Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

46 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Sonic Forces remains a mixed bag upon every move it makes...

when not even its music can grab people (so far) what are we left with

Aaron posted the lyrics on the comment section

Here comes the enemy, strike them down.
We can't let evil win, take them out.
This is justice, this is what’s right.
Here comes the enemy, mess ‘em up.
And bring ‘em to their knees, do your stuff.
Time for justice, time to go fight.

Insert music here
Destiny, lies before you.
I believe, you have the power!
Can you see, your horizon?
Victory, for the taking!

• Thumbs Up 9

4 hours ago, Soniman said:

when not even its music can grab people (so far) what are we left with

Well but that's what makes it a mixed bag. Look at how many people think this is a mediocre, dull piece, and then look at the similarly-sized amount of people that really like it.

4 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Aaron posted the lyrics on the comment section

Here comes the enemy, strike them down.
We can't let evil win, take them out.
This is justice, this is what’s right.
Here comes the enemy, mess ‘em up.
And bring ‘em to their knees, do your stuff.
Time for justice, time to go fight.

Insert music here
Destiny, lies before you.
I believe, you have the power!
Can you see, your horizon?
Victory, for the taking!

He had to put them out because nobody can make half of it out... lol

I can't wait for the reviews to come out for Mania and Forces, it's gonna be a blast.

Well... For us...

This piece of music from the game sounds pretty good to me, but it does not sound like it's been completed, rather a shortened version and a full version to be released later with the game. Recently I started listening to music from Sonic Adventure 2, mostly because of the lack of new Modern Sonic music from Sonic Forces. The main theme sounds even better than this one, however this is probably one of the better vocal songs alongside Endless Possibilities, Reach for the stars and A new venture.

2 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

This piece of music from the game sounds pretty good to me, but it does not sound like it's been completed, rather a shortened version and a full version to be released later with the game. Recently I started listening to music from Sonic Adventure 2, mostly because of the lack of new Modern Sonic music from Sonic Forces. The main theme sounds even better than this one, however this is probably one of the better vocal songs alongside Endless Possibilities, Reach for the stars and A new venture.

Most of the game seems in this state and release is just a few months away.

Gonna be a mess that makes 06 shine at this rate.

Park Avenue theme sounds alright. I like the female vocalist and melody is pretty okay...ish. 

Man, everything about Forces so far is very "meh" to me. I hope that changes when E3 comes around. 

1 minute ago, CottonCandy said:

Park Avenue theme sounds alright. I like the female vocalist and melody is pretty okay...ish. 

Man, everything about Forces so far is very "meh" to me. I hope that changes when E3 comes around. 

Half of it is going for some Sonic/Knuckles hybrid tune ala SA2 and the other half is going for CD and R...

A weird combination.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Do you...exaggerate on purpose to spark discussion? Genuinely curious

No, this is just my thoughts based on how they're trying to focus on three things at once leaving all three parts of the game... I suppose awkward and/or underwhelming.

I also say this because I've seen background props glitching out ala Green Hill trees which is presumably the first location in the game and is still buggy.

Then there's the music which is either bad or passable at best, when in its credit 06 did have music at the very least going for it.

This seems like 06 to me, minus the good music.

To me, mind you. Just to me.

Yeah, okay

1) 06 was a OBVIOUSLY one time thing

2) SEGA would obviously spend massive time making sure ANY game looked nothing like 06

3) Most if not all of what we have seen in trailers is average for your standard ps4 game so where does 06 come into play?

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Do you...exaggerate on purpose to spark discussion? Genuinely curious

^^^

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Zorua & Flare said:

Yeah, okay

1) 06 was a OBVIOUSLY one time thing

2) SEGA would obviously spend massive time making sure ANY game looked nothing like 06

3) Most if not all of what we have seen in trailers is average for your standard ps4 game so where does 06 come into play?

^^^

Well, it really looks nothing like 06, I'm just speaking on how development of the game harkens to it a bit, not the appearance.

Then you would be saying that Forces looked and felt like a next gen game and that when it comes out then people would be angry. 

Im goona speak up for the first time on here, I was really scared because  i thought some of you would get annoyed  or angry at me or something. This forum kinda scares me a bit. ^^

I dont know what's  all the fuss is all about this game. The game is not incredibly awesome, as I thought it would be. I think the game is overall pretty  good. I actually think the songs okay, but they're not so bad that it's  honestly  unbearable  to listen to. I think they could do away with custom character, but it's already implemented in, but its not that bad. Compared to some of the worse games in the Sonic series and others it's pretty average. But whats funny is that the majority thinks it's already bad, while everywhere  else  I've  been to it's quite the opposite. The people who hate or just think its nothing good are in the minority. It seems weird how other sonic communitys in different  places mostly, but not all, love the game compared to hear. Just something  I observed.

14 minutes ago, Zorua & Flare said:

Then you would be saying that Forces looked and felt like a next gen game and that when it comes out then people would be angry. 

06 was also a product of development hell, with multiple big voices walking out on the project partway through, and the game being rushed out over a year earlier than intended, resulting in a game that only "worked" on the grounds that it would start up when you put in the disc, and some of the worst gameplay and story decisions the franchise has ever seen. Look at Forces, now. The game's gotten several years of development, with gameplay that (while some may not prefer the decision) keeps totally consistent with what the general reception to Generations suggested, and to our knowledge most of the people working on this game have been the whole time. The character creator is a little silly, but nothing in this game is a broken or unfinished mechanic.

In short, 06 was overambition combined with poor management resulting in a broken game, Forces is little ambition combined with proper work resulting in what will probably be a functional if unremarkable game. I'd rather something not excite me as much as it should and be okay, than excite me and end up being a massive pile of shit.

• Thumbs Up 5

Honestly I'm still liking this song. After jamming to it in my kitchen. The shower. Outside at the post office. It's grows more on me

Also this is what I'd like to see Sega do more of. It doesn't have to be every week but just keeping us informed on how forces is going or showing off small things like this throughout the year

• Thumbs Up 2

Song is alright. I'm sure it'll grow on me like the Main Forces instrumental theme has.

I listen to that Forces theme at least once a day now. I'm being driven mad.

• Thumbs Up 1

The song is too cheesy for me the reminds me the ost´s of adventure series, but I really do not care about forces to complain too much about that. :P

2 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

06 was also a product of development hell, with multiple big voices walking out on the project partway through, and the game being rushed out over a year earlier than intended, resulting in a game that only "worked" on the grounds that it would start up when you put in the disc, and some of the worst gameplay and story decisions the franchise has ever seen. Look at Forces, now. The game's gotten several years of development, with gameplay that (while some may not prefer the decision) keeps totally consistent with what the general reception to Generations suggested, and to our knowledge most of the people working on this game have been the whole time. The character creator is a little silly, but nothing in this game is a broken or unfinished mechanic.

In short, 06 was overambition combined with poor management resulting in a broken game, Forces is little ambition combined with proper work resulting in what will probably be a functional if unremarkable game. I'd rather something not excite me as much as it should and be okay, than excite me and end up being a massive pile of shit.

Dude, pick a side! Love the thing or hate it! XD

I appreciate your stance and admittedly I do agree. I'm not meaning to say it's an EXACT resemblance, rather... I'm cautious that it's still within the realm of possibility. Standing on a wire, if you will.

To put it another way...

The farther I lower my expectations and stance, the greater the chance the game has of making me... Smile...

But yeah... You're really struggling with defending Forces there, not that I can't see why. It's difficult to say it's gonna be great without a consistent nagging in your head telling you "NO!" as if it's spraying you with a bottle while you're trying to speak.

...Forces, interesting in all the unintended ways, mediocre in all the purposeful ways.

Just waiting patiently for next Tuesday. I want to see Park Avenue in full.  Still unsure what to think about this one in general. 

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Just waiting patiently for next Tuesday. I want to see Park Avenue in full.  Still unsure what to think about this one in general. 

Is there news scheduled for next Tuesday?

12 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

E3, my dude. There will most likely be gameplay blowout for this game.

14 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Pretty sure it was confirmed that it will be playable at E3, there's supposed to be some key art revealed as well. Even if they somehow didn't say anything, it's a safe bet.