Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Currently Closed for Reconstruction

Ryannumber1gamer

But... but I don't have Rocket League ;-;

Also, that whole "race" thing that was brought up is actually a good idea. I mean, I know you guys said it wouldn't really work for Game Night, but maybe we could make a new "night" (for lack of a better word for it) or maybe do a Game Night special event for it (sort of like the tournaments were I guess)? Obviously, if this is impossible, disregard all of this, but that racing stuff does sound like it could be fun.... (especially after watching those races of S3&K and S2 that SomecallmeJohnny and BrainScratch were a part of).

• Thumbs Up 1

But... but I don't have Rocket League ;-;

Also, that whole "race" thing that was brought up is actually a good idea. I mean, I know you guys said it wouldn't really work for Game Night, but maybe we could make a new "night" (for lack of a better word for it) or maybe do a Game Night special event for it (sort of like the tournaments were I guess)? Obviously, if this is impossible, disregard all of this, but that racing stuff does sound like it could be fun.... (especially after watching those races of S3&K and S2 that SomecallmeJohnny and BrainScratch were a part of).

I think we'd do racing-specific games or etc. We want anybody with a game and console to hopefully hop on in, and while it does sound fun, we don't have the tools or the amount of attention to do it. We could totally do something like that but we all live in drastically different areas and the chances of organizing something like that is hard, very hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we'd do racing-specific games or etc. We want anybody with a game and console to hopefully hop on in, and while it does sound fun, we don't have the tools or the amount of attention to do it. We could totally do something like that but we all live in drastically different areas and the chances of organizing something like that is hard, very hard.

Yeah, that's the reason I only meant it as like a one-off thing sometime in the future. Hopefully one day we have the required stuff (GET CAPTURE CARDS YOU SCRUBS LOLLOLOLLOLOLOL)*

*jk

• Thumbs Up 1

You're talking about Supraball, right? That's it's new version.

http://supraball.net/

Looks like an interesting free alternative to Rocket League, although unlike Rocket League servers are probably going to be a hassle (Steam support is not a thing yet).

We'll take a look at it, thanks!

*Ahem*

Anyway, Announcement! Thank you for all the feedback so far! Although we aren't done collecting information, we're gonna try a event this week!

super_smash_bros_3ds_wii_u_header.jpg

We aren't just playing Smash Wii U, we're playing 3DS as well! Our event will begin at our original time at 7:30 PM EST, Saturday (Tomorrow!). We'll use this event to gauge feedback and bring the event back up to it's knees. Next week, we'll introduce a brand new time, date, and another event! We are still working on voting so expect "Rematch or Something New" to return in a few weeks time.

Smash U will last from 1-???? hours, and Smash 3DS will be ready to get some attention at 8:00 PM EST (With that ending in 1-???? hours) . If you want to host the 3DS version, let me know so we can handle it over here on the Wii U side!

We understand that this time isn't perfect and not everybody will be able to play during this time. We are still taking answers to the four questions, and having enough answers will seriously help us pin down a good time and dateFriday is looking pretty likely.

Our current line-up of games:

-Super Smash Bros. 4 (3DS and Wii U)

-Splatoon

-Pokemon X/Y

-Team Fortress 2

-Left 4 Dead 2

-Rocket League

-Supraball (Free alternative to Rocket League, currently looking at it)

-Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (PC Version is looking more likely considering it's larger base)

This is our current line-up of games we're looking into! We'll have news on how the selection will work in the future.

So, join us on 8/8/15, 7:30 PM EST (and 8 PM EST) for SMASH! I might give out something interesting if you participate. You'll see ;D

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 5

I work tomorrow until 7 PM CST (which if I'm not mistaken is 8 PM EST) and it takes me about half an hour to get home.

what do

I work tomorrow until 7 PM CST (which if I'm not mistaken is 8 PM EST) and it takes me about half an hour to get home.

what do

Estimated time to return home:

8:30 PM EST

Are we still playing Smash?

Probably

I have to go to bed early on Saturday cuz of work. But.... I will do my absolute best to attend at least one or two 3DS smash battles.

...you got the date wrong! today is 8/7/2015! Tommorow is 8/8/2015

Corrected.

Hey guys! I know nobody cares, but, I was wanting to join but just realized at the last second that I can't! why? well quite ironicly i need to wait for a recording device to arrive so I can save my replays on ssb4 so I can enable my online! (cause otherwise the update will make the replays unviewable, I'm currently on version 2, AKA Hoo-Hah/Sonic ain't nerfed edition!)

But yeah...I hope the rest of you have fun and I'd like to know how it goes! :)

But you don't need a recording device to play :/

and if your recordings were so precious you should had known about this beforehand.

If that's what you want to do then go ahead :/

considering you do smash every other week (about anyways) I don't feel like i'm missing much! but yeah whatevers! :/

Ok change of plans, I might be able to join by going to a friends house and playing on his wii! (though I will warn ya'll he is super good at smash and will probably win all the games!)...maybe. I'll go if I feel like it, otherwise I won't show up, I can't really tell now if I can/will but we'll just have to see I suppose, which is why I said maybe!

Oh and here's my responce to that "drama" thing we had going like 3 days ago, it was recorded yesterday as you can see in the video, It should hopefully confirm stuff that I think got misinterpreted, and unlike my previous video, this one is aimed directly as ssmb, so that should also be more clear. (it's unlisted for a reason!) ...And yeah there is a lot less stutering on this one, but it could still be a bit better! (the reason I didn't edit it or get a "script" is cause i'm already busy doing that for the "first profesional" video i'm working on!) Do try to watch it tho, I don't plan to do these often as that would get redundant!

oh...sorry if you don't like the thumbnail! I definetly didn't think that through!

Ok change of plans, I might be able to join by going to a friends house and playing on his wii! (though I will warn ya'll he is super good at smash and will probably win all the games!)...maybe. I'll go if I feel like it, otherwise I won't show up, I can't really tell now if I can/will but we'll just have to see I suppose, which is why I said maybe!

Oh and here's my responce to that "drama" thing we had going like 3 days ago, it was recorded yesterday as you can see in the video, It should hopefully confirm stuff that I think got misinterpreted, and unlike my previous video, this one is aimed directly as ssmb, so that should also be more clear. (it's unlisted for a reason!) ...And yeah there is a lot less stutering on this one, but it could still be a bit better! (the reason I didn't edit it or get a "script" is cause i'm already busy doing that for the "first profesional" video i'm working on!) Do try to watch it tho, I don't plan to do these often as that would get redundant!

oh...sorry if you don't like the thumbnail! I definetly didn't think that through!

Clarifying some things, the reason why we aren't presenting Skype as an option for those who want to use it is because it'll end up breaking the chat rooms between the players in the game. It'll just end up making communication as a whole more awkward because some would be using Chatzy, and others would be using Skype, and due to a lot more people agreeing that they don't want to use Skype, we decided to just make it Chatzy because in general, it's just a lot more simple and accessible for everyone.

As for what was said about your attitude, I'm staying out of this for the most part, but your posts can easily be misinterpreted as for either jokes, or for actual anger. When you type in all caps and such, it can give the impression of anger, rather than jokingly overreacting to it. Because your posts first look like anger, and from your video, it looks like you didn't mean for it to be taken like that, but when you reply back in all caps, or a bunch of explanation marks, it gives the impression that you're angry, and you're trying to shove your opinions in our faces.

Again, I don't believe you were trying to go for that, but to other people, what you meant as a joke, can easily be misinterpreted as you being angry. As for some of the other things, pretty much everything has been given a reason. Races can't be done due to the annoying set up it would require. Which I'll clarify on that. Game Night in general is meant to be as simple as possible to join in. We're very welcome to late comers and such, and we're happy to be flexable, time wise so people who can't make the start of the event can join in later.

The problem with races and why it doesn't fit into Game Night is because a race would require people to go through a set up and to get tools for it, and wouldn't allow for late comers or such, as well as other issues. Yes, races would be a cool idea, but we have to think about if it can be realistically be done, and we just don't think it can.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, races would be a cool idea, but we have to think about if it can be realistically be done, and we just don't think it can.

Actually, I think races can be done here, but I definitely don't think they can be done for Game Night. Game Night's are for everyone to come in and play. Races aren't like that, obviously, and as such wouldn't be compatible for the whole Game Night thing. However, that doesn't mean game races (think the BrainScratchComms races with the classic Sonic games) can't be done here on SSMB. I'm sure they could, but they'd have to be their own separate event. I mean, there are plenty of people who stream their games here, and there are probably more than a few who have mics and capture cards and the like.

Anyway, the point is SSMB game races can work, just not for a Game Night. They'd  have to be their own thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually, I think races can be done here, but I definitely don't think they can be done for Game Night. Game Night's are for everyone to come in and play. Races aren't like that, obviously, and as such wouldn't be compatible for the whole Game Night thing. However, that doesn't mean game races (think the BrainScratchComms races with the classic Sonic games) can't be done here on SSMB. I'm sure they could, but they'd have to be their own separate event. I mean, there are plenty of people who stream their games here, and there are probably more than a few who have mics and capture cards and the like.

Anyway, the point is SSMB game races can work, just not for a Game Night. They'd  have to be their own thing.

I didn't mean they can't work on SSMB if someone goes through the effort of setting it up, but it just wouldn't work for Game Night

Time for Rucdose to step into this debate, because I've seriously had enough of your attitude towards pretty much anything Game Night related (and before you say "mind your own business guy",  I'm apart of Game Night and I manage some of the stuff towards it, so this technically makes it my business, in a way)

We seriously don't need you to make these videos where you make our staff look like assholes and you being some misspoken hero in this whole thing by going over their comments where they provide good, LOGICAL reasons why they think you're acting like a pushy brat by forcing your opinions and trying to guilt trip people into reading/agreeing with your stuff by pulling this whole "oh wait, nobody cares lol" attitude to every post/suggestion because in reality, when you keep trying to make everyone think nobody cares, eventually they will stop caring once you've gotten to the point where you apply that sort of attitude to everything you say.

Races are a feasible idea, you just have to understand that maybe not everyone has a capturing device or a good enough PC to get that running? That and the work you have to do to make sure that each person has a good way to stream their footage on the exact same stream is really, REALLY difficult (trust me, I've tried this with a few friends in the past for SMB2 and it just completely backfired). They're just not right for the Game Night because for a event that's gonna attempt to get more and more people to join our matches and tournaments over the next few weeks/months due to low interest, we alienate our fans who don't have that sort of equipment on standby and that loses interest in the Nights as a whole.

If you and a few of some other SSMB friends wanna use Skype to talk to each other during the matches, good, that's fine, it's just that we don't want to because Skype or any sort of voice chat for that matter aren't the most reliable things in the world due to lagging and connection drops. Chatzy is what we use because even though we're more limited per say by using text only, it's easier to use something more reliable and simpler rather then having to set up a seperate Skype channel and such for the Game Night and making sure that everyone who's fighting is also in that Skype line.

I know that you've made it a point that you're also not gonna advertise your stuff in this thread anymore, but we shouldn't have to tell you that anyways because anyone in their right mind would know not to pull that crap anyway due to it being really dumb and really, really offensive to the people running this for so long. That's like going into a Super Mario thread and trying to tell them how great that Dinosaur Adventure game for the android with a rip off version of Yoshi being featured in it is compared to the thing they're actually talking about is.

Frankly, I shouldn't have to had repeated any of this because you SHOULD of got it by now, but by thinking like someone who thinks his opinions are correct and by uploading that video to try to get the last laugh and to get people to turn to your side is just more proof you don't get it. Klonoa said it would be a problem to setup races, YOU took it the wrong way and 3 days and a YT video later, here we are. You haven't listened to any of the points Ryan, Klonoa or anyone else made and you're stuck in your own little delusion that the amount of people telling you to stop while you're far, far behind on this means nothing to you.

You're wrong, case closed, end of story. But considering your track record, I just know you're already hitting record on your video capturing software or hitting reply on another post that translates to "I don't get it", so I'm gonna leave it up to you to decide whether or not you're gonna be the bigger man and walk away from this, or you're gonna stay and make another whole argument start up, because I think both Klonoa and Ryan are already tired about discussing this any further, and even after a single post, I'm sick of this too. But if you take the wrong path, that's fine too, because I definitely won't be touching your """rebuttal""" unless you try to fuck around with my friends again.

• Thumbs Up 6

Dude, will you please stop?

Is this seriously what this is all fucking about? This issue was settled by a mod 3 days ago, and you still aren't listening. You want the Game Night to work your way? Do your own fucking one, I don't care. Just don't meddle in our way of trying to provide an event to others, there is no need of derailing this thread anymore. 

We've discussed this privately and I think it's clear that we don't want your streaming or services. Stop advertising. I will NOT say this again. Leave it be, or get out.

• Thumbs Up 5

Getting back to the topic of tonight's Game Night.

I will be handling the 3DS side of things. We will all be using the Chatzy room that Klonoa posted above. He'll post later with further details about that

• Thumbs Up 2

I hink you guys should record the matches, or make a livestream(remeber, it was an opinion)

We don't have the gear for streaming Wii U/Console games but we will be able to stream PC matches.