Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 minutes ago, jm0364 said:

Well better get comfy cause according to the Zapt2It Schedule we're getting two more weeks of "No New Boom on CN".

Meaning this week and the week after, the episodes that are supposed to rerun on CN aren't going to be reran.

My forehead is getting sore from all the times I've had to slap it because of CN's incompetence.

They'd better make up for this like last time.

1 hour ago, SonicWind said:

incompetence

A word which here means: "it isn't one of our own IPs, so it gets the shaft."

2 hours ago, jm0364 said:

Well better get comfy cause according to the Zapt2It Schedule we're getting two more weeks of "No New Boom on CN".

Meaning this week and the week after, the episodes that are supposed to rerun on CN aren't going to be reran.

Or maybe it's the winter hiatus starting, or placeholders. Either way, disappointing for those with CN. Makes me wonder what the schedule for Boomerang is. 

All this talk about Knuckles' volcano house makes me want an episode where the gang make a house for Knuckles, (since it's confirmed that he doesn't have one, instead living in nature, something like that).

12 hours ago, Soni said:

It's more of a scrapyard than a volcanic island really but whatever. 

And I guess but yeah whatever Shattered Crystal's dialogue is pretty crap most of the time (outside of the 3 CG scenes)

I thought the third CG cutscene had awful dialogue, mostly from Sticks's ranting, and this is coming from someone who loves Sticks as a character, but my God, she was so annoying, and kept rambling on and on.

5 hours ago, Snowmmetra said:

Or maybe it's the winter hiatus starting, or placeholders. Either way, disappointing for those with CN. Makes me wonder what the schedule for Boomerang is. 

All this talk about Knuckles' volcano house makes me want an episode where the gang make a house for Knuckles, (since it's confirmed that he doesn't have one, instead living in nature, something like that).

If I recall, Bill Freiberger mentioned Knuckles may find a home in a later Season 2 episode. I think that should be fun, I even suggested they should make an episode where the gang realize Knuckles doesn't have a home, and decide to help him look for one. I love it when episode ideas I dream of actually happen in some form, even if they're not exactly how I pictured them.  

I once said it would be nice to see an episode where one of Eggman's weapons ends up shooting into space, and causes a chunk of a meteor to hurl towards them. Sonic and friends would go into space and take care of it. Oddly enough, Spacemaggedonacolypse had a similar premise, except the meteor wasn't Eggman's doing, and it was only Knuckles who went into space. Still, I got an outerspace episode, and it was decent.

I also said they should make an episode where Sonic has an obsessed admirer, who gets extremely jealous over Sonic's other friends, especially Amy. While we didn't get an episode with an obsessed lover, we did get The Biggest Fan episode, which had a similar premise, except with a nerdy male fan of Sonic's who wanted Sonic all to himself. 

I remember even suggesting they make an episode where Soar loses his job, and another where Amy gets a job as a news reporter. Nutwork featured Soar losing his job and getting it back. Instead of Amy, we got Sticks as the reporter, and I ended up thinking Sticks actually was the better choice for a news reporting based episode.

6 episodes in, and Season 2 has been great so far. It seems to keep a steady pace of topping the last episode aired in some form. Let's hope it can keep that pace, and not end up as bumpy as season 1. 

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

If I recall, Bill Freiberger mentioned Knuckles may find a home in a later Season 2 episode. I think that should be fun, I even suggested they should make an episode where the gang realize Knuckles doesn't have a home, and decide to help him look for one. I love it when episode ideas I dream of actually happen in some form, even if they're not exactly how I pictured them.  

I once said it would be nice to see an episode where one of Eggman's weapons ends up shooting into space, and causes a chunk of a meteor to hurl towards them. Sonic and friends would go into space and take care of it. Oddly enough, Spacemaggedonacolypse had a similar premise, except the meteor wasn't Eggman's doing, and it was only Knuckles who went into space. Still, I got an outerspace episode, and it was decent.

I also said they should make an episode where Sonic has an obsessed admirer, who gets extremely jealous over Sonic's other friends, especially Amy. While we didn't get an episode with an obsessed lover, we did get The Biggest Fan episode, which had a similar premise, except with a nerdy male fan of Sonic's who wanted Sonic all to himself. 

I remember even suggesting they make an episode where Soar loses his job, and another where Amy gets a job as a news reporter. Nutwork featured Soar losing his job and getting it back. Instead of Amy, we got Sticks as the reporter, and I ended up thinking Sticks actually was the better choice for a news reporting based episode.

These ideas would have been better. Somewhat better, anyway.

Also, doesn't Knuckles live in a gym or something? And as for Knuckles not having a home, is it because he's so dense that he couldn't even afford a home? I don't think Sonic and friends even get paid for saving the village, so...

13 hours ago, jm0364 said:

What about Boomerang? Are there still episodes on there?

14 hours ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

A word which here means: "it isn't one of our own IPs, so it gets the shaft."

Less incompetence a more apathy really 

It's interesting that the ratings are like the premiere, they dropped somewhere after a couple of episodes but they are back again.

2 minutes ago, Chameleon94 said:

It's interesting that the ratings are like the premiere, they dropped somewhere after a couple of episodes but they are back again.

Wasn't that the episode that sega's tumblr actually advertised?

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Wasn't that the episode that sega's tumblr actually advertised?

Yes, maybe it has something to do with that, but still their tumblr isn't nearly as popular as their facebook and twitter.

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

What about Boomerang? Are there still episodes on there?

Yup, as a matter of fact, the ratings there have also seen a boost compared to last week.

Wait. Will Knuckles' volcanic home look like Syndrome's base (from the Incredibles, the scene where Mr Incredible and Mirage are dining at the table), expect a bit smaller and more homey, like a home would be? 

On 12/21/2016 at 11:46 AM, Ryannumber1Santa said:

The fact he had to point out that Amy saw him as a piece of meat (which generally means you're an idiot who only cares about muscles) 

...What?

No it doesn't. 

"You only see me as a piece of meat" is a term (most stereotypically used by women, to men) that they only see them as the body the men find attractive.

I haven't seen the episode yet so maybe there's context I'm missing, but I assume the joke is a spin on it in the way classically oriented sitcom writers like Freiberger would spin it: that it's both funny that the man is saying it to the woman, in a classic sitcom role reversal gag, and the fact that the context is presumably not at all romantic or sexual, thus putting a second ironic spin on the usage of the old phrase.

5 minutes ago, Singapore Sling said:

...What?

No it doesn't. 

"You only see me as a piece of meat" is a term (most stereotypically used by women, to men) that they only see them as the body the men find attractive.

I haven't seen the episode yet so maybe there's context I'm missing, but I assume the joke is a spin on it in the way classically oriented sitcom writers like Freiberger would spin it: that it's both funny that the man is saying it to the woman, in a classic sitcom role reversal gag, and the fact that the context is presumably not at all romantic or sexual, thus putting a second ironic spin on the usage of the old phrase.

That joke is not from the show, it's from Shattered Crystal.

I did miss something then! S'what I get for not digging a few pages back.

Course, I haven't played Shattered Crystal or know anything about its story either, but my point still stands (minus the emphasis on Freiberger's sitcom background). The correction is appreciated, though.

1 hour ago, Singapore Sling said:

...What?

No it doesn't. 

Then I got the meaning wrong, but considering the term itself, it's still not meant to be taken in a positive manner. 

On 12/20/2016 at 10:22 PM, SpongicX said:

I'm glad there's no sign of any hiatus coming soon, and I hope it can stay that way. If CN decides to pull another hiatus out of their lazy butts, than  they should at least let Boomerang continue airing more episodes.

Dang, I jinxed us all, since CN is pulling a hiatus after New Years eve... I hope Boomerang at least can carry the show on, while CN chooses to have their ratings drop... 

10 hours ago, Snowmmetra said:

Ratings are in btw.

http://www.tssznews.com/2016/12/21/sonic-boom-tv-ratings-season-2-week-6/

CN airing: 556,000

Boomerang: 185,000

So basically what I'm getting from this is that, despite the no advertisement for the CN airings, its still doing the same amount of views in ratings as Season 1 but the Boomerang ratings are a continual low, probably due to the fact that its a digital cable channel and not allot of people have digital cable now a days. which means Season 3 can still happen so long as Season 2 finishes with about the same average as Season 1 did.

Now whats this about a hiatus?

32 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

So basically what I'm getting from this is that, despite the no advertisement for the CN airings, its still doing the same amount of views in ratings as Season 1 but the Boomerang ratings are a continual low, probably due to the fact that its a digital cable channel and not allot of people have digital cable now a days. which means Season 3 can still happen so long as Season 2 finishes with about the same average as Season 1 did.

Now whats this about a hiatus?

Apparently, this week's and next week's CN schedules don't have Boom in their timeslots, so it could be facing a winter hiatus. 

Not sure about Boomerang though. We haven't got new episode names for some time now. We'll just have to wait what happens after In the Midnight Hour airs.

I'm sure Boomerang will have a winter hiatus too if CN is getting one, Cartoon network controls all aspects of both channels (save for William's Street, which is its own thing) so they probably have plans to take a winter break until janurary, which is fine because if I learned anything from Toonami ratings is that these next few weeks will plummet ratings due to stupid Christmas and stupid family gatherings (Bah humbug!) with only a quarter of your normal viewership you might as well air holiday specials and marathons.

2 hours ago, goku262002 said:

So basically what I'm getting from this is that, despite the no advertisement for the CN airings, its still doing the same amount of views in ratings as Season 1

Nope.

Season 1 got roughly 200,000-500,000 more on average,

32 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

I'm sure Boomerang will have a winter hiatus too if CN is getting one, Cartoon network controls all aspects of both channels (save for William's Street, which is its own thing) so they probably have plans to take a winter break until janurary, which is fine because if I learned anything from Toonami ratings is that these next few weeks will plummet ratings due to stupid Christmas and stupid family gatherings (Bah humbug!) with only a quarter of your normal viewership you might as well air holiday specials and marathons.

I doubt that's the case, since they're already letting the show hang with bad ratings, how could they get any worse? Season 1 had no excuse for it's hiatuses, since it was already confirmed that the show was finished and recorded in English ahead of time, yet France kept getting a bunch of episodes, and other regions even got English episodes before North America even. Other shows have good excuses for hiatus breaks, because they actually are giving their workers a break before making more episodes, but Sonic Boom appears to be a show where everything is made ahead of time, and released little by little. CN is just plain lazy, and doesn't give a crap about it's viewers, unless they're watching Teen Titans Go...