Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

"So first off - that Sonic Village rumor? Not true. All fake.

Second - today we want to know what your favourite kinds of ramen are.

We've got a debate going on in the office and we need you to settle them!

At this point we wonder if you can even read this - if so - you're a total nerd.

You know sometimes it's the things that are missing that are the most important.

Nintendo why did you do this... this leetspeak is killing us.

Ok we've gotta stop we can't keep doing this it makes us feel like were back in 2006 or something"

There, your welcome to all those not as nerdy as me :P

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, TimmiT said:

Ruby teasing something again in the Tumblr tags: http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/140809888383/a-little-shout-out-to-that-plumber-we-all-know

One of the sentences translates to "you know... sometimes it's the things that are missing that are the most important".

you know whats been missing for a long time now? Classic Sonic. :P

The Chao have been missing from new main games in the old Adventure virtual pet way for quite a while. A smart phone Chao raising game would get snapped up by a fair few fans I imagine.

Beyond that, if it's the Sonic Village thing we are meant to be looking at, only the proper Sonic logo is really missing that I can see. Replaced with something that would almost look at home in Sonic Schoolhouse haha

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, FReaK said:

you know whats been missing for a long time now? Classic Sonic. :P

uuh, Classic Sonic along with GHZ has been shoved in our faces for some time

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Classic Sonic was in Generations and in Runners - that's hardly a long time.

1 minute ago, Mikyeong said:

uuh, Classic Sonic along with GHZ has been shoved in our faces for some time

Sure seemed like he was joking to me, guys, what with the tongue-face and all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmm. What's been missing a while? Well many would say the Classics I imagine but let's think WHAT has been missing from the Classics. A follow up to Sonic 3? Maybe a CD follow up? Oh wait...WE HAVE BEEN WANTING THE WRONG GAME ALL THIS TIME!

sonic-3cd-k-k-o.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

Know what we are missing: a Sonic game that uses the genesis-styled gameplay correctly.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think what we're really missing here is the point: Aaron Webber is a cheeky little misfit who loves causing shenanigans amongst the fanbase. :P

• Thumbs Up 7

25 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Sure seemed like he was joking to me, guys, what with the tongue-face and all.

I'm glad at least you got it. :D

but seriously, no idea what aaron is talking about..maybe some story in sonic games? the adventure formula? an actual GOOD sonic game?

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, WakanoBaka said:

EXACTLY, ex-fucking-actly. It was so annoying, I had to cheat just so I can get all emblems. Just so play Green Hill.

Yeah I cheated also to get all emblems... however none of these were for the chao garden.

chaos are ez af to raise, just grind tails and eggman's first level and go in as sonic and shadow etc

when I read those l337 tags, and saw the line about the whole 'missing' bit, I just kind of assumed he was referencing Mario Is Missing or something, especially considering it was a post related to Mario day or whatever.

Two things came to mind that are 'missing', personally. One is the 'lost cat' they posted the other day, so perhaps there's some greater significance that got overlooked?

The other thing was more meta- Yuji Naka has been 'missing' from the series for quite some time. Maybe that special reveal could be his return to Sonic Team/ Prope becoming co-developer for the anniversary game? He is there at the panel, so... I mean, it's not impossible, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ProfessorZolo said:

Two things came to mind that are 'missing', personally. One is the 'lost cat' they posted the other day, so perhaps there's some greater significance that got overlooked?

The other thing was more meta- Yuji Naka has been 'missing' from the series for quite some time. Maybe that special reveal could be his return to Sonic Team/ Prope becoming co-developer for the anniversary game? He is there at the panel, so... I mean, it's not impossible, right?

I doubt it, he's been at numerous events over the years.

9 hours ago, ProfessorZolo said:

For that cat: Werehog is missing? Or that missing paper at the bottom?

For mister Naka... How about they develop they own Sonic game. Their own take, maybe some classic sonic. Then Sonic Team has to make SA style game that is polished and all 3 biggest fractions are happy (Clasic, Adventure, Modern). And Boom fans are geting BOTH a game and and new season of TV. Everyone is happy. 

+

#flynn4sonic #unleashed4pc 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

Werehog is apparently slated for Runners if not already in so he's not really "missing." Poster is also more than likely just a reference to the "Lost Cat" memes where there is instead a picture of an animal like a ferret or a snake.

Honestly, after every single piece of info being way too convoluted and devoid of context to actually be meaningfully solved or ruminated over like in FNAF, or an outright joke/lie, I would say don't put serious stock into anything until we actually get a trailer for a game. And even then, at this point, I'd call foul on a fucking trailer.

Hah. While I wouldn't %100 agree with this. I would definitely say that everyone here is reading way too far into it. The numbers were the focal point here, nothing else.

Any case:

And Google translate says:

Mario & Sonic AT Rio Olympic WiiU version of the domestic release date on June 23 ! Sonic is the birthday

Well, there you go. That's your 25th anniversary title /thread.

1 hour ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Hah. While I wouldn't %100 agree with this. I would definitely say that everyone here is reading way too far into it. The numbers were the focal point here, nothing else.

Any case:

And Google translate says:

I believe the date for the Wii U version was already mentioned in Nintendo's recent Direct. I'd assume it's just to tie into the Olympics, not Sonic's anniversary (despite it being released on said anniversary date).

Now if this is ALL the Wii U gets, then we'll have a problem.

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

I believe the date for the Wii U version was already mentioned in Nintendo's recent Direct. I'd assume it's just to tie into the Olympics, not Sonic's anniversary (despite it being released on said anniversary date).

Now if this is ALL the Wii U gets, then we'll have a problem.

But the Wii U already had Lost World, an olympics and Boom.

1 hour ago, shdowhunt60 said:

phoenix-headshake.gif Pessimistically jumping the gun there. A more accurate translator than the likes of Google translator, reveal that he's just making a note that this game will release on June 23rd, which if you've done your research, you'll recall is literally Sonic's birthday: the very release date of Sonic 1 in its debut areas of America, Europe and Australia.

It is by no means, a decisive claim that the Rio Olympics will be our sole anniversary game.