Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

So... we gonna see the Dog get a Super Form?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

is not synonymous with "edgy" and everyone's told you that hundreds of times. Just because you want it to be grimdark doesn't mean it's the series identity.

Don't assume what I do or don't want @Shaddy the guy

I want consistency and for things to make sense. That kind of remark is way too typical anytime topics of tone are brought up.

It bothers me when what you hear is contradictory to what's happening. It bothers me when you randomly have blue skies and tropical resorts in barren landscapes that shouldn't support life.

If the game is going for something more dark and serious, I want it to follow through with that idea and put in the most/best effort to showcase it.

Everything about Forces right now screams how afraid it is to be any sort of thing. It's terrified of taking itself seriously and terrified of being too lighthearted/funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

There's a difference between dark undertones throughout and dark undertones only in specific parts. 

And Sonic CD only ever has dark undertones in the bad futures...which people never really go to. Only ever seeing the effects in act 3 and only if they don't care about doing good future.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I- erm... I don't know how to feel about this announcement. Um, well at least there's something interesting in Sonic Forces now?

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Well, at least they're giving us options
C_9jw73V0AAsa3J.jpg

It has already gone too far. This is it, guys. The world is ending.

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Don't assume what I do or don't want @Shaddy the guy

I'm not assuming anything. We all know what you want, because you've been beating is over the head with it in every post you've made in this God-forsaken thread for the last five months.

• Thumbs Up 5

Ok about the rings thing. Sure Bayonetta featured them as a nod but how does that make the customizable characters not look like Sonic? Because they have a different gameplay style? I thought that's what you people wanted.

Those screen shots just look like different types of gameplay to me. There's robot's there's rings there's a bright colorful stage juxtaposed with darker lighting. It looks pretty standard to me.

1 minute ago, Shaddy the guy said:

I'm not assuming anything. We all know what you want, because you've been beating is over the head with it in every post you've made in this God-forsaken thread for the last five months.

Lets see you respond to the rest of what I said instead of taking potshots.

3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Ok about the rings thing. Sure Bayonetta featured them as a nod but how does that make the customizable characters not look like Sonic? Because they have a different gameplay style? I thought that's what you people wanted.

Pretty sure people wanted alternate gameplay styles with other characters, like Tails and Knuckles. Not this donut steel Original the Character™ nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 5

I see alot of people on YouTube and stuff saying that OC are now canon but...no?

I mean, we can customize Link's name in Zelda games but it doesn't mean that his official canon name is Potato Salad.

• Thumbs Up 7

Looking at the grapling feature anyone else secretly wish they'd just toss in Ristar?

Just now, Mister X said:

Pretty sure people wanted alternate gameplay styles with other characters, like Tails and Knuckles. Not this donut steel Original the Character™ nonsense.

Sad thing is, we can't even make our own Foxes or Echidnas to make up for that. lol

• Thumbs Up 3

Ehhhhhh I don't know what to think of this. How are they going to insert this character into the story? He/She gonna be silent too like Classic Sonic? Ugh. 

Also, the powers and abilities they have remind me of Ratchet & Clank but not as refined. Character creation also seems extremely basic (wanted to play a Husky dammit!). I commend Sonic Team for trying to please Sonic recolour fans and casuals but...I'm so mixed. I don't know if I like this but I don't hate it either. .__.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I'm being honest, I actually liked what I saw. Not the "12/10" type of liked, but "it's not as bad as I thought it would be". Wisps are still here, sure, and level design still looks too linear (and I think I saw part of the level from Modern Sonic gameplay, which is at least interesting), there are not as many species as I'd like (where's the love for foxes or crocodiles?), but the gameplay doesn't look as slow as I thought and it somehow feels like, well, Sonic for me. Then again, I like Sonic Heroes, so I'm probably just a trash eater.

The song is pure fire tho

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mister X said:

The fire concept is perfect for Blaze as others have pointed out and the tools/weapons are a great idea for Tails.

A lot of concepts are perfect for other characters really.

Just now, Detective Kaito said:

Sad thing is, we can't even make our own Foxes or Echidnas to make up for that. lol

That could be one reason on top of Penders, they don't want people asking "why not just play as Tails/Knuckles?!" basically.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know what to feel. I am afraid like never before for this game, yet... I feel... excitment. I'm suprised. And I like gamplay shown hear. And music. I will need few days to think about this boombshell... 

On the other note: The proof of alternetive routes.

alt_route.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, MudHunter said:

I see alot of people on YouTube and stuff saying that OC are now canon but...no?

I mean, we can customize Link's name in Zelda games but it doesn't mean that his official canon name is Potato Salad?

This implies that the OCs don't exist at all and that the Sonics are interacting with thin air, which is even dumber than a character creator in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Looking at the grapling feature anyone else secretly wish they'd just toss in Ristar?

That could be where they got the idea. 

1 minute ago, MudHunter said:

I mean, we can customize Link's name in Zelda games but it doesn't mean that his official canon name is Potato Salad?

Sure it is, within the bounds of your playthrough. It's like a quantum superposition, canonically it is all possibilities, and it collapses into a single one when it is observed. Link's name is (anything that can be entered in the name input screen) in a general sense, and "Potato Salad" in the specific case where someone enters that as a name.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

I've barely any idea what to make of this, to be honest. 

It's... whew.

Forces strikes me as trying really hard to appeal to every single facet of the Sonic fanbase without appearing to master any of it. I straight up didn't get even a good idea of what the hell that custom character gameplay's supposed to be, what it's supposed to feel like. It looks unfocused, which is a word I can safely use to sum up the entirety of the game so far. We've got: 

• Boost for Modern fans
  • Classic to miss the point for Classic fans
  • Potentially darker setting and narrative for SA fans
  • DeviantArt for those fans
  • Grappling Hooks for... the Boom fans? I guess?

It's nigh blatantly just trying to appeal to everyone without taking care as to how they do that, hence why Classic is still Modern Sonic with no boost and spindash rather than actually being Classic Sonic action, for instance. 

It's bloody weird. I'm not even 100% against the idea of a character creator, since it's fucking dumb, but it's fucking hilarious too. But I'd echo earlier sentiments that it probably belongs in a spinoff, not the next main bloody Sonic game. 

Blimey. This thing's a doozy, innit? 

What bothers me is how SLOW it seems Classic Sonic moves compared to this OC character and Modern Sonic which is all the more emphasized in the OC reveal trailer.

"You're too slow!" comes to mind every time I see that clip of Classic Sonic going through the loop.

WELL, THIS EXLODED REAL QUICK. Seriously, Aaron, what the fuck is the timing on these news releases? Some random fuck off Tuesday?? Like?????

Anyway, here's my opinions from Twitter:

The custom character can use Wisps and its gameplay looks literally just like Sonic Colors and THE PARK AVENUE THEME HAS VOCALS YOU GUYS. There's a lot of options!! Tons of different choices for gloves and clothes and animals! I genuinely like the character creation aspect and I think it works really well with the "join the resistance" theme. Kids are gonna love it! I'm gonna love it! Griffin McElroy already promised there's gonna be a Sonic Forces Monster Factory! The Wispons look fun and Custom's gameplay basically just looks like refined Colors and I dig that! Aside from Classic Sonic's gameplay being uninspired, having bad physics, and being totally unnecessary, I'm hesitantly excited for Forces again. I actually can't believe that there's a character creator in a Sonic game. It's so weird and different and I love it a lot.

The character creator has only made Classic Sonic’s inclusion feel less inspired and more superfluous. The Modern and Custom Hero gameplay looks like a return to Generations and Colors respectively and Classic’s physics are still, bad. We’re already getting an incredible Classic Sonic game this year he doesn’t need to be here just give me 100% Modern and Custom gameplay.

Honestly though, I just, want, to play as Tails. Tails’s whole thing is literally gadgets and technology. Sonic Team doesn’t like him, I think. At least I can play as him in Mania! Larry's leaked story summary that says Tails's whole thing in this game is that Sonic goes missing and Tails gets depressed and gives up until the Custom Hero ('Buddy') finds him again. I don't like that. Tails being independent and coping with Sonic’s potential loss is literally his entire arc in Adventure 2. Tails saved all of Station Square from a giant missile by himself in Adventure! I just wanna hug Tails and maybe play as him. Buddy is literally what Sonic calls Tails, it's frustrating. Iizuka doesn't like Tails at all, huh?

But also, seriously, VOCAL THEMES ARE BACK AND THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE BREAKCORE J-POP. BLESS.

• Thumbs Up 4