Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

Yoh Jason, if you haven't heard. The forced exploration is no more, there's apparently just a linear path with collectibles from the high and bottom paths. The levels are shorter with I think 4 acts in each world and there's also 4 bosses sooooo sound any better or did you already knew that?

"Hoping for the best, expecting the worst."

^Same. I think there's potential in this part of the franchise, but I honestly doubt SEGA will be able to capture it.

Yoh Jason, if you haven't heard. The forced exploration is no more, there's apparently just a linear path with collectibles from the high and bottom paths. The levels are shorter with I think 4 acts in each world and there's also 4 bosses sooooo sound any better or did you already knew that?

Yeah. I actually filmed this before that became known. Sorry.

Yeah. I actually filmed this before that became known. Sorry.

I see, no worrys dude. Though it would've been better if you have waited but I guess you could do a follow-up video, I guess?

My sole consolation with this is that the reused resources means they can focus more time on the core game. Shattered Crystal was bland, but I think it's possible this could be pulled off right even with the tight schedule.

My main question is for the reviewers: confirmation bias being the wonderful thing it is, how many will actually give a fair score?

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, how many gave a fair score the first time? Because that'll be your answer.

Hint: it's not a whole lot

It depends weather or not SEGA gives them review copies this time around

• Thumbs Up 2

After getting some of my questions answered on the NeoGaf thread, really happy with the direction this game is going in :).

The collection system is completely revamped, with the forced collection for completing the game being gone, with that being for unlockable content to play through (the 'extra' levels and the content on the seveth island). This leads to the original games biggest problems (forced collection and short length) being solved; the former working a lot better, with it flowing like a normal sonic tittle and the latter being fixed through very replayable levels. Never got the full version for my 2DS, but the demo I played had its level being very long, so with the exploration not being forced, that leads to levels being lots of fun to explore through :D.

That alongside the fire/ice mechanic working for maintaining your speed, Amy looking fun to play as and the bosses looking fun to fight, I am looking foward to picking this up this fall :).

While I hope this E3 brings the announcement of a huge Sonic Team tittle for the series on PS4/X1/Wii U, I am happy knowing that the new Boom game will be a good game in the long run :D.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, how many gave a fair score the first time? Because that'll be your answer.

Hint: it's not a whole lot

Understandable.

Kneejerk reactions being what they are, I've always thought day one reviews probably aren't the most accurate. What is objectionable or enjoyable at first play might not be so bad once one's thoughts are allowed to settle and a more balanced judgment can be made.

Consider the case of how many have accepted the Boom designs.

just found this on my twitter account:

89817834c4d2d68992bdb7440ff6bb63.jpg

it could be fake but, I've got to admit, the title is good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it's fake. If they were really going to make a Wii U sequel, they'd still be working on it. No way they would make one in a year, especially considering they'd change the engine and have new effects, textures, and models. (Those things all change when working with other graphics engines, right?). The idea for the name at least sounds nice, but yeah I can't see this actually being a thing.

Oh and the fact that the link is hidden also makes it fake. I could use part of this link, Photoshop the image out and replace it with a logo, and change the header text by editing the HTML coding. And voila.

F8Z783M.png

Took me 2 seconds to do. If I had Photoshop I could easily change the image too. Get what I'm saying? You'd have to be desperate to fall for a "leak" like that. Not that I'm calling you out or anything, just showing how easy it is to make one of these. 

• Thumbs Up 1

just found this on my twitter account:

89817834c4d2d68992bdb7440ff6bb63.jpg

If it wasn't fake, then it would really further the really poor display of any sort of creativity by the Sonic Boom initiative.

Can't be real........

No it's not.

Yeah, that image is fake.  If someone had the time, they could scour the entire "Uploads" directory and search for it, and find that it's not there.

Anyway, sad to see a lack of Sonic at E3 this year.  Hope they step up their game next year.

So I guess Sega knew to avoid negative feedback at all costs after what happened at last year's E3. Wonder if they will even have a presence at Gamescom.

That sucks. After the Nintendo Direct, I need something to look forward to...

A lack of presence at E3 is not a sign of dedication to some other project.  In theory, E3 should not interfere with development time, since as far as I'm aware, they don't send actual programmers, but simply marketers and spokespersons, to discuss the games at the event.  The only thing we can safely assume with Sega's absence is that they will be absent.  There doesn't even need to be a reason why.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sad at all. To me (and some of you guys know too) this shows that they're taking their time to develop their games. I guess one or two months is okay until the official announcement. I mean, Sonic isn't the only franchise out there that I can enjoy.

I would have thought that it shows they want to avoid the scorn of last year for a simple cash-in game.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sad at all. To me (and some of you guys know too) this shows that they're taking their time to develop their games. I guess one or two months is okay until the official announcement. I mean, Sonic isn't the only franchise out there that I can enjoy.

Yeah, I guess. There's no point in releasing a trailer if it doesn't look good. 

So this definitely is the worst E3 in years. The only thing I have to look foward to is more gameplay footage M&L paper jam