Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

I currently have Sonic, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Yoshi, Charizard, Greninja, Mega Man and Pac-Man. Once I get Hammer Slam Bowser from Skylanders, I'll be done unless something comes along in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_nv8cj9LN691sz36jto1_1280.jpg

It's Amiibo time once again! The Mii Fighters also came out today but really I wasn't too fussed about those (plus I just don't have enough cash rn) but I'll get them sometime in the future just to get the Smash line 100% complete, maybe after Mewtwo and Falco or before if the time is right.

G&W's alt poses are kept in a similar layer of plastic similar to what the amiibos themselves are held in, so it's relatively easy to just display those poses by leaving them in there. Though actually being able to purchase official dummy stands that don't contain any NFC data to house those different G&W poses would be kind of neat, I'd assume a third party will do that pretty soon though.

(also ROB might be one of my favourites in the entire lot so far he looks so amazing nnnng)

Edited by Spinny
  • Thumbs Up 2

Managed to net the 3 pack without a preorder while in town, I love rob and only way to get him in the states. of current smash lineups only characters I'd really want would be Captain Falcon, Falco

and wolf and K.Rool if they ever happen

• Thumbs Up 1

I was able to grab myself a Dr. Mario and Olimar amiibo today. I saw the 3-pack when I went to Gamestop but unfortunately they were all on hold for those who managed to reserve them.  I'm honestly surprised I managed to get some considering the horrible luck I had with the last wave.

Just got Skylanders Superchargers Wii U- Dark Edition!

My current collection:

Mario: 'Murio (I'm giving him his USA colors)

Luigi: #1 Player 2

Link: Brave Elf

Sonic: Speed Keed

Mega Man: Unplugged

Pac-Man: Wakka-meme

Wario: DohISmashed

Silver Mario: Mechario (short for Mecha Mario)

Bowser Jr.: ClownPrinc (my kingdom for one more character)

Classic 8-Bit Mario: TiltAKart

Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong (TrboLength)

• Thumbs Up 1

When I went and bought Super Mario Maker, I bought Olimar for the heck of it. I nicknamed Olimar "Bongo," because that's what I thought he said. As for the Retro 3-Pak, I found Duck Hunt to be the hardest to come up with a nickname for.

ROB - Johnny-5, after that lovable robot from Short Circuit 1 and 2.

Mr. Game & Watch - Flatm'n, because I had to reference Homestar Runner at one point.

Duck Hunt - Laramore, because of the classic Daffy Duck cartoon "To Duck or Not to Duck," with Elmer Fudd's hunting dog referred to as "Laramore."

Well I'm back with more updates from my brother who is now referring to himself as a completionist amiibo hunter. So here's his new videos.

And my amiibo list has been updated since my brother was kind enough to buy me (Smash) Peach.

(Smash) Bowser - Bowsey
Megaman - Hikari
Sonic - Kaito
Pacman - Packy
Zelda - Tanya
Toon Link - Chan
Kirby - Poyo
Bowser Jr. - Ludwig
Dark Pit - Hiro
(Smash) Peach - Tina

Ooh, Amiibo lists!

Gold Mario: Kinkaku

Silver Mario: Ginkaku

Luigi: BananaKing

Peach: JailHopper

Bowser: MiniSlider

Toad: Fun Guy

Rosalina: Final Rush

Dr. Mario: Chill Pill

Yoshi: Soft Shell

Link: Majora

Zelda: Vanellope

Ganondorf: FoxyGrampa

Kirby: Charlie

Pikachu: Packychu

Charizard: Smaug

Greninja: Wet Frog

Zero Suit Samus: Lara Croft

Pit: Sora

Dark Pit: Vanitas

Palutena: Milla

Olimar: Spock

Wario: DISGUSTING

Diddy Kong: Kong Pow

Marth: Bucky

Ike: RadiantBRO

Robin: Nightwing

Fox: Tails

Jigglypuff: FroyoPatty

Duck Hunt: DogOWisdom

R.O.B: OptimusJr.

Mr. Game & Watch: PaperMario

Ness: PK Johnson

Lucina: Lucy

Shulk: Leif

Pac-Man: Pac-Steve

Mega Man: Calzone

Sonic: FAST HEDGE

8-Bit Mario: Picrossio

I think that's it.

EDIT: WAIT NO IT ISN'T

Inkling Girl: Natalink

Inkling Boy: Kidou

Edited by Fateful Heroine Lucina
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, funny story today...

So I was checking out my local mall for Lego Dimensions stuff, and I decided to check the EB Games which is across from the Lego Store. Despite it being two days since release, I was surprised to see like, 10 Retro 3-packs!

Nice work, Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Our Walmart had a pair each of Olimar and Ganondorf, so I bought them (one of each, not all four).  Nothing else has changed, except there are a couple of empty hooks labelled for the AC cards.  Olimar I really wanted, Ganondorf I hadn't particularly until I saw the amount of detail on him - he's suitably impressive for his villainy.

Yay! More Animal Crossing amiibo!

(Fingers still crossed for Kapp'n)

It's a good thing Nintendo is stocking more amiibo. When in doubt, I look at the Retro 3-Pack stock.

Hopefully this means more WFT, Robin, Lucina and Jigglypuff.

(And a retail store release of Palutena)

I missed the 'list your amiibo names' conversation? ;_;

I'm gonna do it anyway, all the ones I havent listed I havent set up yet. Costume is default unless I say otherwise

Mr. Game & Watch - NEIN

Mario - Bush (NES Golf colors)

ROB - Johnny 5

Link - Stink

Pit - Hiyeyeyah

Mega Man - Gravestone

Sonic - NiGHTS (purple colors)

Fox - spitshine

Meta Knight - Borb

Lucario - GenFur

Shulk - #ReynTime (Reyn colors)

Dark Pit - Pittoo

Lucina - Delicate (Lissa colors)

I still need to get a lot of them up and running but the hardest part is honestly thinking of a name that you'll be happy with keeping the entire time lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay! More Animal Crossing amiibo!

(Fingers still crossed for Kapp'n)

It's a good thing Nintendo is stocking more amiibo. When in doubt, I look at the Retro 3-Pack stock.

Hopefully this means more WFT, Robin, Lucina and Jigglypuff.

(And a retail store release of Palutena)

I'll be impressed when they finally decide to restock the Splatoon 3-Pack for a decent price.

Finally got the Retro 3-Pack! My EB Games still had like, 20 of them!

R.O.B: "Johnny-5"

Mr. Game & Watch: "Paperman"

Duck Hunt: "Ren&Stimpy"

I'm starting to run out of room for my amiibo.

vagRPj8.jpg

Sonic: Soniimiibo

Mega Man: Megamiibo

Kirby: Kabii Ku

Pac-Man: GottaGoPac

Donkey Kong: Dankey Kang

Toon Link: Bluen Link

Dedede: DonDropDat

Mario: FRANK YEAH

Luigi: WeeWii2U

Pikachu: Pigadachuh

Olimar: MLGnosescp

Bowser Junior: DongSaucer

Splatoon Sonic: Sonink

Classic Sonic got a better figure.      Dedede got sunglasses and I got the one of a kind Splatoon series Sonic that lets me play as Sonic in Splatoon.(I wish)

peMTtFH.jpg    TKSYDEZ.jpg    

I got Olimar and Bowser Junior. Mario decided to ditch being Italian and become American while his brother went into the piggy back ride business. And Pigadachuh got a job at the Krusty Krab.

FnU0UGh.jpg And they all lived happily ever after... TO BE CONTINUED

Well, since everyone else is doing it.

Sonic: Blue Blur

Mega Man: Blue Bomber

Link: Link (This was when I didn't care about nicknames :P)

Little Mac: Mac Attack

Splatoon Girl: Squid Kid

At the Target I bought the Star Wars figures for Disney Infinity 3.0, I bought Dr. Mario there. He was the ONLY character they had, and they had 80 of him to begin with. I nicknamed him Zoidberg, in red colors.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

I've got like 50+ amiibo, so I can't remember what I named all of them. XD

I know I have some obvious (and totally original) ones such as Weegee, Lonk, Teen Lonk and Helga. Oh, and Sanic, of course. Pit and Dark Pit are 'Hole' and 'Black Hole' respectively. Palutena is 'Waifu', whilst Rosalina is 'SpaceWaifu'.

Also, relevant:

tumblr_nvphhgvfrW1r05v2zo1_1280.jpg

I've got like 50+ amiibo, so I can't remember what I named all of them. XD

I know I have some obvious (and totally original) ones such as Weegee, Lonk, Teen Lonk and Helga. Oh, and Sanic, of course. Pit and Dark Pit are 'Hole' and 'Black Hole' respectively. Palutena is 'Waifu', whilst Rosalina is 'SpaceWaifu'.

Also, relevant:

tumblr_nvphhgvfrW1r05v2zo1_1280.jpg

You didn't need two asterisks for "du." Just "d" would've done fine.

You're missing part of the joke.

With both of them starred out, it can be a few more things than with just the one letter. Use your imagination. :P

So I'm actually really digging the idea of these amiibo cards, even though I have 3 GODDAMN SHARIS NOW. At least it seems like a step toward stopping the scarcity for people that are fine with just having them for their game functions. Though what I'm NOT happy about is that they're doing 3 packs still, specifically the Animal Crossing one because, I don't really care about most of the figures and just want K.K. and Nook, so I'd have to pay 35 USD just to get K.K.. By the way, if anyone in the US is interested in them, Amazon still has the Chibi-Robo and Woolly World Game+Amiibo Bundles in stock.

Edit:

Might as well link them.

Edited by Conando

I'll probably get Zip Lash, but not sure when. Would like to get the Amiibo bundle as well.

Edited by JaidynReiman