Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers (2022) | MT | General Discussion (DO NOT discuss leaks here please)

Dreadknux

5 hours ago, Sonikko said:

It's on sale worldwide, which is where my concern stems from. I just want this low budget era to end for good, but if what I think has happened has indeed happened (sales plummeted after a week, hence the 50% off cut), we aren't out of the woods yet.

It's much more likely this is being done for Black Friday week. Seen plenty of retailers still selling Frontiers full price at that.

• Thumbs Up 4

10 hours ago, Sonikko said:

Do we have any info on sales yet?

The game is already 30$ on Amazon US and it's out of the top50, while simultaneous releases like GOW are still full price and in the top10.

Bit worried for what this means for the budget of the next game lol.

For what it's worth, it seems to be selling decently on Amazon Italy but that's not saying much as we're a pretty small market.

The thing is, the Xbox and Switch versions are sold out. They're only being sold by third parties. So at this point, the Switch and Xbox versions are out of the running, while I don't think the PS5/4 version was ever in the top 10.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, VO.SUPER said:

The thing is, the Xbox and Switch versions are sold out. They're only being sold by third parties. So at this point, the Switch and Xbox versions are out of the running, while I don't think the PS5/4 version was ever in the top 10.

They're back in store now and it moved up a lot in the charts, it's at #2 for NSW, #5 PS5, #12 XBSX, #51 PS4

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

They're back in store now and it moved up a lot in the charts, it's at #2 for NSW, #5 PS5, #12 XBSX, #51 PS4

If the Japanese market for Sonic is the best it's been since Adventure, one can only wonder how much better it's doing overseas where Sonic was still popular.

• Thumbs Up 5

That sale put in some pretty crazy work. I don't think even Forces got this treatment when its price got slashed early in.

image.thumb.png.72b2596a8a08003bf061c4f9b9bd22c2.png

24 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

That sale put in some pretty crazy work. I don't think even Forces got this treatment when its price got slashed early in.

image.thumb.png.72b2596a8a08003bf061c4f9b9bd22c2.png

Is that screenshot from AmazonUK or US?

Cause if frontiers is putting up Pokemon numbers in the US - even if only for a week - it would have already blown past all expectations.

EDIT : Just took a peek at AmazonUS.

Best selling games right now

1. Pokemon V

2. Frontiers Switch

3. Pokemon S

4. Frontiers PS5

Frontiers 2 here we come.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

26 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Is Sonic Frontiers currently outselling God of War on Amazon US?

On the Best Sellers list, Frontiers PS5 is at #5 while the Switch version (which only has second-hand sellers right now, Amazon's own stock is dry) is at #8. God of War Ragnarok PS5 is at #23 while the PS4 version doesn't seem to be in the Top 100 best sellers at all. It's worth noting that PlayStation games/exclusives are generally not super strong performers on Amazon regardless of overall sales totals, so Sonic beating GoW on Amazon is not necessarily conducive to anything.

Currently:
#1 in PS5 Games, #1 in Xbox Series X/S games (worth noting that Xbox cross-gen games are a single SKU, so it's not on Xbox One best sellers), #3 in Switch games (behind both Pokemon versions), and #4 in PS4 games. Game's selling like absolute mad.

EDIT: Also worth pointing out that Frontiers was doing very well on Amazon even prior to price cuts, here's a screenshot from the 15th of November that had it at the top of PS5 best sellers list. The Switch version also hasn't left the Top 5 of the Switch section since its release.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 3

It's great that Frontiers is actually selling pretty well!  Has this been the highest selling Sonic game on Amazon yet?

I’m gonna get hate for this, but I really don’t get the hype behind the OST, to the point people are yelling about it “getting robbed” by the video game awards by not being a nominee for best OST. 

Was edgy rock missed that much? Personally that style of sonic music just never was my thing outside like some crush 40 songs. And most of the lyric themes outside those in Frontiers imo don’t hold a candle to Endless Possibilities or even Sonic R songs. Idk, much like a lot of Frontiers I find myself disagreeing with the majority here I guess lol

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Was edgy rock missed that much?

Yes. Oh God yes.

It's not as edgy as shadows vocal tracks, unfortunately for some, but there's always next game. Come on Sega, I'm sure powerman 5000 would love another call...

• Thumbs Up 7

The edgy vocal tracks are far and away the most talked about songs in the game (for good reason), but my personal favorite songs are Kronos Island 4th Movement and 7th Movement lol, I really love the strings focused songs in this game.

• Thumbs Up 5

Finally made it to Ouranos Island. Despite reusing the Kronos Island assets, this is definitely my favorite island in the game. It feels like the most coherently designed area of the game. There's a lot more places where the topography feels intentionally designed instead of just randomly drawn with some assets to interact with plopped in afterwards. I really enjoy where there are some large wall-running areas that are part of the level geometry instead of just floating wall-running platforms.

I'm hoping (and suspecting) that this was designed much later when the team had a better idea of the kind of game they were creating. I hope they've found their groove and we will see more of this when Frontiers successor picks up.

• Thumbs Up 3

The OST is gorgeous. I can’t wait for it to be released so I can get some of the music on my playlists.  This week I’ve been listening to Chaos Island 4th movement on an hour-long YouTube video while I work and it’s just so lovely.

Glad to see the game is selling well. Hopefully this is a relief for Sonic Team and Izuka that their hard work is paying off.

• Thumbs Up 2

Music is subjective and all, but Frontiers has my favorite soundtrack since probably Adventure 1 (my favorite soundtrack of all time lol). Way too many bangers here. All of the Titan themes, Kronos Island 4th Mvt, Kronos Island 7th Mvt, the Fishing lo-fi, most Cyberspace themes (1-1, 1-2, 1-6, 4-2, 2-5, 2-6, 3-1, 3-5 to name a few) are all pretty amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

The music really is great in this one.  For years I've never hugely seen the worth of 1 hour extensions on Youtube, but it turns out that I just hadn't heard Ouranos Island's theme yet.  That one I could, and did, listen to for a whole hour it turns out.  Just absolutely adore that restrained usage of synths during the two beautiful "chorus" like sections during the loop to make the final island just feel a little bit more special.  It's such a shame that vibe is lost when Ouranos switches over the main theme halfway through.

5 hours ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Finally made it to Ouranos Island. Despite reusing the Kronos Island assets, this is definitely my favorite island in the game. It feels like the most coherently designed area of the game. There's a lot more places where the topography feels intentionally designed instead of just randomly drawn with some assets to interact with plopped in afterwards. I really enjoy where there are some large wall-running areas that are part of the level geometry instead of just floating wall-running platforms.

I'm hoping (and suspecting) that this was designed much later when the team had a better idea of the kind of game they were creating. I hope they've found their groove and we will see more of this when Frontiers successor picks up.

Ouranos has way more involving mini-platforming challenges for memory tokens I found too.  100%ing the game, the first three islands became a real slog by the end, but Ouranos is chock-full of novel little uses of the various gimmicks that make up the obstacle courses in the sky that required me to think for a second rather than just playing almost every single one on automatic.

The points of interest on the map within the world are much less spread out too.  I think Ouranos Island is the ideal size for open zones in the future, Ares and Chaos were way too big and became fatiguing.  It helps as well that Ouranos, despite being one of the smaller two islands, has the most Cyber Space portals and the most Guardians dotted around, meaning breaks from exploration are significantly much more frequent.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It's great that Frontiers is actually selling pretty well!  Has this been the highest selling Sonic game on Amazon yet?

Forces may be higher overtime just because it has time on its side and started out cheap. But this is certainly the biggest Switch debut yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Forces will always have this incredibly impressive but horribly misleading knotch on it's belt lol 

953EEC46-FD5B-4181-AC5F-16AB4E0FF1DE.jpe

On a pedestal w/ 2 CoD, Shadow of Colossus and Destiny2.

Good company. 

Frotiers is already poised to outperform Forces by virtue of it's strong start, but overall downloads is something Sega likes to keep track of too and Forces did do a good job of that....

• Thumbs Up 1

VERY random but, anyone else just get really annoyed with that weird "HYAA" when you start rail-grinding? Its been around since Colors I believe; and I've never been sure if its supposed to actually be Sonic's voice, or just an odd sound effect. All the rails in the game made it stand out that much more to me. 😣

41 minutes ago, ShinyGems said:

Infomercial time, everyone!

Huh. That was a nice use of TSR music...or Unleashed music.

• Thumbs Up 1