Awoo.

New game Ideas?

Eternal EX

He said that he had always wanted to see Sonic with a sword. The sword came before the setting. If he thought the sword would serve as a hook, he's just a tad retarded for not realizing why people buy Sonic games.

No, I think he put in the sword because he wanted it in there not because others would. I thought the execution was mostly fine, personally, but the concept had no precedent.

Edited by SuperStingray

I bought Black Knight because it was Sonic. If it was some other franchise like Mario with a sword, I would have avoided it. So I buy it because of the character.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Anyway, how about a game that ditches the intertwining stories setup and just has one story...but it's a slightly different one depending on who you choose to play as. Mostly the same gameplay, same levels, same overall idea for the story, but the cutscenes and dialogue change for whichever character you're using. Basically, the character select determines who's the big hero, at least in that playthrough.

No, I'm just looking for Sonic being Sonic.
Yes, you, the hardcore fan is looking for that. But what about others who aren't very fond of him. They know a little about him, they've played a few games. And they think it's interesting seeing something fresh.

I'm not saying the game is great. Frankly, they could have definetely went the extra mile with programming. Secret rings was programmed in one year (due to organization staff problems). I'd imagine they had at least close to 2 with this sequel.... and yet there are only minor improvements, so I don't think they should be praised for that.

You also say you're looking for sonic being sonic, when they pretty much showed off his flare-y personality. He still grinds, still runs, and still dash attacks enemies. He's still himself, just with a new mechanic, that could have turned out real great if more effort was put into the programming. (not that's it's a bad game by any means)

This is why we can't have nice things.

If a game sells well, that doesn't give the development team the right to slack off if they know their next game will sell well. It's not really our fault if a game doesn't turn out great, when we continue to buy them. Edited by lounge

If a game sells well, that doesn't give the development team the right to slack off if they know their next game will sell well. It's not really our fault if a game doesn't turn out great, when we continue to buy them.

It may not give them the right, but it can give them the incentive. Edited by SuperStingray

If a game sells well, that doesn't give the development team the right to slack off if they know their next game will sell well. It's not really our fault if a game doesn't turn out great, when we continue to buy them.
How so?

If the company is making a profit, and if people are satisfied enough that they will continue to make a profit, and excluding any kind of gross negligence to the point that the product injures the consumer, what reason do they have to invest any more money into improving the product? Perhaps they could try to get more customers, but what if they'd have to invest more money than they'd get back? They've set the bar pretty low in recent years but there's still quite a few people buying; is it actually worth it to them to put in all the effort required to make a high-quality game to draw in what may be only a small fraction of their current customers?

If people keep buying this stuff, they'll keep making it. And if people are just buying these games because they're "Sonic", there's not much reason for them to put any real effort into them.

OKAY YOU KNOW WHAT, THIS ARGUEMENT STOP HERE!

Really this topic is ONLY about what your ideas for a new/next sonic game is. IF this continues I will get this topic LOCKED. OKAY LITTLE KIDS?

People who join the game industry should have a passion when making games. That's what I meant. Unless there's budget and time constraint issues.

EDIT: Sorry, about derailing the topic.

Edited by lounge

Its kay lounge. Please just dont be one of the losers who gets this topic locked. I like seeing other peoples ideas of what they think the next sonic game could be like. Especially that sonic 4 idea.

OKAY YOU KNOW WHAT, THIS ARGUEMENT STOP HERE!

Really this topic is ONLY about what your ideas for a new/next sonic game is. IF this continues I will get this topic LOCKED. OKAY LITTLE KIDS?

I got a report for backseat modding on this. Lately at the SSMB we've been letting more backseat modding slide so a little reminder for people to stay on topic or something like that is ok, but remember a post still counts a spam if you're adding nothing to the topic. This post though was a little more backseat modding then I think we stand for, large bold font and big letters imply you're yelling and calling people little kids was an insult and uncalled for. If you really think a topic is being derailed the best thing you can do is click the report button and have a mod look into it.

That being said lets keep the rest of these posts on topic.

Eggman strategy game.

Come on, you know it'd work.

It worked for Wario Land it could very well get big

BTW goooooooolly shadic360 got mad.

I tell ya what would be funny.

A Sonic Underground GUITAR HERO game

of course that would piss off a lot of satam fanboys (nothing against them) but still

Edited by Stuart twentythree

I kind of want to see a game where Sonic's the villain, or at least in a semi-villainous role. It would give us a better reason to fight all the once-bad-guys-now-good-guys, like Knuckles and Shadow. Maybe something involving mind control?

When did Wario get a strategy game?

What I meant was the idea of a bad guy as the main character of the game

"Eggman Adventure" I'd buy that

or maybe "Robotnik and Snively's wild ride"LOL

BTW goooooooolly shadic360 got mad.

You don't really need to comment on the behavior of other members, especially after a mod has already dealt with it. It's not helping anything and not constructive to the topic at all.

I got a report for backseat modding on this.

-_-

Uh A eggy/villain game? Sounds interesting. Haha Metal decides "ya know what fuck you eggy Imma mess your crap up" And just Goes on a rampage. Metal sonic vs Eggy and his army. If that ever hits stores, I might by that.

I was actually thinking about this and thought that there could be a sonic game that has you going inot different zones areras whateva and going through 3 acts. The first act would be a traditional run REALLY FAST!!!! Sonic Unleashed day time level where you could choose between the three hedgehogs (Sonic, Shadow, Silver) to play through the level with. The 2nd act would be a Sonic Unleahsed Nightime brawler/ platformer style level where you choose between Knuckles, Rouge, or Blaze. Then the 3rd act would be a sort of Banjo NUTS & BOLTS type of stage where you collect parts to build some type of veichle to complete the mission. In that act you would choose between Tails, Amy, and Espio or something like that. Also with each level you get a different experience depending on the character u chose. For example sonic would be able to slide under certain sections while shadow can wall jump or something like that. And the end of ech zone there would be a boss involving one of eggmans machines and the battle would play out in one of the three gameplay styles. There would be 9 stages total including a final stage that can nly be accessed once you've collected the chaos emeralds. And yes a return of the special stages. The msoundtracks for the game would stay with the current type of sonic soundtracks with the occasional remix of old classics here and there :D . Also there would be more old school sonic enemies like caterkillers and buzz bombers and such. There would also be other collectibles like concept art, videos, and stuff that you could go back and colect by completing the voluntary missons. You would only have to beat each act once to progress through the games. The hub worlds would be straightforward and just have the acts and the boss act. There wouldn't be any type of order u have to go in but all three acts must be completed before facing the zone boss. The final boss, WITH EGGMAN AS THE BOSS, would require u to play all three gameplay styles including one with a super hedgehog. There would also be a multiplayer mode of some sort and downloadable content...Well thats pretti much the jist of it...... any comments????

If they ever bring back Fang, his controls should be like a 3rd person shooter. He should be able to pick up guns, reload, snipe and drive vehicles. With this, they should make Shadow more about speed and less about vehicles.

Honestly I think that's a terrible idea. Give Fang his trusty six-shooter, maybe work his air bike thing into a few places, and stick with that. Don't turn him into ShtH 2; it was a bad game the first time, it wouldn't be much better the second time.

I had a thought.

Take Sonic Unleashed, and basically turn it into a 3D retelling of Sonic 3 & Knuckles ( I'm not one of those nostalgia freaks, I genuinely think this would be great, and work well )

Sonic would work just as he works in the Daytime stages of Sonic Unleashed, and Knuckles would be a faster werehog with spinball mode.

Not sure where Tails fits into this...

I had a thought.

Take Sonic Unleashed, and basically turn it into a 3D retelling of Sonic 3 & Knuckles ( I'm not one of those nostalgia freaks, I genuinely think this would be great, and work well )

Sonic would work just as he works in the Daytime stages of Sonic Unleashed, and Knuckles would be a faster werehog with spinball mode.

Not sure where Tails fits into this...

Seriously, do the people around here need some kind of disclaimer every time they say something positive about the really good games?

And Knuckles doesn't have the reach to play like the Werehog, it would be tough to actually hit anything with arms as small as his.

Seriously, do the people around here need some kind of disclaimer every time they say something positive about the really good games?
Only if people don't need a disclaimer every time they say something positive about the really bad games. Edited by SuperStingray

Honestly I think that's a terrible idea. Give Fang his trusty six-shooter, maybe work his air bike thing into a few places, and stick with that. Don't turn him into ShtH 2; it was a bad game the first time, it wouldn't be much better the second time.

To tell you the truth, I like that idea better. Also his shooter should be able to lock on like E-102 Gamma to avoid misfiring.

Edited by Fangz The Wolf

I'd love that same thing. Also, an epic, heartpumping storyline. Bring back his Soaps, and 2P-4P race mode. And no cutesy stuff....I gagged at most of the Unleashed stuff, ugh.

And modify the Hedgehog engine so that the graphics are photo realistic instead of cartoonish. They were able to do that with the Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Engine for Twilight Princess.

yeah hi 5 for that idea :D

Yes, you sure are right! I second that! Maybe, not photo realistic(as you can see there are many people, who don't think it fits Sonic), but at least the same as it was in SA, Sa2, maybe in some stages in SH and Shth, SR, SRZG. I disagree. There WERE some stages in S06, which are just amazing. I'm talking about Kingdom valley. Unleashed's (and SH's by the way) TOOOOOO cartoonish style sucks hard (except Adabat which is truly awesome, but there is no mystery...). Don't make sonic games tooo cartoonish, S06's style was decent and if you don't like realistic humans, just imagine there were NO humans in S06. What'd you say? In this case, the style fits well, doesn't it?;)

totaly agree with you lot 06s stages had a good balance between carton and photo real

SOAPS must return to sonic. It would make since, the grinding without them looks retarded.

agreed, in fact now that they dont make soaps sega should just buy the trademark and start seling them again as sonics shoes!

^I disagree with everything in this post.

E: I can understand why you didn't like Unleashed's story bits, though. They're horribly written.

Edited by Phos