Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

8 minutes ago, Clewis said:

Yeah, I know. That's partly why I wasn't bothered with the the thought of vocal tracks never returning to the series.

If they would hire people who could make vocal music that didn't make me roll my eyes, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but there was a point several years ago where I just got tired of telling myself "of course it's lame, they're all lame, and that's why it's okay!", which is probably why this track isn't doing anything for me.

I don't even know why I'm rambling about this. It's just a dumb music track. Not that big of a deal.

Ah, fair enough.

On a different subject, I wonder if they'll show more at E3? We've only seen two stages (or, areas, I suppose).

2 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Dudes the announcer in the Olympics. He's been with Sonic for awhile now.

You learn something new every fucking day.

• Thumbs Up 9

Holy shit, didn't see that coming.

I actually quite like it - but during the gameplay, I thought I heard strings, yet it was a synth, which isn't bad of course, just a slight surprise.

I do agree that the rapping is pretty cheesy - and so are the lyrics, but I don't seem to care really since it all sounds pretty great overall.

It's okay. It's not quite what I was expecting and the snippet with the female vocals that we heard previously is the best bit, but it's still alright overall.

Mania has a better soundtrack though.

• Thumbs Up 9

Love the music track. It's quite good to me. I can't wait to hear more music tracks with vocals.

The actual tune is pretty nice, but the male vocals at the beginning leave me a bit cold. The female vocalist saves it, however.

Lyrics are pretty cheesy but this is Sonic so whatever

• Thumbs Up 4

If I had to give a rating in % for each songs we heard so far:

Main Theme: 95%

Park Avenue Modern: 95% (From what we can hear I suppose lol)

Green Hill Zone Classic: 52%

Park Avenue Hero: 75%

• Thumbs Up 1

I quite like all of the music so far, the instrumentation for GHZ is a little to sharp but otherwise I quite enjoy its melody.

3 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

If I had to give a rating in % for each songs we heard so far:

Main Theme: 95%

Park Avenue Modern: 95% (From what we can hear I suppose lol)

Green Hill Zone Classic: 52%

Park Avenue Hero: 75%

Surely Green Hill Classic is only 27% at best? I mean, it's the most arbitrary number I can think of.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how the different characters will have their own styles of music for their levels. It reminds me of how in SA2, Rouge had Jazz as her style, and Knuckles had rap as his.

If I were to rank the styles from what we've heard so far:

Custom Hero 1st

Modern 2nd

Classic 3rd

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Surely Green Hill Classic is only 27% at best? I mean, it's the most arbitrary number I can think of.

The melody is *mostly* fine to me but the instruments are quite mediocre (Sonic 4 E1 tier) but I don't think it's 20% tier bad.

This song blares way too much and one part of it reminds me too much of the Metal Sonic music from Episode 2 of Sonic 4.

Another issue is the vocals. You can't hear them very well, the female vocals sound a bit better off but this song is suffering BADLY from the Adventure effect, too loud on the instrumentals, too silent on the vocals.

I hope there's an option to disable to vocals, this is gonna fucking ruin my ears if I watch that video.

OH GOD MY EARS THEY ARE FUCKING BLEEDING FROM THIS BULLSHIT

OH SHIT THE FEMALE SINGER SOUNDS LIKE SHIT FROM SONIC R

WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!

I WILL SHOVE THEIR NUTS UP THEIR ASS!

As down as I've been on Forces so far (because it looks shiiiiiit lads) I'm absolutely down for this music. I'm utterly dulled to cheesy lyrics at this point due to my Eurobeat obsession, so imo this is the best thing to come out of Forces so far.

Like, it's not sheer beauty like Mania, but it's fun to listen to and I'd at least call it "good." I can definitely get why some folks would be down on it though. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Meta77 said:

I like it. Better than that green hill mess. It's a running song

Part of a running gag maybe.

Eh? Ehh...? Any takers? High five anybody?

...I'll shut up now. I'm a terrible person.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Part of a running gag maybe.

Eh? Ehh...? Any takers? High five anybody?

...I'll shut up now. I'm a terrible person.

GIt ....go on I said git

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

GIt ....go on I said git

-runs away like Tingle-

Anyway, it IS true though that the song is MUCH better than whatever they want to call that thing they made for Green Hill.

If they just fix what's going on with the instruments and vocals it would probably be even better too. Right now one drowns out the other too much.

• Thumbs Up 1

This track isn't bad. Other than theme music, this is the only track I kinda like. 

And that is a huge bummer to me personally. I love so many Sonic OSTs wholeheartedly and the music is so important to what I love about the series, but most of the stuff now isn't as impressive as it used to be anymore to me. Lost World, Runners and now this game fall under this trend. Don't get me wrong I loved some of Ohtani's stuff too (like in Unleashed), but he is being stretched WAY too thin right now. 

Where's the rest of the musicians at Sonic Team? Where are the other musicians usually involved in Sonic (Runblebee, Cash Cash, Richard Jacques)? 

Oh well. At lest Mania will have a cool soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

As down as I've been on Forces so far (because it looks shiiiiiit lads) I'm absolutely down for this music. I'm utterly dulled to cheesy lyrics at this point due to my Eurobeat obsession, so imo this is the best thing to come out of Forces so far.

Like, it's not sheer beauty like Mania, but it's fun to listen to and I'd at least call it "good." I can definitely get why some folks would be down on it though. 

Really? By what standard?

The male voice is rather off-putting, but everything else is pretty cool. Certain parts remind me of Sonic R (which is fine by me) and Sonic 4: Episode 2 (but better).

Just now, Pawn said:

The male voice is rather off-putting, but everything else is pretty cool. Certain parts remind me of Sonic R (which is fine by me) and Sonic 4: Episode 2 (but better).

Sonic R is an excellent thing, but we could do without any more references to Sonic 4, especially in the case of the music.

Whatever they're using for those quote-on-quote "nostalgic" notes just isn't working for me. It hurts my ears and it hurts my feelings.

Yeah, count me in the I like this crowd. I've grown to really like the electronic style of music and I like the 2 singers for the track, cheesy lyrics are too easy? Dood, We Can was my jam and that song's dangerously cheesy. I dig it, looking forward to the full track.

2 minutes ago, Faseeh said:

This track isn't bad. Other than theme music, this is the only track I kinda like. 

And that is a huge bummer to me personally. I love so many Sonic OSTs wholeheartedly and the music is so important to what I love about the series, but most of the stuff now isn't as impressive as it used to be anymore to me. Lost World, Runners and now this game fall under this trend. Don't get me wrong I loved some of Ohtani's stuff too (like in Unleashed), but he is being stretched WAY too thin right now. 

Where's the rest of the musicians at Sonic Team? Where are the other musicians usually involved in Sonic (Runblebee, Cash Cash, Richard Jacques)? 

Oh well. 

Not sure about Runblebee but I'm pretty sure with Cash Cash being very popular, I think it will be more costly to get the guys to make some tracks for the game and Jacques has been doing the music for the Boom games so uh yeah. :P 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Yeah, the woman definitely gives off Sonic R vibes. For a moment I actually thought they took her vocals from a song from R.

29 minutes ago, ChikaBoing said:

Really? By what standard?

My standards. AKA any benchmark that's three feet off the ground.

Shiiiiiiit, lads.

• Thumbs Up 6