Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

1 hour ago, SpongicX said:

I thought Tails was a bit too smug, careless, and unlikable in the beginning, by using Sonic as a guinea pig, and showing no concern or apologies for Sonic's injuries, but the rest of the episode made up for it. Tails really redeemed himself in that episode, by going so far to fixing his mistakes, even at the risk of being trapped alone with Sonic in an alternate plane of reality.

I thought the same way about Tails and Sonic's friends - yes, friends. Emphasis on the word 'friends' - treating Sonic like he's not worth caring for (during his experiments). Though, I did like it when Tails decided to go looking for Sonic (unlike some people - Amy especially - who gave up on him) and brought him back; I still don't like how Tails and Eggman were treated in this episode. Yeah, it's definitely Tails' fault for doing something that Sonic made him do, and Eggman is definitely to blame for Sonic ending up somewhere else (despite the fact that Eggman, from Sonic's memory, had NO PART in it).

2 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I thought the same way about Tails and Sonic's friends - yes, friends. Emphasis on the word 'friends' - treating Sonic like he's not worth caring for (during his experiments). Though, I did like it when Tails decided to go looking for Sonic (unlike some people - Amy especially - who gave up on him) and brought him back; I still don't like how Tails and Eggman were treated in this episode. Yeah, it's definitely Tails' fault for doing something that Sonic made him do, and Eggman is definitely to blame for Sonic ending up somewhere else (despite the fact that Eggman, from Sonic's memory, had NO PART in it).

I still don't understand what you have against everyone in that episode, especially with  Amy... The gang weren't intentionally trying to harm Sonic, they were just helping Tails with experiments, and trusted that Tails knew what he was doing. It's not like they held Sonic against his will to do it. Judging by how Sonic was ready for Tails's final attempt at the experiment, despite all of his injuries, it heavily implies that Sonic was willing to partake in the previous failed attempts. Sonic is a thrill seeker, and not even injuries will have him stop. The gang had fair reasons to seem annoyed with Tails at the beginning. Tails's experiments were massive failures, and hurt Sonic in the process, yet Tails is being oblivious to what Sonic has been through. Tails didn't show any concern for what Sonic went through, and kept boasting and bragging about his experiment. After 3 failed attempts, it's no wonder the gang gave a "half hearted" applause, because Tails was expecting them to praise him for his experiments. What did the gang have to really be impressed by? Tails also got pretty defensive over their sarcastic applause. He was practically expecting them to praise him, yet got mad when they didn't. They were clearly energetic for the past 3 experiments, but 3 failures in a row took a little faith and enthusiasm out of their viewings on Tails's experiment. Notice how when Tails actually got it right, the gang shows more interest. Sticks still looked unsure, but that fits her character, since she's a paranoid conspiracy nut. Amy showed how impressed she was over seeing Sonic move so fast, that we was in two places at the same time. If the characters really didn't care, they would have sighed and yawned, even after Tails's experiment finally worked. They didn't though, they gave Tails their full attention when they saw the experiment finally work. 

The only slightly bad thing Amy did, was get upset at Sonic for scuffing her skates. That was just for the sake of throw off humor though. Amy didn't give up on bringing Sonic back, what could she have done? Amy isn't an inventor, she doesn't have a magical time machine that can prevent Tails from building his speed enhancing device. You can't blame Knuckles, Sticks, or Amy for assuming Sonic was disintegrated, they're not scientists like Tails, and don't understand physics as well as he does. It's easy for television audiences to know what happened, because we saw it from both sides. We saw what actually happened to Sonic, yet we also saw what everyone else on the other side saw. You can't expect characters in TV shows to see only what the TV audiences can see, just because we saw Sonic warp into another reality, doesn't mean that Amy, Knuckles, Tails, or Sticks were able to see it.  Amy feared Tails killed Sonic by accident, and instead of scolding him like Knuckles did, or calling dibs on his stuff like Sticks, Amy tried being more mature about it, and not play the blame game. Amy tried being supportive, shewas mislead into thinking that Tails was in denial over supposedly killing Sonic, and she tried comforting him. When Tails points out that Sonic is still alive, and he may be able to communicate with him, Amy gives a look of excitement. Don't act like Amy didn't care for Sonic in this episode. If Amy really didn't care about what happened to Sonic, she would have had a bored as heck look on her face, but you could see a big smile on her face when Tails mentioned how they may be able to bring Sonic back. She was also the only friend of Sonic's to mention how good it was to have him back also.

When a character does something you might not get, instead of automatically getting offended or annoyed over it, you should instead think to yourself of possible  good reasons why a character did what they did, instead of automatically judging a book by it's cover. Body language, voice tone, and motifs are important to look for in entertainment, in order to fully try understanding what the writers were going for. If you can't think of one positive thing to come out of Amy's actions in Alone Again, Unaturally, than I fear you either aren't looking hard enough, or are refusing to like anything she does. At least try and think deeply over why a character possibly did something you don't understand the reason for, and if you can't come up with a good thing, then you can have every right to express your disliking. 

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I bet that the next episode (Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er) will be rightfully heartbreaking and heartwrenching (with Sonic and Tails being brothers as well as friends). Eggman would probably pester Tails into capturing Sonic. Tails is torn with this, but goes along with it anyway, just to shut him up. When that happens, Sonic is understandably upset with Tails. Tails rescues him, they defeat Eggman and the duo talk it out. Tails apologises for what he did, and asks for forgiveness and to start talking as friends again, to which Sonic replies, "We'll see". Tails repeats Sonic's words, and the episode fades to black.

What do you think? Is it good? OK? Too dark and upsetting?

Dude lighten up. It's just a show you should really just relax.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was actually suggesting what the episode (Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er) would be like, SRB2. I haven't seen the episode yet.

And, SpongicX, from what I can remember, no one cared about Sonic saying 'no' to most of Tails' experiments and winding up injured from them, Tails was blamed by his friends for what happened to Sonic (instead of Tails blaming himself and Sonic's friends comforting him and blaming Sonic for his impatience), Amy and Sticks treated Sonic as if he was dead instead of being realistically upset or in denial about it, and Eggman was blamed and tortured for no good reason.

I wrote a Blogger review about this episode and had an idea on how it could have worked, though I doubt you would be interested to see it. Hope that clears things up for you guys. :-)

19 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Eggman was blamed and tortured for no good reason.

wait.. it could be the same if we remember when Sticks inmediately blamed Eggman with the water crisis on Nutwork.. and it resulted that she was right and posibly because its kinda predicatble that Eggman is up to things..

i think it was reasonable for Sonic to think Eggman was behind of what happend to him.. he didn't remember quite well what happend before he crashed the big wall  also after Eggman discovers the truth about what happend to Sonic, he toke advatange of his absence and decides to attack the village.

and tortured? :D Eggman was just scared because he though at first there it was a ghost ...

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Drawloverlala said:

he didn't remember quite well what happend before he crashed the big wall 

If that's true, then why Sonic was able to remember exactly what happened? He remembered very clearly that Eggman had NOTHING to do with what happened to him.

Just now, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

If that's true, then why Sonic was able to remember exactly what happened? He remembered very clearly that Eggman had NOTHING to do with what happened to him.

uhh i though he still didn't know what's really going on .. after the flashback he still wonders how that happend :huh: 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I was actually suggesting what the episode (Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er) would be like, SRB2. I haven't seen the episode yet.

And, SpongicX, from what I can remember, no one cared about Sonic saying 'no' to most of Tails' experiments and winding up injured from them, Tails was blamed by his friends for what happened to Sonic (instead of Tails blaming himself and Sonic's friends comforting him and blaming Sonic for his impatience), Amy and Sticks treated Sonic as if he was dead instead of being realistically upset or in denial about it, and Eggman was blamed and tortured for no good reason.

I wrote a Blogger review about this episode and had an idea on how it could have worked, though I doubt you would be interested to see it. Hope that clears things up for you guys. :-)

You are taking this silly cartoon a million percent too seriously.

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

You are taking this silly cartoon a million percent too seriously.

Maybe this cartoon is silly to the point where it is irritating, instead of enjoyable. If you like this show, then I'm OK with that. I just couldn't find many things to like about 'Alone Again, Unnaturally'. The same goes for the show itself. But that's just my opinion.

13 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Some of these Eggman bet/deal episodes are getting old. I don't like seeing the characters being suddenly dumbed down for the sake of a plot. In the end, we know Eggman will reveal he was using them the whole time.

We've seen this kind of schtick happen in the first 2 episodes, Fortress of Squalitude, Eggman's Tomato Sauce, Cow Bot, Sole Power, Chez Amy, Eggman the Autuer, Bro Down Showdown, and Designated Heroes.

I hated how the characters were, in Designated Heroes, they shouldn't have given a care about Eggman's pressure about "playing fair". Eggman never plays fair, so why do they care about Eggman's complaining? He's a villain, and has proven many times that he can't be trusted. I liked how Sticks was the only one to admit she doesn't care, too bad the others weren't smart enough to do the same.

While they are a bit repetitive and plot mandated stupidity reliant, I do at least like the idea of Eggman being savvy enough to play all of the heroes' foibles against them, eg. knowing Sonic is cocky, Amy can be easily flattered, Sticks is paranoid, ALL of them are a bit too stupid/lawful good. It helps make the two sides bounce off each other better instead of generic smash em ups (I feel like Eggman would be WAY more ineffectual and boring a villain for them if he couldn't play them like a fiddle this way), not to mention it makes their personalities matter more and pivot the plot.

I'd actually love to see other interpretations of Eggman try this, sans the whole winning the hero with just sweet talk and playing nice of course. Him knowing his enemy and playing all their vices against them (we've seen him use Knuckles' gullibility many times and Sonic's cockiness every so often but that's mostly it).

• Thumbs Up 3

And with the Cartoon Network airing, I am now caught up on this show. Now I get an hour and a half where I can look at this thread before I have to avoid it for another week. *Sigh*

Anyway, Biggest Fan was alright, but I'm really looking forward to Ian Flynn's episode. I don't think he's ever written for television before, so it'll be interesting to see how he did. I have high hopes for this one!

So, I really enjoyed the episode. Some more good fourth wall obliteration.

Ian did a great job on this one. Can't wait to see if more comes out of this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just saw today's new episode, and I thought it was decent. The set up didn't make a whole lot of sense, with Tails suddenly challenging Sonic, just because of a side comment Eggman made about catching Sonic. However, the show did a good job at acknowledging how ridiculous the premise is. Sonic broke the 4th wall and said "I'm sure the audience will appreciate that." (That's Ian Flynn's writing alright.) I liked how they informed the gang of what was going on ahead of time, and of course, Amy is the voice of reason and explains why this is a bad idea, and she was right in the end.

The scenes with Sonic foiling Tails's traps were mildly entertaining, and I liked Sonic's playful behavior about them. Although she wasn't in the episode, Zooey was mentioned in this episode. Tails used Zooey as an excuse for one of his traps for Sonic. He was making it look like he was moving barrels for Zooey, when he was just setting up a barrel trap on Sonic. What I don't get, is how the episode tried making it look like Sonic was being too over competitive in the end, yet Tails was the one who went too far. He put his friends in danger, and didn't bother letting them go when he accidentally caught someone other than Sonic, but I laughed at how Amy pointed it out in the end. It was nice to see Tails realize he left the gang behind, and went back and freed them all, in order to save Sonic from Eggman. You could argue that Sonic didn't set his friends free for getting caught in Tails's traps, but Sonic expected Tails to set them free, for getting them into that mess, but Tails forgot.

Of course, it was predictable that Eggman would swoop in and claim he was using Tails to swipe Sonic away from him, but it played out differently than I expected. Eggman didn't expect Sonic and Tails to actually make a bet over whether Tails could catch Sonic or not. When Eggman finds out midway through the episode, that's when he uses it to his advantage. The way Eggman was handled was a bit less tedious than the usual act of Eggman tricking the gang into getting what he wants, because he didn't intend for it to happen, but he made do with what he was given.  What helped this episode work out humorously, was how it acknowledges how wrong and messed up the situations were, and they played off it quite well in my opinion. I especially loved how whoever lost the bet would be forced to sing romantically on stage at Meh Burger, during Karaoke night, and I laughed when the gang awkwardly watched Tails sing. Sonic claims watching Tails sing makes it seem more like he himself lost the bet. Amy points out how Sonic technically did lose the bet, and Sonic responds with "don't tell Tails". That was a funny way to end it. 

Just now, Dizcrybe said:

Okay, does anyone know where I can see Biggest Fan? Is it on CN's website or something?

I haven't checked, but it might be.

12 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Dude lighten up. It's just a show you should really just relax.

Indeed. All these lengthy posts because of the behavior of a character is just becoming overkill.

It's a comedy show. If the show is making you laugh, then it's mission accomplished.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just got done watching Ian's Episode and I'm very impressed. I love the dialogue and interactions. 

People who like Ian's work on the Archie comics might have fun with this one. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, SSF1991 said:

Indeed. All these lengthy posts because of the behavior of a character is just becoming overkill.

It's a comedy show. If the show is making you laugh, then it's mission accomplished.

Sorry, I know I'm one of them, but I have mostly good things to say about season 2. Episode 53 was the only one I didn't care for, but the other 7 episodes that have aired so far are very enjoyable for me. 

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2/Episode 57?sort=3&page=1

For those who don't mind spoilers, here are screenshots from today's new episode I put together. 

SnapShot210_3_zps5u5bcgi6.png

Has anyone noticed how Sonic apparently has a motor scooter? This was also shown in the episode The Biggest Fan. I remember seeing it outside of Sonic's hut, when Mark was giving Sonic a back massage. At first, I figured it was Mark's motorcycle, but during the part where Mark is driving his motorcycle with Sonic, you'll notice the blue motor scooter is still out there, and Mark's vehicle looks very different. It is most likely not Tails's vehicle, since it was there before Tails showed up in last week's episode. So yeah, Sonic has a motor scooter now, that's cool. 

Episode 6 of Sonic Boom, you entertained me with jokes, music references (discount 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly', discount 'Sabre Dance' and discount 'Swan Lake') and Tails' attempts at capturing Sonic. But I have one question: why did you lie about Eggman forcing Tails to capture Sonic, to prove that he is a genius?

49 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Episode 6 of Sonic Boom, you entertained me with jokes, music references (discount 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly', discount 'Sabre Dance' and discount 'Swan Lake') and Tails' attempts at capturing Sonic. But I have one question: why did you lie about Eggman forcing Tails to capture Sonic, to prove that he is a genius?

I didn't lie, I was just misinformed. The episode's plot description was vague, and made it sound like Tails placed a bet with Eggman, since it described it as Tails tries winning a bet over capturing Sonic better than Eggman. Even the episode's title is misleading. The title implies Tails will attempt doing Eggman's job, while failing miserably, yet the bet was between Tails and Sonic, instead.

The title "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worst-er" doesn't really fit the episode's actual plot, since Tails wasn't trying to out due Sonic at the same thing, he was trying to foil Sonic, not compete against Sonic over who's better at something.

Regardless of a misleading plot description and title, I really enjoyed this episode, and was glad it was settled over a bet between Tails and Sonic, instead of being a scheme bet between Tails and Eggman.

Yeah, I enjoyed the episode quite a bit. Enjoy the writing a lot and thought it was pretty good.

The title put me off a bit, since it seemed Tails did better than Eggman, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I didn't lie, I was just misinformed. The episode's plot description was vague, and made it sound like Tails placed a bet with Eggman, since it described it as Tails tries winning a bet over capturing Sonic better than Eggman. Even the episode's title is misleading. The title implies Tails will attempt doing Eggman's job, while failing miserably, yet the bet was between Tails and Sonic, instead.

The title "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worst-er" doesn't really fit the episode's actual plot, since Tails wasn't trying to out due Sonic at the same thing, he was trying to foil Sonic, not compete against Sonic over who's better at something.

Regardless of a misleading plot description and title, I really enjoyed this episode, and was glad it was settled over a bet between Tails and Sonic, instead of being a scheme bet between Tails and Eggman.

Oh no, SpongicX. I wasn't accusing you of lying. I was just asking the episode why it lied.

So this is Ian Flynn's first episode and it was... pretty good I suppose!

The Sonic and Knuckles putting hats on Monkeys scene was hilarious. The dialogue was pretty nice, Sonic coming up with puns after escaping the traps was funny, and I also laughed everytime he gave Tails a mocking pat. Amy was alright here as well, The two birds with one stone dialogue got me. The traps were pretty creative as well, even though Sonic escaped a few of them. There were some really expressive faces. This shot here was pretty cool-

latest?cb=20161218121422

And TAILS' EARS CONSTANTLY DROOP WHEN HE FAILS LUL

latest?cb=20161218123009

latest?cb=20161218121308

Animation was quite bendy, but it was alright. Vaccum bot's design was interesting as well. It was a really nice episode dialogue wise.

And they brought back the GBU altered theme from Guilt tripping! Though there were other references that were already mentioned here...

Reminder that Ian Flynn has got one more episode written down, (no we don't know what it's called yet.) So I'm looking forward to that, whenever it airs, and the next two episodes!

• Thumbs Up 6