Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

I saw the concept art and I really like them!  I think it's interesting that Sonic has different types of shoes and shoes in this series and I do wonder if these shoes and gloves are meant to represent the gadgets he will be using to travel to different dimensions.  I also like the looks of Tails and Amy as they look really different and I was impressed with Tails having like 9 tails and multiples tufts of hair on his head.  These arts has gotten me even more excited for the series!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/27/2021 at 9:56 AM, SBR2 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonicpoX/status/1408798444114874372

So going off this tweet it seems like full production on Prime won't start until September so we're probably not going to see much from it until possibly next summer. I'd doubt it'd even start until next fall. 

...this is gonna follow-up from the next game, isn't it? Crap... just hope the two aren't as tightly linked as I think they might be.

2 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

...this is gonna follow-up from the next game, isn't it? Crap... just hope the two aren't as tightly linked as I think they might be.

When EVER Sonic games followed tightly from into cartoon?

Even Sonic Boomed messed that possibility, and that would been much easier.

• Thumbs Up 2

Really just Sonic X affected things majorly, and that's because it was made in Japan with more Sonic Team oversight. Will Prime have that? Yes, but I doubt to that extent. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

I don't think I ever saw a Sonic cartoon ever have full control over how the games go.  The closest one was Sonic X and that had more to do with them using the voice actors from the show to the games.  Usually, the Sonic games are largely disconnected from any cartoon series that comes out.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I don't think I ever saw a Sonic cartoon ever have full control over how the games go.  The closest one was Sonic X and that had more to do with them using the voice actors from the show to the games.  Usually, the Sonic games are largely disconnected from any cartoon series that comes out.

At most there's the possibility of getting a tie-in game that's disconnected from the main game series - like Mean Bean Machine for AoStH, the Sonic X Leapstar game, or the Boom games.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Dr. Mechano said:

At most there's the possibility of getting a tie-in game that's disconnected from the main game series - like Mean Bean Machine for AoStH, the Sonic X Leapstar game, or the Boom games.

Yeah, I can definitely see a non canon game popping up for Sonic Prime.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah yeah I dont see Prime having much to do with Rangers besides maybe a few shared concepts and possibly VA's. It will probably only release with Rangers for marketing purposes.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 4 weeks later...

"Sonic Prime takes place on the same settings seen in the games and will feature Modern Sonic [...]."

...so it's really gonna be Modern Sonic with a bunch of alts, huh.

Great. Just greeeeeeeeeeeeat. Hope it's written and animated well... cause I sure ain't watching this based off of the premise alone.

Spoiler

Bet they make Prime Tails controller of the Egg-men as the obligatory "twist." BET.

Oh, nice.

So if those Ivos at different ages are Eggman pulled from different times rather than alternate dimensions, then we can take this is canon Eggman backstory for the games. Even if it's just a small part of the overall show, seeing Eggman's childhood and young adulthood is potentially really exciting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pick up the phone because I called it! I'm not too surprised since Forces and Rangers both involve what seem to heavy assaults on reality. I've seen enough Sci-Fi and read enough comics to know that shit like that usually spells trouble for the Multiverse.

Also y'know the description of the show saying Sonic is on a quest for redemption which definitely implies it's following up on plot threads laid out in the next game. I'm also now expecting Man Of Action to be involved in plotting Rangers.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Also y'know the description of the show saying Sonic is on a quest for redemption which definitely implies it's following up on plot threads laid out in the next game.

Why can't he be seeking redemption for something he does within the show?

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic spent all of Lost World seeking redemption and feeling bad for himself for something he did in the first 10 mins of the game. 

No reason to not to assume something similar here. Eggman builds something unstable in episode 1, Sonic blows it up leading to a multiversal fracture, cue this is all my fault faux redemption guilt trip. 

No reason to jump on the rangers tie in wagon. 

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Pick up the phone because I called it! I'm not too surprised since Forces and Rangers both involve what seem to heavy assaults on reality.

What did you call? What gives you the impression that Sonic Rangers involves "heavy assaults on reality"?

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Pengi said:

What did you call?

He's called nothing so far, by the presence of the current facts.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

He's called nothing so far, by the presence of the current facts.

I've been saying for a while now that the show is in Game Continuity and now it's been proven. 

It's great we got some confirmation about whether or not the Sonic in Sonic Prime is going to be Modern Sonic or like the Sonic from Sonic Boom, be a completely different version of Sonic from the games.  It would be interesting to see how they are going to handle the game elements in this series. I just hope that the series is well written.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It's great we got some confirmation about whether or not the Sonic in Sonic Prime is going to be Modern Sonic or like the Sonic from Sonic Boom, be a completely different version of Sonic from the games.  It would be interesting to see how they are going to handle the game elements in this series. I just hope that the series is well written.

This. If it's game-related, they have to get this one right. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess the writing will depend on how much of a leash Sega has on Man of Action. They say they're going for more of a Generator Rex feel with this so it's possible we'll see more early Ben 10 Man of Action rather than Ultimate Spider-Man Man of Action. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's hoping. It'd be a shame if their vision was torn to pieces by the mandates.

Spoiler

Also, who here is expecting Alt-Shadow to be either a knockoff Punisher or the world's worst take on Vegeta?

1 hour ago, KingMario05 said:

Here's hoping. It'd be a shame if their vision was torn to pieces by the mandates.

Hide contents

Also, who here is expecting Alt-Shadow to be either a knockoff Punisher or the world's worst take on Vegeta?

Game Shadow is already the latter.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

I guess the writing will depend on how much of a leash Sega has on Man of Action. They say they're going for more of a Generator Rex feel with this so it's possible we'll see more early Ben 10 Man of Action rather than Ultimate Spider-Man Man of Action. 

I'm hoping that SEGA doesn't have a tight hold over this series.  With the mandates they have for the characters now, the mandates would mess up the story lines for the characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Game Shadow is already the latter.

I was thinking more that his "universe" would be just one badly-animated and even-worse-written Dragon Ball/shonen spoof, presumably either animated like Jump Force (if it's 3D) or Flash (if it's 2D). Basically current Shadow, but in something so blatant that you'd think Toei would sue.

Spoiler

I'm hoping that SEGA doesn't have a tight hold over this series.  With the mandates they have for the characters now, the mandates would mess up the story lines for the characters.

Yeah, this. Iizuka's announcement suggesting that Sonic Team has creative control on this basically killed any hype I did have for it. I just hope they've learned from Forces, because if they haven't... hoo, boy.