Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Im not trolling

That sounds bad, i wanna play as more people than sonic and that alternitive is worse

It was simple and to the point and unless a mod actively calls me out, i dont need you curating my speech.

I'm not curating anything. All I'm saying is if you're gonna call out an idea as shit, at least discuss about it and explain your viewpoint rather than just "it's complete shit".

And for the record, the idea isn't that bad an idea, considering it would actually add a lot more to a potential Generations 2 if we had multiple Sonic's with different playstyles. Like Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions for example. Maybe Modern has 3D boost gameplay. Classic has 2D classic gameplay, Dreamcast would have Adventure type gameplay, another Sonic could have Rush gameplay etc? 

Like I get if you don't personally like the idea or whatever, but calling it a shit idea without actually explaining why you think it's a bad idea just doesn't add much, and isn't even constructive to the idea, especially one that could actually add something cool to a potential Gens 2 if this is what it's actually meant to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Im not trolling

That sounds bad, i wanna play as more people than sonic and that alternitive is worse

It was simple and to the point and unless a mod actively calls me out, i dont need you curating my speech.

Then let me, a mod, call you out. Contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way the first time instead of only calling something "shitty," actually explain your point of view. This isn't hard seeing as how most everyone else in this thread has been capable of that. If you can't do even that much, don't post in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm not curating anything. All I'm saying is if you're gonna call out an idea as shit, at least discuss about it and explain your viewpoint rather than just "it's complete shit".

Maybe instead of jumping into an argument just because someone made a terrible post, just move on with the discussion.

10 hours ago, KHCast said:

The quills are a problem? And his eyes are a problem? I thought they looked perfectly fine.:/

IMO his quills have this kind of bulbousness to them from some angles, and I don't like how much they flex mid-quill.  His eyes, more of a preference, but I don't like how they seem to (opr actually do?) emit light.  

9 hours ago, Scar said:

From what I understand, it was a dated and limited engine to begin with. Or it is at the very least outperformed but modern licenced graphics engines. Wouldn't mind seeing a Hedgehog Engine II building on and refining the original.....but the brains behind the engine (Yoshihisa Hashimoto I believe) left to Square Enix and left there to work on another engine.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Kind of?  It uses light fields for its global illumination, which means it can't be applied to dynamic lights.  It's hard to make a real comparison of how efficient it is.  It produced good results, but was probably going for more than the 360 and PS3 were capable of.  

I'm not even saying that idea is what I ideally want, lol.

It's more of an "I can totally see it ending up this way from what we've seen" kind of thing. And I think it would be a decent compromise for "no friends, just Sonic".

I'd rather just have other characters as my alternate character options, but I have to admit, I wouldn't mind a whole bunch of Sonics as playable characters if it meant playing as the Werehog again or something, only in a more traditional Sonic level.

Ok then, you have brought upon yourself

Captain bring down:

Video games are more than their mechanics, aesthetics play a large part for me as to why I like and enjoy them. And in these aesthetics there are themes and these themes send messages they communicate to the player and experience a whole world along with those mechanics. Theme, aestetics, they are important to me. Its why I hate lost world, but lets stop shitting on lost world. 

That idea, the multiple sonic idea, I hate it. Hate is strong, lets go with, im not fond of it. Because that theme, thats a theme that do not wish to persist in sonic. Which is " if you meme, its true" that communicates the idea that despite people showing active interest in other characters to the degree giving them money through products, they have no actual value. Not because they have no value, because memes said they dont. Therefore they can't be playable in a 3d main sonic. Despite active interest shown, the internet litterally showing active interest through insane mod download and YouTube veiwing numbers of such modded content. But no, memes said they are shitty so they are shitty.

And that would be the message it communicates. And i have an active interest in, not that. And that would communicate to me " they dont care about what you like go play another game, there is no hope for you getting anything you want ever" and I would kind of just bow out. And I dont want to do that, because I think sonic is pretty cool, but if some is not and problably will not with any of its products try to appeal to me, why give money to it.

So, that idea to me sounds shitty.

On the bonus of all that, on top of all that, the game could just be garbage. There is a decent chance of it, which would make that hypothetical shitty situation worse.

Along with the idea already communicated that modern sonic cant function with out his classic variant.

Im not...pleased with that idea. Not into it one might say. Little turned off you could say 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Video games are more than their mechanics, aesthetics play a large part for me as to why I like and enjoy them. And in these aesthetics there are themes and these themes send messages they communicate to the player and experience a whole world along with those mechanics. Theme, aestetics, they are important to me

I mean, I agree with this. Very strongly, actually.

But after knowing what I do of the game so far, having multiple Sonics with slightly altered playstyles, sounds cooler than having just Classic and Modern.

Of course, I'd still prefer more characters, but I feel like they would have shown that off instead of Classic Sonic if they wanted to convey that we are getting that.

1 minute ago, ChikoLad said:

I mean, I agree with this. Very strongly, actually.

But after knowing what I do of the game so far, having multiple Sonics with slightly altered playstyles, sounds cooler than having just Classic and Modern.

Of course, I'd still prefer more characters, but I feel like they would have shown that off instead of Classic Sonic if they wanted to convey that we are getting that.

I'm pretty against having multiple playstyles I was not a fan when they did it in generations, or unleashed, or adventure and it just made each of those games worse than if it have just been purely sonic. it just never really went well to me.  I really want to play as other characters but I don't want those charcters to change the game more than they did in sonic 3 or rush or advance.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Green Eyes said:

The Sonic Unleashed opening shows Sonic interacting with the world in a much more complicated way than he does in the game, well just about any CG most likely including this one.

That said, it was mainly BlenderMania's "Both Sonic's accelerate with a blue trail therefore both of them boost." I find a bit a tenuous.

Honestly though, aside from running around the surface of a robot and punching through some of the enemies...everything else normal Sonic does in that cut-scene is what he can do in game: Boost, homing attack, drift, and run on walls...all those abilities. That's solid enough, mang.

No need to disprove things with lesser factoids, only absolutes.

5 minutes ago, Sam Sanderson Sandleberger said:

I'm pretty against having multiple playstyles I was not a fan when they did it in generations, or unleashed, or adventure and it just made each of those games worse than if it have just been purely sonic. it just never really went well to me.  I really want to play as other characters but I don't want those charcters to change the game more than they did in sonic 3 or rush or advance.

I'm not suggesting these alternate Sonics be anymore of a deviation than Tails and Knuckles in S3&K, though.

Keep in mind the Werehog and Classic were in Runners. They still played very similarly to Modern Sonic.

13 minutes ago, Sam Sanderson Sandleberger said:

Technically outside of (arguably) gamma and big adventure 1 characters played relatively similar to each other with just having slightly different movesets (pretty similar to the classic games) with a different objective other than simply getting to the end so if you just took those and made them playable in normal levels with some slight tweaks to keep them from being broken it could still work.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

Technically outside of (arguably) gamma and big adventure 1 characters played relatively similar to each other with just having slightly different movesets (pretty similar to the classic games) with a different objective other than simply getting to the end so if you just took those and made them playable in normal levels with some slight tweaks to keep them from being broken it could still work.

To me even knuckles went too far. When I talk about their playstyle I am putting the level design into the equation.

14 minutes ago, ChikoLad said:

I'm not suggesting these alternate Sonics be anymore of a deviation than Tails and Knuckles in S3&K, though.

Keep in mind the Werehog and Classic were in Runners. They still played very similarly to Modern Sonic.

If the deviations really are that slight it will just be even sadder if they actually wen't with having a team of sonics instead of other characters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So, how likely is it that we'll get a vocal theme this time. I kinda miss those, we haven't had one since Sonic Colors.

• Thumbs Up 2

As a big Sonic Adventure fanboy I would like to see multiple characters return. to be honest, an adventure full of different Sonics, while interesting, will make the character color palette kinda bland and not interesting. I would rather see Blue, Yellow and Red rather than different shades of blue, you feel me?
I wouldn't say that if they did make a game with multiple Sonics it would be a bad game, no, not at all, I would still play it a lot, its just that I think that the Sonic Friends route is a lot more creative in that regard, especially since they were gone for a looong time. 

• Thumbs Up 6

9 minutes ago, nikfan said:

As a big Sonic Adventure fanboy I would like to see multiple characters return. to be honest, an adventure full of different Sonics, while interesting, will make the character color palette kinda bland and not interesting. I would rather see Blue, Yellow and Red rather than different shades of blue, you feel me?
I wouldn't say that if they did make a game with multiple Sonics it would be a bad game, no, not at all, I would still play it a lot, its just that I think that the Sonic Friends route is a lot more creative in that regard, especially since they were gone for a looong time. 

I agree, but again, it's a case of me having more reason to believe they are actually going with the multiple Sonics route than the multiple characters route.

Because the only other confirmed character that might be playable is Classic Sonic. If it was Tails or Knuckles, I'd be thinking differently.

7 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Ci5LfZAWgAEq1fm.jpg

Isn't it taken from this?

Eh...I do hope they don't reveal Boom Sonic as the (final) part of the resistance.

It's bad enough that Classic Sonic is involved showing that SEGA isn't confident of Modern Sonic standing on its own two legs despite having Sonic Mania, but adding Boom feels like adding insult to injury for being another clutch esp. with the stench of failure the Boom games not too long ago that have sunken Sonic's reputation even lower. It'll definitely reduce much of the game's appeal if he gets involved and makes up the rest of the 'resistance', making it an All-Sonic Squad with the friends toss aside for cheerleader duty yet again.

Also, it just complicates the story even more if time traveling (again, which is one thing I'm already worried about and becoming a tiring plot device at this point for this series) is part of it with Classic Sonic showing up and now shoehorning multiple dimensions with Boom Sonic just makes it sound even more of a cluster f*ck.

So again I'm hoping the stupid sub-franchise Boom doesn't get involved with this and that Tails, Knuckles and others get more involved.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmmmm, was the Sonic Dimensions rumor ever officially de-confirmed at any point? The one involving Sonic crossing over with fellow classic SEGA IPs, cause this could turn out to be up its alley.

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

So, how likely is it that we'll get a vocal theme this time. I kinda miss those, we haven't had one since Sonic Colors.

Actually more likely given that I don't think a whimsical orchestral theme will be enough to match with the more dire setting 

• Thumbs Up 8

I do hope that even if the other characters aren't playable they still get to contribute to the story. It's not like they need to have a major Avengers-esque battle sequence for that to happen (although I wouldn't be opposed to one). It could be stuff like Tails sabotaging Eggman's weapons so that Sonic has a fighting chance against them, Knuckles holding off hordes of robots so that Sonic can focus on fighting the boss, Amy evacuating civilians during a battle, Sonic getting into danger only for Shadow to show up and bail him out with Chaos Control at the last second, Rouge breaking into one of Eggman's strongholds and stealing a Chaos Emerald while Sonic creates a diversion, or the Chaotix's investigations turning up information that's crucial to defeating Eggman. Y'know contributions. Things that let the cast assist Sonic by using their specific skill sets to accomplish tasks that he couldn't instead of acting like glorified cheerleaders.

• Thumbs Up 7

Anyone with a twitter account want to try asking aaron, gene or iizuka if the game follows the boost style of gameplay. I think a lot of this speculation should and can easily be put to rest :)

Just now, Riverstone said:

Anyone with a twitter account want to try asking aaron, gene or iizuka if the game follows the boost style of gameplay. I think a lot of this speculation should and can easily be put to rest :)

They're not going to reveal stuff through Twitter. 

Very interesting to see Iizuka and Gene heavily emphasising that it's not Generations 2. Can't wait to see just what they mean.

The teaser pretty much confirms it's boost gameplay. Might be a cg video, but boost, slide and quick step are all shown. Doubt they'd show them if they weren't going to be in the game itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Detective Shadzter said:

The teaser pretty much confirms it's boost gameplay. Might be a cg video, but boost, slide and quick step are all shown. 

So is a roll and some mid-air charging spindash, though. I mean you're probably right but I think there's room for speculation.