Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

On the bright side the Boomerang ratings have gone up compared to the last two episodes that premiered. Granted it's not something to brag about but still.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Ratings are in for "The Biggest Fan" and the CN airing.

I also got curious about Teen Titans Go's ratings, since people keep bringing it up as the reason the show gets heavily promoted so much, so I did a long Twitter thread about it. No, the show is not doing well with ratings anymore, and if Sonic Boom was getting treated better, the show would actually be getting more viewers than Teen Titans Go does!

They would never use sonic as the show to promote, they have less of a stake in that. 

DC is WB, its all fueling something else. 

I gotta say I actually didn't hate Teen Titans Go at first. I laughed more often than not. Then they started airing it constantly and the put Ben Gruber in charge as Head Writer and the show just got unpleasant.

I find it surprising I can't stand his episodes too because he created Superjail and I loved that show.

11 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

They would never use sonic as the show to promote, they have less of a stake in that. 

DC is WB, its all fueling something else. 

Okay then?

It airs on their channel.

Promote it.

Sadly, they seem to think even airing it in the first place is sufficient promotion. As if it should consider itself lucky it even gets a timeslot amid all the Teen Titans dickery.

On 12/13/2016 at 10:31 PM, SSF1991 said:

I also got curious about Teen Titans Go's ratings, since people keep bringing it up as the reason the show gets heavily promoted so much, so I did a long Twitter thread about it. No, the show is not doing well with ratings anymore, and if Sonic Boom was getting treated better, the show would actually be getting more viewers than Teen Titans Go does!

Cool stuff. Yo man, just for reference, where are sites that regularly host ratings for tv shows? Those seem to be hard to come by.

What's weird is I think the thing I'm most excited about for tomorrow's episode is just hearing Roger Craig Smith and Mike Pollock speak Ian Flynn Dialogue. I mean different format or not Flynn's dialogue should remain fairly the same.

I should really go back into putting my impressions on these episodes now that I'm quite free.

On 12/13/2016 at 8:31 PM, SSF1991 said:

So TTG is really dying, huh? Sounds like good news to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

just for reference, where are sites that regularly host ratings for tv shows? Those seem to be hard to come by.

I usually look here. For Boomerang ratings, check the comments.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/?s=sonic+boom

As a side note, the comments will only give Boom ratings on Boomerang if somebody asks for them. A guy called Mitch has asked about Boom ratings since they've started airing every week, but if he doesn't ask, you should post a comment asking about them, because otherwise they won't be displayed.

------

In other news, I am very excited for this episode! I never imagined Tails to be the manipulative one-- he usually politely tells it like it is. I think this is going to be a tough episode for him!

Out of curiosity, did Flynn ever write for an issue of the Boom comics? If so, that might give an idea of what this episode is going to be like.

Just now, antyep said:

I think he wrote the entire comic series.

No, Issue 5 was written by Bill Freiberger, and the last by him and Sam Freiberger.

• Thumbs Up 2

I bet that the next episode (Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er) will be rightfully heartbreaking and heartwrenching (with Sonic and Tails being brothers as well as friends). Eggman would probably pester Tails into capturing Sonic. Tails is torn with this, but goes along with it anyway, just to shut him up. When that happens, Sonic is understandably upset with Tails. Tails rescues him, they defeat Eggman and the duo talk it out. Tails apologises for what he did, and asks for forgiveness and to start talking as friends again, to which Sonic replies, "We'll see". Tails repeats Sonic's words, and the episode fades to black.

What do you think? Is it good? OK? Too dark and upsetting?

Yeah, you have to remember-- Boom is a comedy-focused series. It doesn't really do serious moments all that often, and when they do happen, it's not long until it returns to a comedic tone.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's a comedy show... If Tails captures Sonic he'll likely just release him directly afterwards or something. And while Sonic might be confused at first assuming Tails doesn't straight up tell Sonic what he's up to... He should regardless be fine once he knows it was just a bet/game. Sonic's a cool guy and i know I wouldn't have a problem with it if I was him.

4 hours ago, Holiday Sunshine Pipe said:

I should really go back into putting my impressions on these episodes now that I'm quite free.

So TTG is really dying, huh? Sounds like good news to me.

It's a Christmas miracle! 

• Thumbs Up 2

@MysteriousGirl 92 That's way too dark for an episode of a show like this.

Sonic isn't a brooding dick. Not particularly, anyway. Sure, he's gonna be a little hurt and confused by Tails' actions, but he's his best friend. He's gonna hear him out. 

The second he finds out Eggman was involved, which he will, boom, instant forgiveness.

Also, my GOD! @Wintermaker Promotion?! Of Sonic Boom?! Madness!

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm guessing this will be the episode shown in the season2 trailer, where Sonic falls through a trap door, and Sticks is shown with a bear trap clamped to her hair.

In that last screenshot, it looks like Amy found out Tails has been trying to capture Sonic, and she does not look happy about it.

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

In that last screenshot, it looks like Amy found out Tails has been trying to capture Sonic, and she does not look happy about it.

... am I a bad person for wanting to see Tails get smacked one by Amy's hammer? Morbid curiosity, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

... am I a bad person for wanting to see Tails get smacked one by Amy's hammer? Morbid curiosity, I guess.

Considering how Tails is being dumb in this episode, by wasting his time over a stupid bet with Eggman, I actually wouldn't mind having Amy whack some sense into him. I really hope this ends up good, because I am not sure about an episode where Tails is being so easily manipulated, in proving that he can catch Sonic better than Eggman can.

Some of these Eggman bet/deal episodes are getting old. I don't like seeing the characters being suddenly dumbed down for the sake of a plot. In the end, we know Eggman will reveal he was using them the whole time.

We've seen this kind of schtick happen in the first 2 episodes, Fortress of Squalitude, Eggman's Tomato Sauce, Cow Bot, Sole Power, Chez Amy, Eggman the Autuer, Bro Down Showdown, and Designated Heroes.

I hated how the characters were, in Designated Heroes, they shouldn't have given a care about Eggman's pressure about "playing fair". Eggman never plays fair, so why do they care about Eggman's complaining? He's a villain, and has proven many times that he can't be trusted. I liked how Sticks was the only one to admit she doesn't care, too bad the others weren't smart enough to do the same.

This new episode may have a chance to surprise me in a good way though, and I sure hope I do end up enjoying it.

Alone Again, Unaturally ended up being a good episode. I thought Tails was a bit too smug, careless, and unlikable in the beginning, by using Sonic as a guinea pig, and showing no concern or apologies for Sonic's injuries, but the rest of the episode made up for it. Tails really redeemed himself in that episode, by going so far to fixing his mistakes, even at the risk of being trapped alone with Sonic in an alternate plane of reality. I hope this new episode can give a good reason for Tails to do what he's doing, aling with redeeming himself.