Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

I don't know why but this trailer didn't make the game as exciting as the other trailer. However I am excited to play the game. 

About Green Hill Zone, I think GHZ needs a vacation, don't you think?

1 hour ago, Soni said:

Oh hey, Nick Robinson some more details.

=

Three of those I'm happy about.

The other just has the already disgruntled side of me screaming at the top of my lungs for an explanation that I know I won't get. 

I like Silver's personality but I can't help that the first thing that comes to mind whenever I see him is the fact that him being around makes no sense. Even when I know I shouldn't care, I do.

• Thumbs Up 5

6 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Honestly, I'm willing to give Forces a pass on reusing Green Hill for two reasons:

1) It's an anniversary game, guys. It's kind of expected at this point, even if Mania's doing it, too.

2) They seem to be doing something new with it this time, what with the sandfalls and whatnot. I think Forces is taking standard Sonic Zone tropes and doing new twists on them (For instance, the city has some Classic-esque hills, not to mention the destruction and fire) like Mania's doing with its returning Zones. And as long as this Green Hill has something to make it stand out from the dozens of other iterations, I can't really complain.

Can we stop using the "it's an anniversary game" excuse whenever they pull the nostalgia card? It's bad enough people are using it to justify Classic Sonic's inclusion in this game.  I'm sorry it doesn't justify it especially since in the last Sonic Team game we had a Not!Greenhill Zone. Lost world was literally filled with nostalgia it's been done to death and I'm ready for them to move on instead of relying on the past. 

• Thumbs Up 9

Dear Sonic Forces,

Seeing Green Hill return ONCE AGAIN, especially that particular section, isn't giving me much to look forward to. Like, at all. Neither is 'Silhouette the Feline' as the new (possibly customisable) character on the block. And I'm not normally one to write off a Sonic game way before it's release. But this just seems really... uninspiring. The ultimate 'play-it-safe' game from SEGA and Sonic Team. Guess I'll wait to see what E3 has to reveal for this game, but man... I'm just not feeling it now.

[Insert obligatory "At least there's still Mania" line here.]

1 minute ago, Miki said:

I don't know why but this trailer didn't make the game as exciting as the other trailer. However I am excited to play the game. 

It's because you knew what to expect when Sonic Team brought him into this game.

1 minute ago, Miki said:

No, at this rate, GHZ needs to be condemned. The fandom has developed an allergy to it. And about the new character, the silhouette looks a bit unnerving.

lol It may be because I'm slightly sadistic, but I love seeing everyone getting so riled up about this game. I mean, there was really nothing that I saw that made me go, "oh, well that sucks." Maybe Green Hill, but it's a staple. I would have been more surprised had it actually not have been there. But it's whatever, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

But aren't you excited. Don't you remember how AMAZING Sonic Colors was and still IS. It is the game that brought Sonic on the RIGHT track after all. You just need to get with it maaaan.

What is this meme even? Who the fuck even says this anymore ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Already did. 

No but really, posting for lulz but it's genuinely, 100% relevant to the discussion that's going on right now. It's this thread summarised into a single image with hardly any hyperbole. Much as I do love to wind people up when I think they're being dumb and/or too sensitive, this is actually not one of those times. 

1 minute ago, Tornado said:

If they had put Sonic Generations intro cards on that trailer, I legitimately wouldn't have known enough to tell.

Honestly, during the Direct I actually thought they were showing Generations footage since there was no Classic Sonic Forces footage yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

I did notice the trees and greenery looking really simple in the modern gameplay, but I just thought it was a draw distance thing and they weren't too noticeable anyway so I didn't care too much but looks like it might be a deliberate decision. 

So what, is this anniversary a celebration of all the different art styles Sonic has had so far and now they're sticking them into one game? Looking at modern and classic gameplay back to back is so damn jarring.

8 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Honestly, I'm willing to give Forces a pass on reusing Green Hill for two reasons:

1) It's an anniversary game, guys. It's kind of expected at this point, even if Mania's doing it, too.

Being "expected" doesn't make it any less stupid that we are basically drowning in GHZs. At this point it's really just more proof that this series is creatively dead, with nothing left to it but desperately playing the nostalgia card over and over again.

Just now, Dr. Chaotix said:

Three of those I'm happy about.

The other just has the already disgruntled side of me screaming at the top of my lungs for an explanation that I know I won't get. 

I like Silver's personality but I can't help that the first thing that comes to mind whenever I see him is the fact that him being around makes no sense. Even when I know I shouldn't care, I do.

Time travel happened. We already knew that when we first saw Classic Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Soniman said:

What is this meme even? Who the fuck even says this anymore ? 

Aren't you one of the people who still holds Colors as one of the best games in the series and still continuously defends it?

1 minute ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Aren't you one of the people who still holds Colors as one of the best games in the series and still continuously defends it?

You make it seem like it's a bad game tho. I mean not liking it fine I understand everybody's criticisms but it was successful for a reason. 

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, Stritix said:

LN3zJ69.png

Top is Generations, bottom is Forces.

The forces one looks like clay

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Josh said:

Can I ask that we don't devolve into scrutinizing people for liking Sonic games again

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

You make it seem like it's a bad game tho. I mean not liking it fine I understand everybody's criticisms but it was successful for a reason. 

I'm actually not scrutinizing (for once :V), because I know how much he loves Sonic Colors and how much effort he's put into defending it. I never even said it was a bad a game either.