Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

25 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

By the way, the fact that the standalone dock will only be available in limited quantities has already been posted, right?

It has not. 

On 4/14/2017 at 9:17 PM, Meta77 said:

Don't just make a video- or image-only post without saying anything about it.

22 minutes ago, Sean said:

Don't just make a video- or image-only post without saying anything about it.

Ok. Boob physics. Good enough? Thanks Nintendo of Japan. Love you. Got that 90s mentality

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Ok. Boob physics. Good enough? Thanks Nintendo of Japan. Love you. Got that 90s mentality

It's the senra Karga series not noj proper

1 minute ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

It's the senra Karga series not noj proper

I meant that in the fact I'm amazed they allowed it on the switch and are testing boob physics in a direct. Trust me I know my senra waifus very well haha XD I love the series

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I meant that in the fact I'm amazed they allowed it on the switch and are testing boob physics in a direct. Trust me I know my senra waifus very well haha XD I love the series

I mean most of the series was on 3DS it's not that big a surprise and remember Nintendo co-owns that Toei horror Series. And they're trying to get as many people in the switches possible so any good third-party supporters third-party support 

23 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

I mean most of the series was on 3DS it's not that big a surprise and remember Nintendo co-owns that Toei horror Series. And they're trying to get as many people in the switches possible so any good third-party supporters third-party support 

Yea Nintendo is really going all out with the switch.

4 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Nintendo were notorious for their censorship in the 90s though?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Nintendo were notorious for their censorship in the 90s though?

We're they? I recall goldeneye and conkers fur day. They were open to it mid 90s. Early arcade ports like mortal combat not so much

6 hours ago, Meta77 said:

We're they? I recall goldeneye and conkers fur day. They were open to it mid 90s. Early arcade ports like mortal combat not so much

They also removed all the Nazi imagery from the SNES port of Wolfenstein, for what it's worth.

...also Conker's was released in 2001 =V

• Thumbs Up 1

Sucks to say, but Nintendo Switch news is going pretty much silent until E3. This happens almost every year and it's that time again. There's plenty to play in the meantime, though. This is undoubtedly going to be a massive E3 for them. I definitely think it'll be worth the wait. This year is looking to be one of the greats. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm very glad I'm not the only one who thought it would be a great idea to get a Switch. Love the console, only thing I have on it right now is Breath of the Wild, but that's fine. Don't really expect to get anything until Mania comes out.

3 hours ago, Blacklightning said:

They also removed all the Nazi imagery from the SNES port of Wolfenstein, for what it's worth.

...also Conker's was released in 2001 =V

Damn I was way off haha maybe I'm thinking Sega being more open

Yeah, no big news for Switch games until E3, but that's fine. There's a good decent amount of stuff out there now. I'll be trying to get a Switch by the end of the month, with Puyo Puyo Tetris, Snake Pass, and maybe Super Bomberman R (if I can find a decent preowned price at Gamestop) as my first games (well, other than Zelda; I got a Special Edition for that, but I bought Zelda on Wii U as well so I would be able to play it until I got a Switch).

24 minutes ago, Zippo said:

That's getting shut down by Nintendo, like, yesterday. 

I don't see how it would work at all, but they say its going up on the eShop. Like how? How would Nintendo ever agree to such a thing? It doesn't make any sense to me that he'd be saying this unless he actually got the go ahead, but I see no way Nintendo gave the go ahead.

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

That's getting shut down by Nintendo, like, yesterday. 

Plus, even if it Nintendo's lawyers can't shut down development they'll just go after anyone who tries to download it. The moment Nintendo detects the presence of that app on your Switch your Nintendo account will be banned for life.

Letting you play pc games through a browser on the switch? Haven't people learned Nintendo don't play that mess lol

9 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

I don't see how it would work at all, but they say its going up on the eShop. Like how? How would Nintendo ever agree to such a thing? It doesn't make any sense to me that he'd be saying this unless he actually got the go ahead, but I see no way Nintendo gave the go ahead.

Who says what they're saying isn't just a marketing stunt to get attention for the program so it'll get buzz and I never actually got approval from Nintendo and when it gets rejected they'll get even more favor and attention. Strikes me as a marketing ploy 

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/schedule/index.html

Actually, my previous post may be inaccurate. Nintendo is having their giant investor's release on Wednesday night and it's quite possible that we may get news there. If you recall last year, at this very event, they announced when the Switch was coming out, all of their plans for E3, the Zelda delay, and the Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem mobile games were all announced here. While not extremely likely, there's a chance that we may get some announcements here. This will be the last public event from Nintendo until E3, from what I know. 

Oh boy. We may be in for quite a week indeed. If this happens, coupled with Pokemon and Splatoon, it's literally game over for Japan, guaranteed. They'll be literally impossible to find over there for months.