Awoo.

The SSMB 100

Patticus

I think the 4th gen is still to be seen. Now that's what I'd call overrated ;)

Really? I'd say it's just about right. I'm apalled that Gen 1 has made it this far powered by nothing more than nostalgia ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Really? I'd say it's just about right. I'm apalled that Gen 1 has made it this far powered by nothing more than nostalgia ;)

Well I personally voted for FR. I didn't take too long to make my list, just gathered a load of games that gave me a good time. It was my first Pokemon game believe it or not, and I spend hours & hours in it.

I spent a lot less time with Pearl. I'm guessing it's because they're basically the same thing with a couple of extras thrown in.

*ducks*

• Thumbs Up 1

When it comes to Pokemon,

Gen II>> Gen I > Gen III >>>>>>>>> Gen IV.

By the time I got to fourth gen, which was rather recently, I just found it pretty boring. I stopped after the second gym. The design of the new pokemon annoyed me since their unvielment and couldn't stomach playing the same game basically for the fourth time already. Maybe sometime I'll get back to Platinum, but I just found it quite repetitive to try and finish it.

But nothing beats Gale of Darkness as best pokemon game, though!

From the last list, I was hoping Yoshi's Island would place higher. It's such a gorgeous game. Tetris also consumed many an hour from my life.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't understand how anyone can call it underrated when it spawned a legion of cringeworthy yaoi fanfics, cosplayers in tacky cosplay, and people who randomly stick japanese words into their sentences. Overrated would be a more apt phrase in my opinion, but I'd better stop now before I start ranting, or I'll be up all night typing it on my phone.

Passing all that idiotic shit aside which is not at all a fault in the game but rather in humanity itself, FFIV is actually a pretty good game, especially compared with the other titles at the time. Sure, it shares a lot in common with 6 in terms of setting, etc. but that doesn't change the fact that the game was some /amazing/ stuff when it came out, and ignoring it on this list would be gaming blaspheme.

Grandia will always be my favorite PSX (Saturn?) RPG though. :P

Oh and, Gen IV>> Gen I (remakes) > Gen II >>>>>>>>> Gen III.

• Thumbs Up 1

lolreplyingtothisthreadforthelastdayihaveinternetsonvacation.

Seeing this list though and the heavyweights it has seriously dampened my hopes of seeing the ever awesome BlazBlue on this list ;-;! To those who didn't vote it, I hope the squiggly gets you xD! I'm actually just sad it'll be another week before I can see the full list.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lots of great games but only one or two that I voted. Metroid Prime was on my list yes, one of Gamecube's greatest offerings and a truly stunning experience for all of us who enjoy atmospheric exploration. I can't remember if I voted or not for Melee but regardless, I do still find it the most enjoyable fighting game I've played.

Seeing gen 1 pok

• Thumbs Up 1

I have now officially given up hope on seeing any of my beloved Monkey Island games on this list. Seriously guys, just the one Lucasarts adventure? No Day of the Tentacle either? You guys make me sad.

Woo for Super Mario Bros. and Final Fantasy 7 though, that brings my additions to the list up to 5.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice. A bunch of my games made the list since I last checked. I'm unsure if that's good or not, because those games were almost guaranteed to get up there anyways. There's just a few games you expect to be at the top. Our list is like that, just with more Sonic.

Starfox 64 was my #19. Starcraft #21. Link's Awakening #8. Sonic 3 was #23. MGS3 was #17. Sonic CD #14. Metal Gear Solid was my #1, because this game really changed the way I thought about games when it came out. I hadn't played anything like it. Link to the Past was #8, and Pokemon Gen 1 was #10. My list is pretty synced up to the full list, games I voted middle are in the middle.

As for FFVII - it is a tad overrated. It was cool back on the PS1, but looking back it was just another RPG. One of the best of its time, but it's really been played out with all the spin-offs. And Pokemon Gen 1 is the best, people. Gen 2 was a mess. IMO.

And thinking of MGS3, I just wanna sing that song.

BUM BUM BUMP BAHH! (enter horns) What a thrill... with darkness and silence through the night. What a thrillll. I'm searching and I'll melt into youuu. What a fear in my heaaart, but you're so supremme! (kick up violins and guitar)

I give my liiife, not for honor but for youuuuu - (snake eaterrr)

In my tiiime, there'll be nooo one elllse.

Crime! It's the waaayyy I fly tooooo youuuuu! - (snake eaterrr)

I'm still in a dreaaam, Snake Eaaater!

I'mmmmm stilllllll in a dreaaaam, Snaaaaake Eaaaaater! - (snake eaterrr)

Or that line about eating tree frogs. This game is so funny, from the song to the codec calls. MGS is the greatest.

Edited by Badnikz
  • Thumbs Up 1

FFVII is overrated, but it's still a great RPG.

It holds absolutely NO nostalgia value for me since I only played it for the first time last year, and it's easily one of my fave FFs already.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woke up in the evening

To the sound of her greeting

Through speakers' tin bleating

It's time to see

Untied and helpless

GLaDOS made me press

The supercolliding button

It opens doors

The SSMB 100

21ST THRU 11TH

• 21 | 25 pts | Half-Life
  • 20 | 26 pts | Chrono Trigger
  • 19 | 26 pts | Kirby Super Star
  • 17 | 26 pts | Sonic Unleashed
  • 17 | 26 pts | Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • 16 | 28 pts | The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • 15 | 28 pts | Sonic The Hedgehog (16-bit)
  • 14 | 30 pts | The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • 13 | 33 pts | Portal
  • 12 | 34 pts | Super Mario Bros. 3
  • 11 | 34 pts | Super Smash Bros. Brawl

ssmb2011.jpg

Tomorrow:10-1

IMPORTANT NOTE: I made a slight error in the final tallies and have adjusted the rankings accordingly. The error was that I forgot that Sonic Unleashed and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney both sat level pegging in both points and votes, and I thus had not adjusted the ranks to fit these two occurrances. What this means is that all titles going up to joint 56th move down a point; 30th to 31st and so on. It's a minor alteration and does not affect the lowest ranking of the top hundred titles, or indeed the highest ranking games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Unleashed is all the way up here, wow. Shame Half Life is here, I was hoping to see that in the top 10 and posibly the same with portal. Sonic 16 bit and Brawl are also good ones to see up here. Can't wait to see the overall top 10 :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Portal has been in and out of the Top 10 since the start, frankly it wouldn't have taken much to put it back.

• Thumbs Up 1

How anyone can consider the first Ace attorney game better than the third baffles me, considering that the writing gets better over time. Then again, that's the thing with the public vote isn't it, nostalgia and popularity is key.

I'm glad that Kirby got this far though, he's one of those characters that fights above it's weight and wins.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well there's one of mine in there. Super Mario Bros. 3.

Spitefully I'm surprised that Brawl has missed the top ten.

EDIT: Spitefully is the wrong word. Amusingly is better. :D

Edited by Major Ziggy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Surprised Kirby got this high, but Sonic Unleashed? o.0;

Also surprising Sonic 1 or OoT wasn't... #1 xD

And YAY! Majora's Mask beat OoT! Woohoo! :D But I'm also a little disappointed that AA1 beat AA3.

I voted Majora's Mask, Chrono Trigger, Brawl and OoT. Tomorrow should be interesting >>

EDIT: Aw crap, half of the top ten is gonna be Sonic games, I just know it =_=

Sonic 2, Sonic 3&K, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2.

I'm already disappointed!!

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can see the tabloid headlines now...

SONIC FORUM IN "VOTES SONIC GAMES MOST FAVOURITE EVER" SHOCKER!

SONIC STADIUM FORUMGOERS STATE OBVIOUS, ARE SURPRISED

SONIC FORUM FAVE GAME POLL WON BY SONIC

PAGING CPT. OBVIOUS TO THE FORUM, CPT. OBVIOUS TO THE FORUM

• Thumbs Up 1

@ A while ago:

Sonic Advanced that high up? Wow. Didn't see that coming. Especially not beating Rush, either.

@ Yesterdays rankings:

Vice City beats GTA IV? Well, shit. Vice City was the only GTA on my list and I still didn't expect that.

@ Todays rankings:

Unleashed? Eeew. Pheonix Wright 1 over 3? OMG LOL. Also [controversy]Brawl?[/controversy]

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1