Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

55 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

A winding road vs a straight road really makes no difference.

I think it sounds dull as dirt, tbh.

Well I think soinc resistance sounds as "dull" as sonic adventure or sonic unleashed but those still sound nice and role off the tounge. Sonic resistance doesn't.

Sonic revolution does sound way catchier but I think we can do better.

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

The one involving Sonic crossing over with fellow classic SEGA IPs, cause this could turn out to be up its alley.

I hope not. i was looking forward to that and I'd be fine with the release date if this was the case.

That image is only as hardcore edge as the person imagines it to be, however the real darkness there is that modern Sonic T.H. is missing some grey, probably got burnt off by the fire.

Everyone's assuming the tone's gonna be on the level of '06, but I just don't see it, too many smiles going on and even the giant doomsday robots have a cartoony look to them. I'm expecting Sonic Colors' tone with a hint of SA1, or a Marvel comic.

• Thumbs Up 4

I hope people know I was joking, I myself don't see it as grimdark and edgy. Dark, but not grimdark.

Lil' Sonic's presence pretty much confirms it will have plenty of levity, and he even still makes goofy retro sounds. And when Modern Sonic gave him the thumbs up, you could even hear a cartoony "ding" sound.

So I think it will be a lot like Unleashed. Cartoony and goofy most of the time but it has a prevalent crisis and the characters eventually have to get more serious.

On 7/23/2016 at 6:24 PM, Gabe said:

Let's not do this please.

The Sonic series has toyed with many different things over the years, and as a result, people in this fanbase will want different things out of the games. And Sonic's not unique to this, it's the same situation inside other franchises, though some fanbases will be more unified in their wants than others.

If you're excited for the new game and want to be positive. Fine. You do you. Don't tell other people how to feel though or shame them from doing so. Because believe it or not, some people don't care for the (implied) boost gameplay, the (seemingly) darker narrative, or the presence of classic Sonic in this particular title. (And IDK about you saying "people are pissed" about Mania; from what I've seen, most people who did want classic gameplay are absolutely stoked for that game.)

We're fans of the series, but we're not devouts.

Calm down.  I wasn't shaming anyone.  It's just something I've noticed mainly with the Sonic fanbase, and honestly I was annoyed by it.  I was just bringing light to how some people get nit-picky and negative with any new game in the series just to be nit-picky and negative.  I was trying to keep my post positive about the whole ordeal, and give others a reason to be positive as well.  It was in no way intended to be a negative post.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

How does everyone feel about the name, "Sonic Resistance"?

It's pretty decent to me.

This game looks pretty exciting! Have to admit though, the only bump I hit in the teaser was when I seen Classic Sonic, and I know I'm not the only one saying that.

Well, that and the fact that we seen 'from the writers of Colors and Generations' (something like that), I wasn't a fan of either stories. However, I too got the Unleashed vibes from this game. It looks like it's going to be really good.

I'm always enthusiastic about Sonic games and usually end up liking them either way (besides Boom), so of course I'm already pumped for this!

Kinda looks like Eggman has quite the upper-hand this round, I seen someone saying that they're excited to see Sonic struggling. While I can't completely agree, I do enjoy the feeling that the story will be good. Love those serious-toned games, leave the joking around to Boom.

But I'm a little bummed that SEGA was talking about having a whole new Sonic experience and even saying that it's not a sequel, but still thinking this is Generations 2, it's only because of Classic Sonic.

1 minute ago, Blacklightning said:

This is another thing that bothers me too, just the fact that Iizuka immediately had to clarify that this isn't a Generations sequel when they could have billed it differently in the teaser to start with. If you don't want people to think it's a sequel to a completely different game then don't reveal it exactly the same fucking way, fffs. I really wanna just smack Sega's marketing team over the head with a broom right now.

As of now vague statement like this mean almost nothing to me and really it changes nothing. For all we know all that statement means is that it has a different name.

Just now, ヒーロー said:

Well, that and the fact that we seen 'from the writers of Colors and Generations' (something like that)...

It said from the people who developed Sonic Colours and Generations, which by extension also includes Unleashed and Lost World...they didn't mention writers, mang.

3 minutes ago, ヒーロー said:

This game looks pretty exciting! Have to admit though, the only bump I hit in the teaser was when I seen Classic Sonic, and I know I'm not the only one saying that.

Well, that and the fact that we seen 'from the writers of Colors and Generations' (something like that), I wasn't a fan of either stories. However, I too got the Unleashed vibes from this game. It looks like it's going to be really good.

I'm always enthusiastic about Sonic games and usually end up liking them either way (besides Boom), so of course I'm already pumped for this!

Kinda looks like Eggman has quite the upper-hand this round, I seen someone saying that they're excited to see Sonic struggling. While I can't completely agree, I do enjoy the feeling that the story will be good. Love those serious-toned games, leave the joking around to Boom.

But I'm a little bummed that SEGA was talking about having a whole new Sonic experience and even saying that it's not a sequel, but still thinking this is Generations 2, it's only because of Classic Sonic.

They didn't say anything about the writers, just the development team (a.k.a Sonic Team). I think they just said that to distance the game from Rise of Lyric.

e77b1b60cb1d77dc204a5847b8a9bf08.png

2 hours ago, ChikoLad said:

And for the record, when Classic Sonic showed up in the Generations teaser trailer, he was running on a completely straight road.

Another important thing to note is that at the end of the Sonic Generation teaser trailer, both Classic and Modern Sonic surge forward in a sort of "boost" motion (at about 43 seconds), even though Classic Sonic didn't have the boost in the actual game.

• Thumbs Up 4

Apparently getting called a nickname even once is a trigger for the Eggman supremo, usually he's got better control of his temper...if not for the occasional tantrum.

47 minutes ago, Tomzilla98 said:

Another important thing to note is that at the end of the Sonic Generation teaser trailer, both Classic and Modern Sonic surge forward in a sort of "boost" motion (at about 43 seconds), even though Classic Sonic didn't have the boost in the actual game.

What's more important is that all he does in this video is start running faster. In the latest video he does it with the distinct boost shockwave accompanied by the blue blue aura. If they weren't trying to tell us that classic sonic has boost they are doing a terrible job with this trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Which brings me a new question of why classic Sonic is in this game if he already has a fundamentally huge change to his gameplay by adding the boost,  it just seems redundant 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

Which brings me a new question of why classic Sonic is in this game if he already has a fundamentally huge change to his gameplay by adding the boost,  it just seems redundant 

Because people like classic sonic and they found a way to put him in the game. Many people will be happy if they can just use a classic sonic skin and a spindash.

I already posted my thoughts on this on a status but I'd thought I'd share this here: 

I am not against classic sonic being in this game. I just think it's a bit too soon for them to be bringing him back ya know? The last Sonic Team game was Sonic Lost World and before that was Generations so seeing another classic/modern team up this soon feels like it's losing it's charm of what made it special even if it's not going to be them going through previous levels.

I know this is too early for me to judge but it seems like with Classic's inclusion it's just going to be another Sonic only game once again. I just think it's gotten to the point where Sonic Team are really paranoid about having other people besides sonic being playable and tries to treat that as innovation. With Unleashed the appeal was that it was just sonic but he also transforms into a werehog. Colors was just sonic but now he has wisp who's abilities feel more akin to what sonic friends are known for. Generations was now you can play as 2 sonics. Lost World was just Sonic again and with this is going to be another Sonic. I just want to play as the friends again in a main series title. SatBK got it right with the friends they played similarly to sonic but had something unique about them to make them feel different enough, same with the Advance Trilogy and Sonic Rush. The friends don't have to have a drastically different gameplay to contrast to the high speed/platforming gameplay. Thee's a reason why people excited for playing as Tails and Knuckles in Sonic Mania I just think that it's long overdue.  

Minor thing if it is going to go back to the boost I'll be kinda disappointed. I think that there was still so much that could of been done with the parkour mechanic. It's just Lost World was playing it safe with it instead of going all out with it. I mean the boost is good and they might improve upon the flaws people had with it but idk. 

And just for clarification I don't automatically think that the game is going to suck or be underwhelming because of this I'm sure the game will be fantastic not best game ever but a game that's worth the wait considering this has been in development for who knows how long. I'm not too excited or too disappointment in it since it was just a CGI trailer and it's hard for me to judge a lot of stuff so who knows. All I hope is that this game was worth the wait and I hope nothing but the best for the franchise. 

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Sam Sanderson Sandleberger said:

Because people like classic sonic and they found a way to put him in the game. Many people will be happy if they can just use a classic sonic skin and a spindash.

Those guys already have Sonic Mania to enjoy. Why can't Sega work on a game that is purely just Modern Sonic?

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Because they don't know how to make a modern game that's good and more than an hour long.

Sonic Unleashed says hey. It's more than an hour long and ignoring the critics, people regard it as a good game and the one that got us out of the dark ages.

• Thumbs Up 6

Unleashed is one of those games that people started saying it's a good game until the last couple of years. It's the reverse effect the Sonic Adventure games had. 

• Thumbs Up 2