Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

http://imgur.com/a/ItGsn

Some untranslated scans from the manga have been found. A bit NSFW, but you'll see a naked squid kid (Who's only censored by a tiny squid)

Cg6vGWg.png

krdDM0J.png

4ZJColv.png

*Rest in Gallery*

Not orange and blue? Well, okay. Purple and green looks good too.

Whoo! Got my first request for the Cosplay Inklings Commissions I started up on DA and here's the finished result!

lucy_and_natsu_inklings_by_sonicgirl313-

Also I heard about the Testfire. I was shocked that they were going to have another one and it made my brother and me partial regret deleting our testfire demo. We'll have to download it again.

• Thumbs Up 2

XWoY5wK.jpg

The disc art.

Rather Escher-esque.  Pity they didn't go all the way and have the straight arrow-shapes around the edges, gradually becoming the squids at the middle, or vice versa.

I like the artwork on the disc. Simple, cute and green and purple colours that work so harmoniously together (thankfully)!

Ack, just remembered Gamestop was doing the preorder costumes, but I preordered at TRU instead because there isn't one of the former near my apartment... on the other hand I get an amiibo of my choice for 5$ so not too horrible cept it doesn't include the 3 pack   :( well, I'll live

Well I saw some entries and decided I wouldn't try drawing anything. My stuff sucks compared to those pieces. D:

So Splatoon doesn't support the pro controller? I guess that saves me a bit of money which is a good thing considering I just had an expensive three day holiday in London and I still want to buy the game with the Squid Amiibo, but it does kind of suck that I won't be able to use the controller that is perfect for this kind of game. Oh well, not a huge deal.

Though it does have me wondering, how does local multiplayer work? Wiimote and nunchuck?

Who want to have a free squirt gun?!

tumblr_inline_nok6blRZoP1tn4c3d_500.jpg

As you can see, it's a target exclusive (Sorry Canada)

• Thumbs Up 2

Amano: But in the beginning we weren’t trying to create a new character. We were trying to create a new game structure first and foremost.

Nogami: That’s right. We weren’t invested in creating a new character. We just set out to create a game with a new structure.

Iwata: That’s very important. The way that (Shigeru) Miyamoto-san and the EAD make games, the idea comes not from the design, but from the function. The design comes after.

See this is how you fucking do it.

Form follows function. As much as that sounds elementary this is something so many developers get wrong. There's no point in making a new IP unless there's a brand new idea that can be made to inform it, hence why Splatoon easily deserves to rest alongside Nintendo's all-stars. There's a perfectly good reason why the Inklings are already this popular in spite of the shallow assumption that they embody Nick-aesthetics.

The Asks also vindicate my original suspicion that they really did not have much going for the game aside from the Turf War during E3. The game only started expanding after all of the positive feedback. It's damn amazing that in spite of so much undone content that the E3 playable content was still as amazing as it was. It just comes to show how much Nintendo nailed depth in simplicity.

• Thumbs Up 7

Who want to have a free squirt gun?!

tumblr_inline_nok6blRZoP1tn4c3d_500.jpg

As you can see, it's a target exclusive (Sorry Canada)

They have a decent relationship, doesn't surprise me, and they are doing all they can. However this is upping it a level, previous games(MK8, Kirby, MP10) got normal ads about once an hour, this is a once an hour full spot that has actual endorsement, they are seriously going for full exposure

Reminder, testfire is tomorrow! at 3PM (PST), 6(EST). Plan to catch it!

Also 23:00 BST.

I will be ready, and waiting to test the Splat Charger, the weapon I used least last time.

God damn, midnight for me......ah fuck it, I've stayed up later, I'm sure I can give it another whirl before next Friday.

Also, any word on when reviews should start popping up?

God damn, midnight for me......ah fuck it, I've stayed up later, I'm sure I can give it another whirl before next Friday.

Also, any word on when reviews should start popping up?

27th, aka WedNESday