Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

I agree with pretty much everything said AGAINST R/S remakes. And would like to point out that if they make them, there'll be more remade games (counting each Gen as a single game) in the Pokémon series than unique ones.

Red and Green/Blue were remade through a combination of nostalgia, getting some of the Kanto Pokemon into the Gen III metagame and, eh, why not. Gold and Silver were remade through a combination of tradition that FR/LG set, to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the original GS games, and because the batteries of the GSC cartridges were beginning to die or were dead at this point. RSE remakes could theoretically be remade with the same motivations Game Freak had with HGSS - my Ruby version's internal battery has decayed enough that it can't tell time anymore, so I imagine that the battery will go completely kaput soon - so RSE remakes are not entirely out of the question right now with that in mind, with a possible Grey version coming later, akin to how Emerald version came out after FRLG did.

That said, if it's Pokemon Grey being revealed, for the love of everything, PLEASE let the after-game be more expansive. After you complete the main plot in BW, there is hardly anything else to do. Granted, RSE and DPPt share the same curse, but with BW it just feels even more profound that all there's left to do is catch the older Pokemon and fight the souped-up E4 and Alder again. Include a Battle Frontier, give us Match Recall, let us battle N in the after-game, have a "return of Ghetsis" scenario, make the Shadow Triad actually do something, just something.

• Thumbs Up 4

I know it's in the Computer Games sub, but the TCG has FINALLY gotten a Dragon type, celebrating the year of the Dragon and being the first new type introduced in the TCG in 13 YEARS after Metal and Darkness.

Ooooh any pics?
Here ya go:

DragonType.jpg

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait, the TCG's been around for as long as Red and Blue and they NEVER had a Dragon type?

Wait, the TCG's been around for as long as Red and Blue and they NEVER had a Dragon type?

Eeyup, hell they're still missing the other 7 types: Rock,Ground,Ice, Poison, Ghost, Bug, and Flying still aren't their own category yet.

Edited by Shadic Claus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pretty much anything would appeal to me more than R/S/E remakes. I'm not saying it would be bad, but I just don't at all want it. There are some things I doubt a remake would fix:

• Shitty starters (I don't like any of their final forms in terms of appearance). Charizard and Blastoise >>>>>>> Blaziken and Disgusting Water Thing.
  • Shitty region. Why is there so much damn water? I never liked surfing, and R/S/E don't help.
  • Boring story. When Black and White gave me a story I could care about, I don't want to go back to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98GeQIKJBQ.
  • Disgustingly hideous Pokemon. I really don't like these things.

Problem is, these aren't objective flaws. They're just things I dislike about Gen. 3 and are thus unlikely to be "fixed".

Pokemanz eh?

I like the series; Black was my first game I've played concerning the Pokemon series. Then I went to check out platinum. And I loved the series and a couple of Pokemon got me hooked. Especially the sorta creepy girly one with the bows that reminds me alot of a samurai that uses special attacks. Then there's some that I think are just too cute like Palkia or Giratina (especially Palkia paired with Dialga)

Pretty much anything would appeal to me more than R/S/E remakes. I'm not saying it would be bad, but I just don't at all want it. There are some things I doubt a remake would fix:

• Shitty starters (I don't like any of their final forms in terms of appearance). Charizard and Blastoise >>>>>>> Blaziken and Disgusting Water Thing.
  • Shitty region. Why is there so much damn water? I never liked surfing, and R/S/E don't help.
  • Boring story. When Black and White gave me a story I could care about, I don't want to go back to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98GeQIKJBQ.
  • Disgustingly hideous Pokemon. I really don't like these things.

Problem is, these aren't objective flaws. They're just things I dislike about Gen. 3 and are thus unlikely to be "fixed".

If they aren't objective then they aren't flaws then huh?

Edited by Grooseinator032
  • Thumbs Up 2

In all honesty I'm still just amazed they even localise the TCG these days, I haven't bought a pack in the best part of 10 years but it still makes me happy to know there's still some dedicated fans out there somewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the official TCG rules kind of retcon older sets out of play every few years? I can understand them doing that but it kinda urks me to know that the Charizard I spent years hunting for as a kid is technically useless as far the official rules are concerned ;_;

I prefer surfing infinintly than going through caves, which is a good reason why I don't like Sinnoh and that huge fucking mountain that take up 40% of the region. It's also far less bland that Johto or Kanto simply because they actually tried to be unique with the locales and cities.

Meh. If I wanted to play a surfing game I'd go pick up a copy of Wave Race. HM reliance in R/S/E really got annoying.

In all honesty I'm still just amazed they even localise the TCG these days, I haven't bought a pack in the best part of 10 years but it still makes me happy to know there's still some dedicated fans out there somewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the official TCG rules kind of retcon older sets out of play every few years? I can understand them doing that but it kinda urks me to know that the Charizard I spent years hunting for as a kid is technically useless as far the official rules are concerned ;_;

Edited by ProfessorZolo

CoroCoro keeps hinting at Keldeo (The Secret Pony Pokémon) and some Kyuren unknown power.

Next issue (February 15th) will talk more about Keldeo and something special for Pokemon's anime 15th anniversary showing a poster with famous Pokémon from the anime Trainers over this years with Squirtle, Togepi, Psyduck, Piplup, Geodude, etc.

Edited by Tmsp

CoroCoro keeps hinting at Keldeo (The Secret Pony Pokémon) and some Kyuren unknown power.

Next issue (February 15th) will talk more about Keldeo and something special for Pokemon's anime 15th anniversary showing a poster with famous Pokémon from the anime Trainers over this years with Squirtle, Togepi, Psyduck, Piplup, Geodude, etc.

That Charizard is useless anyway. Well, no doubt it's rare and incredibly powerful (for a card of it's time), but it was over-hyped because it had the highest HP of any card. Blastoise was actually the better card, because it was stronger over all, AND was better against that Charizard.

Not that things like that mattered to kids though! I only found all of this out recently!

Well that Charizard card was re-printed and adapted to the new TCG rules.

ZfXU3.jpgZdJzp.jpg

This print modified some of the card text to bring it in line with modern card wording whilst still allowing it to retain most of its original effects; however, Energy Burn was made mandatory on the Stormfront print, whereas it was originally optional on the Base Set print.

I don't care how useless it may be, that Charizard card is my most prized card ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wish I could have more than one save slot in the main games. I assume it's a space issue, but whenever I restart a Pokemon game I have to lose all those fucking hours of progress. I want to play White again as I thought it was superb and fixed most of the flaws of previous games (mostly) and would like to experiment with more of the new Pokemon, but it's always weighing the options up and I might get really bored halfway through considering Pokemon tends to be a grind fest.

I mean I know I can just train stuff up, but it's not the same or even close to doing it in the main story. Nowhere near as fun.

Oh yeah, and why in the love of shit was Samurott not a Fighting type, when we get Emboar that is Fire/Fighting YET AGAIN? It just boggles my mind. I just don't know what made Gamefreak think having a third Fire/Fight starter in a row was a good or interesting idea in any way, especially when both of the others were pure types. It felt like such a regression after DP's attempt to diversify the starter types. Emboar being pure Fire type would have been more interesting in the starter department, even if only as something to join Typhlosion (who, btw, is still the coolest Fire starter Pokemon). Samurott was such a great Pokemon anyway, but being Fighting type would have sealed the deal. Honestly, that shit bothered me more than Unova being linear and being unable to auto-equip the running shoes like in HGSS.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

unable to auto-equip the running shoes like in HGSS.

I hope they give us that option and add the following Pokémon again in Grey and the Ruby/Sapphire Remakes.

I also wouldn't mind the pokewalker feature to return in the next game, maybe use the built in pedometer instead of the extra step counter