Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

^ Just a LITTLE easier. I have a hard time with those ones. If they tone the difficulty just a little, i'll be happy.

Oh, I've never been able to do them either. And I've been trying for 16 years.

Clearly, I am a competent gamer.

Might be neat if each zone had a unique type of special stage. This way we could get all forms of classic special stages to return as well as some new ideas.

Sonic 2 had checkered hills too. Emerald Hill Zone's hills were less checkered, but still checkered in some spots!

Hence why I said, "purely checkered". I knew Emerald Hill had some checkers, but I used "purely checkered" on Green Hill to describe that it was smothered in them. =P

And actually, I'd either like 3DBlastSaturn's version of it, or maybe an HD/3D version of the Knuckles Chaotix Special Stage. Chaotix's SS was amazing, and was almost like a mixture of the halfpipe stage , the UFO catching stage, and Blue Spheres put together into one big game. It was pretty awesome, and I wouldn't mind if they built off of that.

Compared to a lot of other special stages in some of the modern games, I wouldn't mind seeing the Blue Sphere special stage again. I thought that to be the best one, with a good challenge as it sped up the longer you stayed in the stage.

Might be neat if each zone had a unique type of special stage. This way we could get all forms of classic special stages to return as well as some new ideas.

I'd much rather one unified special stage then multiple differant ones, that'd be way too confusing.

Blue spheres I feel has been taken as far as it can go now though. after S3&K there's not a lot they can do to that to make it challenging without just being idiotic like the last few super emerald stages. Something new plz.

Blue spheres I feel has been taken as far as it can go now though. after S3&K there's not a lot they can do to that to make it challenging without just being idiotic like the last few super emerald stages. Something new plz.

Exactly. After you've had Blue Sphere, which has OVER 9000 of the S3&K special stages (no, rly: there's 134,217,728 of them), methinks one can reliably say "It's been done". :/

Yeah well, 134,217,714 were just secrets, incase you connected Sonic & Knuckles with Sonic 1 :P. Don't get me wrong, I don't think its coming back, but I'd love it to..

Off Topic: Max Goof, where did you get those Pokemon comics that were in your sig. I thought they were funny.

Edit: Thanks, Max Goof.

Edited by MarcelloF

Yeah well, 134,217,714 were just secrets, incase you connected Sonic & Knuckles with Sonic 1. Don't get me wrong, I don't think its coming back, but I'd love it to..

Off Topic: Max Goof, where did you get those Pokemon comics that were in your sig. I thought they were funny.

What he's saying is technically Blue Sphere has been done TO DEATH because there's a whole game based around it with literally thousands of stages.

I still think they'll do new special stages. I agree with the poster before, this game is an "All-New 2D Adventure", I doubt it's borrowing special stages from the previous 2D Sonic's since the only game in the series that has done that yet was Sonic Rush (not exactly, but close enough). It will probably be something all new.

http://vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=0

Exactly. After you've had Blue Sphere, which has OVER 9000 of the S3&K special stages (no, rly: there's 134,217,728 of them), methinks one can reliably say "It's been done". :/

I'm still amazed SEGA went that far to include that many levels in that game.

That's outrageous. Did they make them all manually? Was there a "Special Stage" generator of some sort? That's just INSANE!

Edited by Max Goof

On the subject of Special Stages, I concur with the idea that they should be new and not just redone versions of older Special Stages. It can still fit with the classic ones and just as fun, but also be something fresh and new.

The large number of Blue Sphere stages were generated. The program was given a number of chunks, and it puts them together randomly, sometimes coming up with some very difficult stages.

If they're gonna go for some kind of Genesis style special stage, why not mix 'em up togeher, keep everyone (for the most part anyway XP) happy? A half-pipe that once you reach the 1/3 point folds down into a 3D sphere, which you run around on until the 2/3 mark, when you jump into a hole that takes you inside the sphere, where you have to do one of those rotating maze things until you get the emerald, that'd be neat.

Might be a bit difficult to have to adapt to all three play-styles so quickly though, I know I failed at the S1 and S3&K ones for a long, long time XD. But a completely new one would be nice too, they seem to be reusing the half-pipe a bit recently...

The large number of Blue Sphere stages were generated. The program was given a number of chunks, and it puts them together randomly, sometimes coming up with some very difficult stages.

This is especially evident when you play random stages and notice the same sphere patterns again and again.

Edited by Ezra the Badnik

I personally think Blue Sphere was partly generated, partly handmade in some stage cases. There's some stages that were just too well made to have been generated.

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper

I personally think Blue Sphere was partly generated, partly handmade in some stage cases. There's some stages that were just too well made to have been generated.

What I posted was determined by disassembling Sonic & Knuckles's code. The segments were likely intended to tile well with one another, so that would be a case of the system working as intended.

What I posted was determined by disassembling Sonic & Knuckles's code. The segments were likely intended to tile well with one another, so that would be a case of the system working as intended.

The sega europe blog posted a teaser for a new sonic song...

No one knows what game that is for yet, it could be for needlemouse or sega racing. The car sound at the end allures me to believe it might be for racing, but would they really go all out with a song with vocal for that game. Hopefully more needlemouse info very soon...

The sega europe blog posted a teaser for a new sonic song...

No one knows what game that is for yet, it could be for needlemouse or sega racing. The car sound at the end allures me to believe it might be for racing, but would they really go all out with a song with vocal for that game. Hopefully more needlemouse info very soon...

That would be awesome if true, but on second thought, the lyrics might not make sense to Sonic's character or the game storyline.

Maybe it's just Bentley Jones making his own original song.

That would be awesome if true, but on second thought, the lyrics might not make sense to Sonic's character or the game storyline.

Maybe it's just Bentley Jones making his own original song.

Taken from Bentley's blog:

Fun lil’ video project I enjoyed working on, plus it was a way to preview the track to you guys without actually showing you the song itself – I’m saving that! (^^)

Anyhoo, for those of you who already have questions about this song – there’s a BIG clue in the video… (~____^)

I’m planning on getting you all involved with this project, so be prepared!! (*___*!!)

Ok so he says there is a BIG clue in the video. I am thinking it is that random car noise, but yeah like most things like just wait it out and see.

I'm pretty sure I recognize that sound effect from the All-Stars Racing trailer. Unless Needlemouse has a CAR MODE!

They sound very appropriate for Needlemouse. "Can't look back" but also going home, gotta get lost before getting found...it combines Sonic's "always keep moving forward" philosophy with returning to his origins.

I mean, it's certainly no guarantee, and it could just as easily be entirely unrelated, but.

I fail, I should've looked more into it than just the video. Thing is I was in a public place without headphones. :P

At any rate, this may be the theme song for SaSASR. However I'd rather be hearing some Needlemouse goodies.

I'd actually rather have a Crush40 vs. BJ cover of You Can Do Anything, honestly, but "So Much More" would at least bring some originality to the game.

Sonic 1 theme ftw

They sound very appropriate for Needlemouse. "Can't look back" but also going home, gotta get lost before getting found...it combines Sonic's "always keep moving forward" philosophy with returning to his origins.

I mean, it's certainly no guarantee, and it could just as easily be entirely unrelated, but.

Quite an idea there- sounds very reasonable. But of course, seeing blue doesn't mean you're looking at the ocean.

The car sound is tacked on to the end very randomly, and other than that I can't see HOW this would attach itself to All Stars Racing. It's quite likely that or Needlemouse though the way that I see it- the Sonic City Blognik and all.

EDIT: Gotta say this- I hope Needlemouse doesn't have vocal tracks. But if it does, I hope they're more like BJ's music (and other randoms like A New Venture or SOnic R music) than Crush 40 rock. Crush may well be awesome, but considering what Needlemouse seems to be, their style is too contrasting.

Edited by Blue Blood