Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Actually I just noticed that if there's no water, where are all the choppers coming from? The choppers would be kinda contradicting the new take with GHZ?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Joellui said:

Actually I just noticed that if there's no water, where are all the choppers coming from? The choppers would be kinda contradicting the new take with GHZ?

what-the-hell_4.gif

Hold up, this bro has a point...

Shouldn't they be skeleton fish robots instead?

I mean, no water so... They dead.

2 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

or...y'know...they're machines.

I'm guessing it's a Pokemon kind of thing going on.

Badnik used Splash! lol

...Sand splash? I dunno, whatever.

I wonder if this is all we'll see of the damaged Green Hill for Classic Sonic or if it's possible there are multiple acts for each zone for every playable character.

2 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

I wonder if this is all we'll see of the damaged Green Hill for Classic Sonic or if it's possible there are multiple acts for each zone for every playable character.

I...

Kind of hope that in each act for both versions of Sonic, the zone looks worse and worse, like the plants die off and everything...

But uh...

You know, just a dream.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Choppers stuck flopping around on land to both give starting players an easy enemy to beat and show how green hill zone is different would be neat.

BUT Y'KNOW SONIC FORCES EHEHEHEHE

original.jpg

In Arnold Voice

"Quick!! Run From Da Choppaaaaah!!"

Also Josh it would show how twisted Eggman was to give so little about his own creations in the aftermath of his destruction if his machines were trapped helplessly like that.

One positive I will give is that I am thankful that Dimps are far, far away from this. The Street Fighter and Xenoverse games are great, they should keep making those instead, because Sonic just isn't their forte. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

So we're just gonna pretend that the Advance and Rush games were absolutely terrible now just because of Unwiished and Sonic 4?

Yeah, that's definitely fair.

You would have a point, execept no one said this. In my opinion, they have made four generally solid games, with the rest not really being worth mentioning. 

I still stand by the opinion of Advance 3 and Lost World 3DS being completely awful, though. Some of the worst level designs I have ever seen in a video game, and I've played some shit games in my day. Yikes. 

• Thumbs Up 3

So for the music

1.Other Classic stages won't have similar music to GHZ

2.The music isn't finished yet

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Where are the tiny animals that should pop out of the badniks?

C-R_DOEXUAEJj95.jpg

They're dead now

• Thumbs Up 8

I really hope those annoying "helper" springs and extra boost pads etc are part of some kind of easy/action mode akin to the recent Mario games and their horrid hand holding mode for oversimplified platforming, which is meant to combat different people's idea of difficulty.

If those are all part of the standard version of the level..then I dont know what to think really. If thats the case then yet again they are using band-aids on bullet holes, and trying to cover for their own failings at capturing proper momentum with their own game engine, as well as forcing a false sense of speed and progress on the player by giving them less overall control.

I can't speak for everyone but I enjoyed controlling Sonic, mastering his momentum, physics and platforming. Not being pushed along by boosters often, and forced up in the air by a hidden spring that seems to strategically located at every potential spot where platforming and my own reaction timing comes into play and I should be jumping myself.

Thank goodness I have Mania to fall back on. Sonic Team should be taking away more from Mania than the Drop Dash that's for sure >.<'

• Thumbs Up 4

Is there a chance for the Green Hill music to be updated pre-release as well? Not a fan of it. At all. 

Would not surprise me if Sega decide to delay the game to fix some of the complaints made so far. 

Some of that zipper shit really is not necessary, the physics look improved in some aspects. Removing control from the player annoys me in games, especially in this franchise...

• Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

So for the music

1.Other Classic stages won't have similar music to GHZ

2.The music isn't finished yet

Wait, did i miss something? There's going to be more old stages returning in Forces?

3 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Wait, did i miss something? There's going to be more old stages returning in Forces

But don't you get it? This is not a sequel to Generations. 

Brand new experience guys. Yep.

Despite my problems with this, still believe I will enjoy the game to some degree..

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

But don't you get it? This is not a sequel to Generations. 

Brand new experience guys. Yep.

Despite my problems with this, still believe I will enjoy the game to some degree..

What's the problem here? Sonic Forces is a brand new experience that takes inspiration from Sonic Generations. Which is really all anyone wants when then talk about wanting to see a 'Sonic Generations 2' being made.

19 minutes ago, Tenko said:

I really hope those annoying "helper" springs and extra boost pads etc are part of some kind of easy/action mode akin to the recent Mario games and their horrid hand holding mode for oversimplified platforming, which is meant to combat different people's idea of difficulty.

If those are all part of the standard version of the level..then I dont know what to think really. If thats the case then yet again they are using band-aids on bullet holes, and trying to cover for their own failings at capturing proper momentum with their own game engine, as well as forcing a false sense of speed and progress on the player by giving them less overall control.

I can't speak for everyone but I enjoyed controlling Sonic, mastering his momentum, physics and platforming. Not being pushed along by boosters often, and forced up in the air by a hidden spring that seems to strategically located at every potential spot where platforming and my own reaction timing comes into play and I should be jumping myself.

Thank goodness I have Mania to fall back on. Sonic Team should be taking away more from Mania than the Drop Dash that's for sure >.<'

I hope not all levels are like that, heck, is even Sonic 4 as bad in that sense? We don't need handholding or tutorial levels for everything if you ask me. Look at the Genesis titles, once again, but for most new to Sonic even the first levels can be challenging.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Wait, did i miss something? There's going to be more old stages returning in Forces?

He said Classic levels as in Classic Sonic's stages in the game...I don't think there's a reason to assume he meant that there's gonna be older stages aswell lol

For the hidden springs, I think ST put them on purpose to punish the player for not jumping at the right time imo. 

Atleast that's the impression I have.

22 minutes ago, Kintor said:

What's the problem here? Sonic Forces is a brand new experience that takes inspiration from Sonic Generations. Which is really all anyone wants when then talk about wanting to see a 'Sonic Generations 2' being made.

My issue is everything Sega have said thus far has gone against their statement of a 'brand new experience' except for this new character. Green Hill. Boost and Classic gameplay pretty much screams Generations 2. 

To add to this though, I did want a Generations 2 which improved onthe predecessor gameplay wise. But Sega themselves can't seem to clearly describe what this game is meant to be 

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I understand why they took the approach they did with the sand.  Sonic Team want the game to reflect Eggman's negative impact on the planet, but they don't want the whole game to look grim, destroyed and downbeat.  They probably want to avoid criticism of being excessively "edgy," but there's also the fact that it would be a bit dull and un-Sonic-like to have a whole game of grey, brown and fire; even Sonic CD only gave you Bad Futures by default every three acts (though its Bad Futures were still individually very creative and colourful for all that).  So the compromise Sonic Team came up with was to take out the water in Green Hill Zone and replace it with sand; the change is clear and conceptually negative, but doesn't detract from their ability to make a bright and colourful zone that feels like the Green Hill we know.

The fact that Green Hill is looking a bit hackneyed now is in a sense an unfortunate coincidence, I think.  Were it not for Mania, this would only be the second time in recent years we'd had Green Hill reused, with the last time being Generations, so we'd see it as more clearly a homage to Generations rather than part of a trend.  Mania, which began development after Forces, also because of its theme was pretty much obliged to use Green Hill Zone, though, and was lucky enough to be able to reveal it first, but the cumulative result is that GHZ feels overused even though I don't think that was ever the plan.  If Mania had revealed its GHZ after Forces, it would have been the one to get the flak, but in reality there just happened to be two more nostalgic throwback games being developed at the same time.  Even so, though, Forces should really have used Emerald Hill; granted, the two are by design not that different, but as an effective Generations sequel they have the clout to use Green Hill's "sequel."

• Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

My issue is everything Sega have said thus far has gone against their statement of a 'brand new experience' except for this new character. Green Hill. Boost and Classic gameplay pretty much screams Generations 2. 

To add to this though, I did want a Generations 2 which improved onthe predecessor gameplay wise. But Sega themselves can't seem to clearly describe what this game is meant to be 

I think that you need to read between the lines a bit more. Sega doesn't need to spell out that this is a kind of 'Sonic Generations 2' when that's what many gamers have already been asking for. It's expected that Sonic Forces should look a lot like Sonic Generations, since that's the winning formula.

The marketing is more like: "Sonic Forces is a brand new experience [that is also basically Sonic Generations 2] releasing in 2017 for all major platforms".

Shouldn't be any grounds for confusion here.

5 minutes ago, Kintor said:

I think that you need to read between the lines a bit more. Sega doesn't need to spell out that this is a kind of 'Sonic Generations 2' when that's what many gamers have already been asking for. It's expected that Sonic Forces should look a lot like Sonic Generations, since that's the winning formula.

The marketing is more like: "Sonic Forces is a brand new experience [that is also basically Sonic Generations 2] releasing in 2017 for all major platforms".

Shouldn't be any grounds for confusion here.

True. Gamers did ask for that a lot. And I'm happy that they are making a spiritual sequel. But that's not what my problem here is.

It just doesn't look like a brand new experience. At all. The only hint that they gave that this was a sequel was through that teaser and the following trailers. Iizuka urged it was a new experience though. Like he didn't want us to believe it was a sequel. 

You may be right though in what they are making here, but Sega can be more clear with the marketing side of this game.

I don't mean for this to turn into an argument. As that's not what I want. :):)