Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

But why there are japanese text?

There are Japanese fans of American baseball teams. In fact, MLB games are broadcast in Japan.

Also The Mariners are owned by Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, I'd totally forgotten that Nintendo owns their own MLB team until you mentioned that.

Crazy.

Yeah, it's weird but, it also puts into perspective why all the Nintendo published major league baseball games had Ken Griffey Jr. billing.

I can't wait for the "fanart" of Spaltoon

If you're referring to a certain rule, that has already happen. People did it within an hour it was first announced at E3. How do I know this? Youtube comments, that's how.

Who cares, let 'em draw whatever they want. :V

That commercial was iffy IMO, but nothing too cringe-worthy.

According to Best Buy's Public Google Hangout that they held a few hours ago in regards to the game, the ink tanks on the Splatoon Amiibo contain actual ink. Not sure how true that is.

Nintendo, why

Nintendo: Making fans embarrassed since, I guess sometime ago

Nintendo please. I must know for the sake of my own well being. Am I a kid now or am I a squid now?

I'm having an existential crisis here.

Felt it'd be kind of alien to see the Japanese ad used for a western audience since it really doesn't tell us much at all about the game. I'm not sure it's a good advert to have. The second and third Japanese ads were a bit better and although this one is incredibly stylish and shows Nintendo's dedication in pushing it in Japan, I'm not sure of the effectiveness of it over here, particularly for a new IP on a console that isn't performing that well.

As cringey as the NA ads are (well, only the second one really when you get down to it), they're only running on kids channels while the JP/EU ads are bound to see more general circulation. The former at least do a bit of a clearer job in trying to telegraph to it's audience what the game is and isn't beyond what you usually see on Nick and CN these days. Meanwhile you'd be forgiven for assuming that the first Japanese Splatoon ad is a commercial for one of those Canon printers.

Saw the first ad the other day actually, either on Nicktoons or CN... also anybody else think it would be cool if Nintendo did a Nintendo Baseball game that had the Seattle Mariners going up against teams made up of characters from different Nintendo IPs?

If they threw some clips from a few multiplayer games in that UK add it'd be perfect I think. I like the idea, but it needs to convey that it's a fun shooting game more. Especially when you're running the ad on TV to a non enthusiast audience. 

They're just cringeworthy and awkward to listen to. Ultimately they're not bad ads and they're clearly aimed at the younger demographic. But still. Bleh.

Anybody know if the game will support the pro controller for player 1?

I'm pretty sure they confirmed other control methods, yes.

Barely Understandable GameXplain guy confirms otherwise:

• Thumbs Up 2

Not really surprising, considering the gamepad screen is pretty much required for online multiplayer. Not a problem for me, really, the Gamepad is pretty much my favourite controller this gen anyway.

Not really surprising, considering the gamepad screen is pretty much required for online multiplayer.

Not really. You lose the map and the ability to super jump. That's hardly game-breaking. Stuff that could "easily" be moved. Easily in quotes because I assume it's probably not easy.

I guess they could give you a button to toggle map display on and off.  It wouldn't be any less multi-tasking requiring than the act of physically looking down at your gamepad.