Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

3 minutes ago, Soniman said:

you realize the D6 arent the only enemies in SLW right? Its mainly badniks, you know, enemies that fit with the Sonic asthetic?

Yes , i've played it. Unfortunately. However the deadly 6 are the thing that was being pushed into the forefront of everything in that game, and bad boss fights. Just because they aren't the only enemies doesn't mean they can't be criticized, it also doesn't mean  that can't be overall Representative actually bad character design. And bad visual design. 

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Pfft and I even remember when people foolishly pointed at Colors and screamed "Mario clone!" That was also an equally dumb phase.

Its much more applicable here, considering IIRC mario was actually more of an inspiration for the game 

Potential for selective memory and bias aside, you do realize that thanks to 06, Sonic games have had much more trouble getting nearly as much indubitable hype so by default, regardless of what you thought of the trailers, no duh games after 06 didn't get as much insane hype as the game that made the series into a flammable media target.

Yes

I still lost world is a worse video game. 

Doesn't mean I think 06 is a good video game. It doesn't mean I think 06 was the best thing to ever happen to sonic ever, I think lost world is worse, and you can argue that. 

Image result for j jonah jameson you serious gif

"You serious?"

Yes and I didn't have to use laughing gifs either  to try and downplay your point. 

Naw, I mean seriously brah! I get liking 06 and all man, but claiming that, well...... 06's visuals were color dulled, rather boring and man those humans designs absolutely shat on whatever the Adventure games had going for them! Sonic and company too were looking worse for wear to boot. No denying that 06 in the conceptual and visual departments hosted a big departure from the series' usual style and tone.

Yeah, I still like parts of that more than lost world

Lost World, isuals wise is comparable to the classic era, hell, has throwbacks galore to the classic era. And Sonic 's model has so much more life breathed into him there than his stiff puppet like model animations in 06's cutscenes and gameplay, let's be honest.

Lost world is a poor mans approximation of the classics, and its up being visually dull Also yes the animations are better than sonic 06. Because sonic 06 is a game that came out in 2006 and lost world is a game that didn't come out in 2006

There's no shame in admitting that a game made years after 06 had plenty of time and tech upgrades to make a more vibrant and lively looking game than 06.....even if we didn't factor in how content-bankrupt 06 became thanks to its rushed development among oh so many over problems.

Looking vibrant doesn't mean visually interesting, it means it looks vibrant. Sonic lost world, graphically looks fine, it should. Sonic is a big franchise people spending money on it, doesn't mean it looks interesting.  

The rushing was bad, was apart of the reason that game came out was bad.I still find more things in that game that I like than lost world. 

Mario looks cool. I mean when i saw this at e3 i was like.........................well its something i guess @.@ oh well I can also say its colorful i mean bright bright

Then we have what 06 was.

Holy shit. Talk about being hyped for this. A new direction, a new style. Looks like flipping final fantasy!! The hype train left and did not stop

I am talking about first impressions not what was cause yes we can all agree 06 was a broken mess. But lord if I was not screaming all day for the 06 trailer

• Thumbs Up 3

I do think that the Nakamura motion capture shot was of the new character. Classic is not only basically restricted to old poses, but is also a little short. And since it was announced early on that the new character was there, I can't imagine it would be a Chip-clone character. (And not Boom Sonic either, Izuka did mention there only being two of Sonic somewhere)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

(And not Boom Sonic either, Izuka did mention there only being two of Sonic somewhere)

Do you have a source for this?

5 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Woops , just saw the mod thing

Eh for me all Ill say Im glad the director of 06 is making this and involved. I think he needs a comeback and this is another shot at at darker sonic story. Noting grim but just more action based. Im amazed people get so salty in discussions.

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wait Classic Sonic is restricted to old poses?

That doesn't really work...he doesn't have many "action poses"

I find it interesting that the background on Sonic Forces kinda looks like it's from SLW yet the foreground feels like Sonic Unleashed. If they continue to try to mix the 2 styles together I'd be happy with that.

• Thumbs Up 5

So back on the topic of STRICTLY FORCES less we bring upon the anger of a mod reading our stuff.

When do you think we will get the next gameplay trailer or a teaser of the new character. Cause honestly i dont feel like waiting all the way to e3 for at least a teaser.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

So back on the topic of STRICTLY FORCES less we bring upon the anger of a mod reading our stuff.

When do you think we will get the next gameplay trailer or a teaser of the new character. Cause honestly i dont feel like waiting all the way to e3 for at least a teaser.

I think that if not E3, it'll be on the release of Mania, or like a week before. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone think we may get some form of multiplayer again? I do miss proper multiplayer (like Sonic 2 or Adventure 2) but I wouldn't say no to 30 second trials again.

About the whole motion capture thing being potentially used for Forces...

Isn't that a cheaper way of animating?

No, not really. The whole process is really expensive. The suits, the cameras, the technology, how easy it is to mess up. Having to hire an entire crew just to take care of it, then cleaning all that stuff or moving it, etc. Tons of game use it if they want more realistic animation, but the cost for it to acually look good is pretty high and requieres a lot of editing anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

No, not really. The whole process is really expensive. The suits, the cameras, the technology, how easy it is to mess up. Having to hire an entire crew just to take care of it, then cleaning all that stuff or moving it, etc. Tons of game use it if they want more realistic animation, but the cost for it to acually look good is pretty high and requieres a lot of editing anyway.

I figured it was cheaper than doing everything by hand on a computer...

It's a shock SEGA is being so frivolous with Sonic again if that's the case after the past years of being essentially a cheap...

That's too derogatory... I'll just say good on them for putting money back into Sonic again.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Does anyone think we may get some form of multiplayer again? I do miss proper multiplayer (like Sonic 2 or Adventure 2) but I wouldn't say no to 30 second trials again.

It was already confirmed that Forces will only be a single player experience, no multiplayer whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, Soni said:

It was already confirmed that Forces will only be a single player experience, no multiplayer whatsoever.

This would require very expensive online servers.

1 hour ago, Soni said:

That stinks, not even local multiplayer is being considered.

Spoiler

And I don't think I can accept playing as Green and Red Robo Sonics again.

After seeing that internal hell of a discussion, I'm suddenly glad a tornado hit my city and the power went out for a day. But since we're actually talking about what this chat was made for, I can actually comment now! So the Motion Capture thing, that's interesting. I actually had no idea that unleashed used that and was only familiar to Adventure 2's and 06's take. If they can make it just as fluid as Unleashed then I'd instantly fall in love. Colors, Generations, and Lost World's cutscenes weren't bad, but just felt incredibly more stiff in comparison. Also, has it been confirmed that the pose is for the new character, if so I am a little bummed by that. I looked and immediately thought Silver and was about to get instantly hyped, but now it seems more like false hope now. RIP me.

Anyway since we're all feeling jolly, let me ask a question for you guys. Do you believe the character will be on the Forces of Good, or the Forces of Evil. If that pose with Shun being Sonic and the other being the new character is true then that may lead me to believe that they're good. Also, do you think the character will be one and done, like Chip? Or become a staple, like Silver and Shadow. I honestly believe that they're going to be a staple character. For every anniversary game we've had, there's always been a new staple character. Shadow for Adventure 2, Silver for 06, and Classic Sonic for Generations (even though he's technically not new).

Spoiler

but i wasnt kidding about the tornado thing. my neighbors house got fully wrecked and there's supposed to be an even worse one tomorrow. so i quite possible might die, not that any of you care though

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

For every anniversary game we've had, there's always been a new staple character. Shadow for Adventure 2, Silver for 06, and Classic Sonic for Generations (even though he's technically not new).

Are we ready to count Classic Sonic as a staple character? Forces is only his second game (where he's specifically "Classic Sonic" and Modern Sonic is the "real"/main Sonic, so I'm not counting Mania), and I can't see them relying on this "hey guys Classic Sonic is here too!" gimmick for any longer, considering how stale it already feels.

Anyway my money's still on the "new" character being old/future Sonic, and if that's the case I'm sure he'll still be a hero and I wouldn't expect to see him beyond this game.

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Are we ready to count Classic Sonic as a staple character? Forces is only his second game (where he's specifically "Classic Sonic" and Modern Sonic is the "real"/main Sonic, so I'm not counting Mania), and I can't see them relying on this "hey guys Classic Sonic is here too!" gimmick for any longer, considering how stale it already feels.

Anyway my money's still on the "new" character being old/future Sonic, and if that's the case I'm sure he'll still be a hero and I wouldn't expect to see him beyond this game.

The fact that he's even in this game gives me enough reason to believe they'll try to milk Classic Sonic as much as they can, just like they do with the Boost Formula. Is he going to appear in every game? No. But Silver has been delegated to the side-games ever since 06, so they might just do the same with Classic Sonic as well (already in Runners and Dash, so it's only a matter of time).

For the new character thing. If they specifically told us, "new character" and if they honestly think a slightly older Sonic counts as a new character then we're gonna have some issues. At least put some effort into the thought process of what a new character even is. But, this is Sega, they're prone to dumb and outright insane decisions, so who knows? I'm still hoping for something completely new and fresh though.

3 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

The fact that he's even in this game gives me enough reason to believe they'll try to milk Classic Sonic as much as they can, just like they do with the Boost Formula. Is he going to appear in every game? No. But Silver has been delegated to the side-games ever since 06, so they might just do the same with Classic Sonic as well (already in Runners and Dash, so it's only a matter of time).

Silver was in Generations, remember. Also the Rivals games, which are like, second-tier games compared to mobile games being third tier at best, maybe fourth. Classic Sonic might stick around for when they want to pad out a large roster of characters but I'll be surprised if they try to keep him a major character beyond Forces.

10 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Silver was in Generations, remember. Also the Rivals games, which are like, second-tier games compared to mobile games being third tier at best, maybe fourth. Classic Sonic might stick around for when they want to pad out a large roster of characters but I'll be surprised if they try to keep him a major character beyond Forces.

Well, everyone was in Generations (except Big and Omega who were just trophies RIP). I did forget about Rivals and Colors DS which is my bad, since they do mark Silver's first encounter with the main crew and him meeting Blaze again in Colors DS. I do think Classic Sonic will still be around though. He hasn't been around as long as Silver so it isn't as easy to make a comparison, but he is still considered his own character. While I don't like comparing Sonic to Mario, it could just be a Baby Mario scenario. Baby Mario is just Mario as a Baby, but is still considered his own separate character, despite him only appearing in one Mario game, that one game being a spin-off itself. Now he's just about in every Mario side-game ever.