Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

320.jpg

Stale old idea is stale.

Also old.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first time Sonic Team stole concepts whole cloth from elsewhere in recent years! (*cough*werehog/godofwar*cough*, as Phos would be so quick to remind us.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I reckon Tristan will have some news for us soon as he's taking his time to report about the sites being password locked, Brad got it on our front page pretty quick but Tristan's taking his time minus the red Bulletin bar. Methinks we'll have some news and maybe media he's dug up via his usual naughty hacking.

So I typed in "http://sonicthehedgehog4.com" to see if anything had changed.

Take a look at what showed up...

adlxd3.png

To me, it seems more likely this will end up being the games website at some point. I doubt we'll be seeing it tomorrow though, it's bound to just be a logo or something. =X

So the "Hedgehog Day" banner and the sound file is gone from SEGA's homepage.

Guess the 'celebrations' ended.

Edited by bolt7

No matter how many times I hear that new tune, my mind thinks "Oh, Sonic 1 theme... oh wait, Needlemouse teaser. Whoop! It ended. That was short."

"Until then – awesome job once again on the amazing concept art you guys have sent in! We’re going to feature even more of it tomorrow and throughout the week as we celebrate Hedgehog Week, and the upcoming reveal of Project Needlemouse!"

So, are they not bothering today?

NEEDLEMOUSE REVEALED TONIGHT ON GAMESPOT. I FUCKING NEW IT!!!

Haha, I posted this on Skype last night

"the first trailer was officially shown on Gamespot first. if they can't show anything until Thursday, then it might mean Gamespot have it as an exclusive again"

Edited by Stasis

I wonder what made them completely change plans like this?

Midnight is Thursday right?

I wonder if it's really worth it to stay up. Gamespot can handle all the incoming traffic right?

Haha, sweet, finally! :D

Since they're revealing it on Gamespot, there's probally gonna be more than just "The name is Sonic 4. Oh, and here's a pretty logo.". And since US Pacific time is 3 hours ahead of US Eastern time (which I live in), I only have to wait 'till 9 PM to see it.

EDIT: I just realised Pacific time is three hours behind, not ahead >_>. Ah well, I'll still wait up.

Edited by gamerguy21

Isn't it the other way around? Pacific is 3 hours behind Eastern.

dit: saw your edit, but still, FAIL WIN EPIC 1337 and all that business.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

As much as I'd rather wake up to the shattered remains of the entire internet in a morning-after scenario, there's no way my brain will slow down enough to let me sleep when it knows that there's a substantial chance that Gamespot has an actual trailer or screenshots to unveil at 3:00am.

Augh. Either coffee or knock-out pills, I guess. Flipping a coin. One way or the other, work's going to be pretty worthless in the morning.

Kudos to Dr. Sega Monkey for the Eggman starchild.:D

As for the topic itself...

I suppose if the game really is called "Sonic 4," that title would be the most marketable, at least towards fans of retro, pre-Sonic Adventure Sonic. It would also be likely to generate a lot of mainstream buzz among people who are more casual Sonic fans, I would think.

I'm not entirely convinced that there will not be a Wii version, since I think there is a chance that "HD" simply means "We're using polygons instead of sprites" rather than "We need the kind of power that only the PS3 and 360 can provide."

"Project Needlemouse" will be revealed at midnight huh? I'll have to get to bed a lttle early and set my alarm clock for midnight. I hope we'll be able to see some screenshots or something tonight besides just a name reveal though.

Ugh. That's 3 am for me and I have work followed by classes tomorrow.

Oh well. I usually get up at 5 am anyway, so I can afford to lose 2 hours of sleep.

….no. No I can’t. I’ll just have to hit the sack a bit earlier.

Well, this is it. With it being on GameSpot, there will surely be gameplay footage. Here’s hoping you blow away my fears or at least impress me Sega. I can’t wait to see the reactions from the community though. No matter what, there’s going to be a lot of laughs all around.

Until then, might as well play some classic Sonic to pass the time.

*boots UGC*

Edited by Tentomon