Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, Joseph Mello said:

ok, now you're being way too dramatic and overthinking this.

The design shown were bad, but is the least of the problems and I think you are caring too much about what character people will make. If someone make a white Sonic called Cinos, whatever! Is not going to damage nothing!

Not offense whatsoever.

I think there's a reason why nobody else in the mascot platforming genre ever did this. 

It's not a smart decision and the design of characters is very important. It's one of the first things people see.  There is a reason why every character goes through major redesigns before getting to the final design. It's a very important factor and it's not to be underestimated imho. 

I'm not saying that the Sonic franchise is going to die because of this OC thing, whatever. But it's just another thing in this mess of a game that bothers me to no end. 

If they really had to put OC in this thing they might've at least make them look like characters that belonged in the Sonic world and these things don't. They look more in line with the Sonic Boom designs. And those are very western inspired designes, while the main branch has always been influenced by Japan. 

16 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Putting bland, generic, overdesigned original characters in a main Sonic game, and promoting that as a game-selling feature is not a good idea imho.

Putting Classic Sonic inside Forces IMO is a lot worse than OCs and more insulting to older fans. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Bobnik said:

Putting Classic Sonic inside Forces IMO is a lot worse than OCs and more insulting to older fans. 

Just now, Sonikko said:

But it's just another thing in this mess of a game that bothers me to no end. 

2 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

Putting Classic Sonic inside Forces IMO is a lot worse than OCs and more insulting to the franchise. 

I actually agree with this. Classic is by far the most disappointing about this game. He doesn't need to be here and adds nothing at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

I think there's a reason why nobody else in the mascot platforming genre ever did this. 

It's not a smart decision and the design of characters is very important. It's one of the first things people see.  There is a reason why every character goes through major redesigns before getting to the final design. It's a very important factor and it's not to be underestimated imho. 

I'm not saying that the Sonic franchise is going to die because of this OC thing, whatever. But it's just another thing in this mess of a game that bothers me to no end. 

If they really had to put OC in this thing they might've at least make them look like characters that belonged in the Sonic world and these things don't. They look more in line with the Sonic Boom designs. And those are very western inspired designes, while the main branch has always been influenced by Japan. 

That's true, but maybe we can customize more of what we have seen, like mouth, eyes...  Actually, the "edgy" rabbit's eyes are different from the ugly lanky rabbit from the trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Joseph Mello said:

That's true, but maybe we can customize more of what we have seen, like mouth, eyes...  Actually, the "edgy" rabbit's eyes are different from the ugly lanky rabbit from the trailer.

They actually said that there are customizable body parts. For example, you can change the way the Rabbit's ears flop. They can both be up, one can be down, and both can be down. They said it in the stream.

Just now, blazefan519 said:

They actually said that there are customizable body parts. For example, you can change the way the Rabbit's ears flop. They can both be up, one can be down, and both can be down. They said it in the stream.

@Sonikko See? Maybe we can make something more in line with what we want in terms of design. We haven't seen much besides acessories.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know what to think anymore. At this point I really hope that they've just done poor marketing and shown us the absolutely worst of what it's in the game, but I seriously doubt it.

This whole mess looks to me as if they're trying too hard to be cool and on board with the times.

originalthecharacter-853x375.png

Risultati immagini per how do you do fellow kids hipster

EDIT: Answering to both of you. Yep I'm sure that the customization is actually deeper than what they've shown, but even the design they went with for the CGI trailer is mediocre at best (and out of place). Remember when the silouhette came out with the Nintendo Direct footage and the most common critic was that it looked bland and generic?

That's a very bad thing, no character should be unrecognizable from its silouhette, it's not good design. That's not an opinion...

Especially when they're using this as a major selling point and a main game mechanic.

Don't see how that looks cool or with the times.

I wish they were being cool with the OC.
He looks lame, with the nerd glasses and generic shapeless body build.
I want Rambo Elvis the hedgehog, damnit. Not Bob the Accountant.

And besides, I would say the "Brainlessly shove in meaningless nostalgia everywhere" is a lot closer to trying too hard to fit with the times, since that's the era we're in now.
Them trying to be cool would be a breeze of fresh air.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Sonikko said:

I don't know what to think anymore. At this point I really hope that they've just done poor marketing and shown us the absolutely worst of what it's in the game, but I seriously doubt it.

This whole mess looks to me as if they're trying too hard to be cool and on board with the times.

originalthecharacter-853x375.png

Risultati immagini per how do you do fellow kids hipster

I'm pretty sure showing Green Hill as Classic Sonic's first stage is poor makerting, knowing that this game WILL have more interesting level tropes than LW.

If the wanted to try to be cool, on board with the times, the guy on the right wouldn't be there too. They made much worse and they could do much worse. They are having a identity crisis. 

17 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

while I agree with you ( because the classic sonic game that will have come out will be a better game and make the shit you put in your game look just like that by comparison) I think that depends on the overall quality of those sections, if the OC section actually is bad, it would infact be worse. 

6 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

while I agree with you ( because the classic sonic game that will have come out will be a better game and make the shit you put in your game look just like that by comparison) I think that depends on the overall quality of those sections, if the OC section actually is bad, it would infact be worse. 

While I do agree there, from what was shown, I think gameplay as OC actually looks like something I actually want to play. Then again, we haven't seen a lot of it, so might be early to tell. 

1 minute ago, Bobnik said:

While I do agree there, from what was shown, I think gameplay as OC actually looks like something I actually want to play. Then again, we haven't seen a lot of it, so might be early to tell. 

Oh god, what if its secretly really bad. 

Oh god. What if 2/3rds of this game is bad. 

18 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Don't see how that looks cool or with the times.

I wish they were being cool with the OC.
He looks lame, with the nerd glasses and generic shapeless body build.
I want Rambo Elvis the hedgehog, damnit. Not Bob the Accountant.

And besides, I would say the "Brainlessly shove in meaningless nostalgia everywhere" is a lot closer to trying too hard to fit with the times, since that's the era we're in now.
Them trying to be cool would be a breeze of fresh air.

I agree. I also notice now that the body is unisex and shapeless, like ya know, Bubsy and Awesome Possum and knockoffs like that. Where's the distinct triangle bodies for males and curvature for females? At least some of the head designs were good. And why did they start with nerd glasses as the headgear? Considering that even the concept art looks lame, have ST finally lost their character spark?

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

I agree. I also notice now that the body is unisex and shapeless, like ya know, Bubsy and Awesome Possum and knockoffs like that. Where's the distinct triangle bodies for males and curvature for females? At least some of the head designs were good. And why did they start with nerd glasses as the headgear? Considering that even the concept art looks lame, have ST finally lost their character spark?

Beacuse if they made a character that looks cool it would be even worse cuz people would complain that oh this character is overpowered and fanfiction-ish cuz nobody has a nerdy guy on fanfiction. ack nobody is happy i need some water

please E3 give me a Sonic Forces info blowout, Aaron promised new art, I want more just to make me assured that this game will be great, polished, fun, colorful, charming... Just like Mania.

4 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

I honestly don't think it looks that bad. Oh well, then.

9 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

I honestly don't think it looks that bad. Oh well, then.

Me neither. I think it looks fine. Maybe not really the best, but it passes.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Joseph Mello said:

What if the twist for Classic Sonic is that he has 3D sections.

I can see that possibility, but I would not necessarily welcome it. Classic Sonic is not something I see going well in 3D.

3 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

What if the twist for Classic Sonic is that he has 3D sections.

Then what's the point of it being Classic Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Shadowlax said:

Nostalgia?

From a gameplay standpoint.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, blazefan519 said:

Then what's the point of it being Classic Sonic?

What's the point of Modern Sonic having 2D sections? Besides, he could play kinda like Sonic Jam/Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

I can see that possibility, but I would not necessarily welcome it. Classic Sonic is not something I see going well in 3D.

Don't see how you could think that considering that 3D Classic Sonic gameplay would just be SA1 Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1