoted to third party games

can't wait to finally see this damn game. Could be possible we get something today or tomorrow and see more in the State of Play on Thursday

• Thumbs Up 1

all i need it's cool controls and story , and a decent world of course

even if they screw it up atleast the music will be good 

and that means i will have a reason to use headphones outside from discord

55 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

Oh!! :) :)   ok, this is quite good!!  Thank you!!

• Iko

Iko

This is interesting... I hope the Central will be shadowdropped tomorrow, though since it's probably canceled, when is the earliest day we can expect to receive the informations which were supposed to be in the Central? In a matter of a few days? Still on the 9th of June as it was expected before?

Dreadknux

Dreadknux

In relation to Frontiers… earlier than 9 June. Much earlier.

All I have to say about this is... why is the formatting of this coming out all wrong?? This looks so ugly. What happened here?

• Chuckle 2

1 minute ago, Dreadknux said:

All I have to say about this is... why is the formatting of this coming out all wrong?? This looks so ugly. What happened here?

i think they made an error while writing

My guess is a teaser tomorrow or Thursday with full coverage next week. I don't think they're going to do a full reveal without drumming up hype beforehand. 

1 minute ago, Willsy said:

My guess is a teaser tomorrow or Thursday with full coverage next week. I don't think they're going to do a full reveal without drumming up hype beforehand. 

honestly they might just put a reveal on the sony state of play or somewhere else , knowing them they might try to create hype istantly by showing gameplay or something like that , i don't think it's a good idea but it might happen

Just now, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I sincerely doubt anything of substance will happen this week.

this will most likely happen but please don't ruin my dreams

9 minutes ago, Hidden04 said:

The last Sonic Central was announced at 9 AM, so...

It's 11 AM in my timezone, so this is odd to me.

Why was this a separate post??

Well, that came right the heck out of nowhere! Finally, a look at the combat. And.. kinda underwhelmed at the moment