Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Yeah it's confirmed there will be gameplay and poster art, but I'm also betting for an E3 trailer of this game.

Given what we know of this theme and the main theme, I wonder how many vocal themes there will be total. Will it just be a main theme, a theme for each of the three characters, and maybe a final boss and/or credits theme (think how With Me and Live Life were composed on top of Knight of the Wind)? Or will we get a theme overload not seen since Sonic Adventure 2, where tons of levels had them in addition to each character having one and the game itself as well?

I'm excited to see where this all goes!

• Thumbs Up 2

Riiiight, I completely forgot about E3. Hopefully we do get to see the full levels of each playstyle.

I wonder if we'll get an orchestral/rock version of the main theme.

16 minutes ago, Acoolsonicfan said:

I wonder if we'll get an orchestral/rock version of the main theme.

I don't want one... I think the main theme has a perfect balance of orchestral and rock instruments. 

Doing a orchestral version would be really redundant. I rather have a special final boss theme just like BK and Lost World.

12 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Well, it really looks nothing like 06, I'm just speaking on how development of the game harkens to it a bit, not the appearance.

The game's development is fine tho, teams aren't getting split, they don't seem to be rushing it and prominent leaders aren't leaving mid development.

Song isn't bad actually. I mean it's cheesy as fuck, but I always felt that's something the series should embrace without being ridiculous.

Figures the one thing that interests me about a Sonic game is the music. If they put half as much effort into the whole game as they did the music, there wouldn't be as much apathy.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

I've not had many complaints compared to others, but I have to saye that those are some pretty sterile robot designs, possibly the most boring looking ones I've seen out of the games.

I doubt that's the case with all of them, but I'm not impressed with these.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

I've not had many complaints compared to others, but I have to saye that those are some pretty sterile robot designs, possibly the most boring looking ones I've seen out of the games.

Well, I thought they looked cool, but only in the sense that they were new, as odd as that may sound. Otherwise, they don't look so impressive, and do look sterile, so I see where you are coming from.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they're supposed to look sterile and somewhat generic, if the giant Death Egg Sentinels are any indication. But yeah, they could look like production models and less zany than Eggman's typical machines without being wrote so bland. The badniks in Green Hill actually look alright, as do the sentinels. It's just the totally new enemies that aren't so hot. 

• Thumbs Up 4

29 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Even blander than RoL's?

I agree that the bland and sterile look is intentional, but it's hard to judge whether that design was a success when we don't know exactly what the intention was.  The change in design aesthetics could conceivably be related to a plot point, but could they have taken it in a different direction?  This tiny detail is strangely one of the more interesting things about Forces to me.

They look like a bunch of eggs got possessed and started attacking the city.

I dunno, I kind of like the way they look. 

I quite enjoy the new robot designs, especially the Egg Pawns/Death Egg Robots. They fit well with everything else the game is presenting, and I feel like if they went with the usual Egg Pawns over these, they would've clashed with the game's tone.

2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I dunno, I kind of like the way they look. 

I am mixed on it, I mean yeah its probably a infantry unit as opposed to the normal badniks or G.U.N robots but lack the detail or look that threatening in comparison.

5 hours ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Even blander than RoL's?

I didn't play RoL and haven't bothered looking at them, so I wouldn't know. :P

1 hour ago, ZinogreVolt said:

I quite enjoy the new robot designs, especially the Egg Pawns/Death Egg Robots. They fit well with everything else the game is presenting, and I feel like if they went with the usual Egg Pawns over these, they would've clashed with the game's tone.

I actually think they should've gone with the usual Egg Pawns just for that reason (or at least make these more interesting to look at). Would be an excellent show of "Beware the Silly Ones," showing that these dorky robots just gained a competence boost and are capable of conquering cities despite their appearance. I mean, it didn't stop them from appearing in ShTH's dark tone, so why should their appearance stop them from being in Forces?

3 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

That made me laugh... :lol:

If you've conquered the world and beaten everyone that resisted you, you don't have to care as much toward the overall design of your current robot sentry.

2 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

If you've conquered the world and beaten everyone that resisted you, you don't have to care as much toward the overall design of your current robot sentry.

If it's Eggman we're talking about, I have to disagree. There's a reason he pastes some facsimile of his face onto most things he makes - he conquers not just for attention, but to establish a land in his own image, and I have a hard time believing that proves less true after he's already accomplished that. There's really no better indication of that than Eggmanland in Unleashed. He wants people to know who beat them.

The first thing I gather from this is that someone has taken over his facilities and stripped the branding from them in the process. Which is interesting when you think about it, because I don't think we've seen Eggman himself yet.

• Thumbs Up 8

It could be like Sonic Rivals 1 and 2 where Eggman NEGA is the true villain disguising as Dr. Eggman. Also I've played Sonic 2006, it's a good game, not as good as its successor games, however pretty good compared to Heroes and Shadow. Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric, looks like a pretty good game with improved team-based gameplay from Sonic Heroes and Weapon and melee combat from Shadow and Unleashed. The Park Avenue ost sounds like a clip rather than a complete song, which will be released with the game, remember Sonic Colors Reach for the stars, they released the short version for the intro and launch trailer then released the full version later, not sure if they did that with Endless Possibilities for Unleashed or not. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

It could be like Sonic Rivals 1 and 2 where Eggman NEGA is the true villain disguising as Dr. Eggman. Also I've played Sonic 2006, it's a good game, not as good as its successor games, however pretty good compared to Heroes and Shadow. Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric, looks like a pretty good game with improved team-based gameplay from Sonic Heroes and Weapon and melee combat from Shadow and Unleashed. The Park Avenue ost sounds like a clip rather than a complete song, which will be released with the game, remember Sonic Colors Reach for the stars, they released the short version for the intro and launch trailer then released the full version later, not sure if they did that with Endless Possibilities for Unleashed or not. 

you liked Sonic 05?

The game that is all broken and badly coded and nearly killed the franchise?