Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

Also forgot to mention this. 

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-04-30-mario-kart-8-deluxe-is-nintendos-first-uk-no-1-since-2011

Mario Kart 8D was No. 1 in the UK, Nintendo hasn't done anything like that over there since the Wii days. Also interesting to note that Mario Kart hasn't even been out a full 48 hours yet. Breath of the Wild also returned to the Top 5 with a 68% increase in sales week over week. Very promising. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Fun said:

Oh yeah, I'm not about to argue that the Switch is going to capture the casual demographic in the way that the Wii did. I don't know of a game console that has since- that audience is fickle. I was just saying that bit of data from Nintendo's survey isn't that useful, especially this early. 

It's true that a graph is only as good as it's sample size and methodology. I just find it interesting that Nintendo decided to publish this data at all. At a quick glance it just looks bad, a validation of what people having been saying for years about Nintendo's shrinking market share. But Nintendo's PR department is always a bit behind the eight ball, any other PR team for a major corporation would've caught this slide before it went to publication.

So like do you have some sort of hatred towards nintendo or something?

4 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Just making a general interest post in this thread. I wanted see how the news would go over here, seeing as how the graph in question was published by Nintendo themselves.

Having issues keeping my Switch connected to Wifi. When entering my router password the interface keeps asking me to re enter the password.

Is there a fix for this yet?

11 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

So Ive managed pretty good on my backlog, and I have a trip coming up this week I was considering getting another single player game for a while am out and about as I will have plenty of time to play but since we're still waiting on our version of Yooka Laylee  thought I'd ask for opinions. I am thinking probably between has-been heroes or shovel Knight I have played neither. I've considered blaster Master zero or maybe what was it monster boy. Any thoughts?

I'd go for Shovel Knight; it's generally considered to be an excellent game and one of the best pseudo-retro titles out there - and it has two alternative campaigns with a third in the works, which is pretty good value for money.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

It's his thing since back at SEGA Forums. Nintendo cannot have any victories whatsoever without him trying to mitigate them in the eyes of his peers. 

• Thumbs Up 4

10 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

His anti Nintendo bias is well known throughout the forum. Yet he'll defend Forces and it's "enormous" hype to his dying breath. 

Huh, I wasn't expecting that what with it being an updated port.

It's the definitive edition of the best Mario Kart to date on a system that almost nobody bought; these numbers make perfect sense. 

I think Nintendo figured out how to market their stuff, guys. This is a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 6

Fucking great. Really happy to see this. 

19 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Huh, I wasn't expecting that what with it being an updated port.

Because it was on the Wii U, tons of people haven't gotten a chance to play it. Mario Kart is also huge with casuals and families. 

Not to mention for those who haven't played it, Deluxe is an incredible value proposition, considering the sheer amount of content in the whole package with the additions of the DLC cups (pretty much doubling the normal amount of content normally in a MK game) and the battle mode content.

Of course, the fact that it's selling on an appealing system that is also selling like hotcakes right now helps. I imagine it'll encourage Nintendo to port over most of their first/second-party library over from the Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 2

And of course the fact that this version has a proper battle mode, does help stir the pot too.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's absolutely insane to finally see a Nintendo console with no software droughts in sight. From next month on, we're looking at a brand new first party game every month. The March launch is looking more and more like a brilliant strategy for them. I'm now a full believer in this "Soft Launch/Slow Burn" strategy that Nintendo has going on. It worked wonderfully with the DS, and I think it's going to work here too. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Amazing. Plus this is my first time playing 8 and love it. But can sales also be accounted for. 1 it simply being Mario and good. And 2 no real Nintendo games on the system outside loz.  Not counting small indies. And then bomberman. But also I would not say casuals have got a switch. I'd say it's more lifetime Nintendo fans showing tons of love. Get n or get out

Let's not forget that adding to the benefits is the multiplayer aspect of the Switch. Nintendo is the only company these days that seems to have an active interest in local multiplayer, and the Switch delivers that like no other system ever has done in the past. When you couple that with Mario Kart, success is inevitable. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah I found that it was available on Amazon decided to order that last-minute should be at my parents place this Wednesday just in time for me to have for my trip this week which would be great fun with family and friends 

I'll probably get MK8D eventually, but I barely play MK8 as well. If I had better internet I could probably have a lot more fun with it.

I'm waiting for the fall when people whine about the online charge to play inline. Won't stop sales but will be funny to hear

Things are are starting to get very interesting. 

Nintendo's site yesterday.yxbCJnL.jpg

Today.

wrkPlEu.jpg

Nintendo moved the Miitopia Direct to make room for something else. The last time they did this? A week before the latest Nintendo Direct.

Sinonobu has the proof to back it up. 

http://m.neogaf.com/showost.php?p=235413034

People are starting to speculate that another Nintendo Direct is on the way within the next week. Most are assuming it means Pokemon. 

Has it even been a month since the last Direct?  Nintendo would seem to be spoiling us, if this speculation is on the mark.

Well if it is Pokemon related, then it makes sense to have one just focused on one of their Star franchises.

Though I don't expect it to just be for one game. Except if it's for a new generation. They like bigging those up these days.